These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Farming Tutorials

First post
Author
gfldex
#1 - 2016-12-03 19:50:39 UTC
I just got the rather disturbing EVE Mail from a russian fellow who believed an insult is in order just because I placed a bounty on him.

Quote:
Not going to look up that link, but I'll inform you that you've put a few bounties on my alts that are deleted 12 hours later. They are farming tutorial. You're wasting ISK, not a lot, but wasting nonetheless.


I don't care much about the Mini Skill Injector but we might as well remove all Merlin BPOs from the game. Kisogo got 150+ players right now where it used to have 30ish. Chribbas fine char creation chart has become useless as it doesn't account for recycled chars.

Would be nice if somebody could poke the dev in question to have a look if this may become a bigger problem.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#2 - 2016-12-03 20:01:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
What problem?

I can take my industry alts Merlin BPO and create multiple, multi run complies at a faster individual rate than these can be farmed.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#3 - 2016-12-03 20:13:25 UTC
gfldex
#4 - 2016-12-03 20:15:22 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
I can take my industry alts Merlin BPO and create multiple, multi run complies at a faster individual rate than these can be farmed.


Do you create the minerals required for building 400 Merlin per hour out of thin air?

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#5 - 2016-12-03 20:17:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
gfldex wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
I can take my industry alts Merlin BPO and create multiple, multi run complies at a faster individual rate than these can be farmed.


Do you create the minerals required for building 400 Merlin per hour out of thin air?

Do this russian farmer create such amount?

If even 400 of them wil get and farm those, market will regulate price on it. Soon farming of them will become unworthy of their time.
gfldex
#6 - 2016-12-03 20:24:52 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Do they?


The ships that are handed out by the tutorial are not build and therefore don't consume minerals. They can be refined or just used as they are. Point is that in those games where you can find a bags of gold you never find bags of gold. You get a few pieces of copper if you are lucky. You also get lvl1 items handed out that become completely useless once you cross lvl5. In EVE we don't got vendor trash. Any item that is not marked as civilian can be molten down. That's why there are those civilian items and that's why they where used as hand outs when I was young.

I don't know at what threshold free minerals become a problem, that's why a dev will have to have a look.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Paranoid Loyd
#7 - 2016-12-03 20:32:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
If you think it's a problem, report it simple as that. No need for a discussion when you clearly think it's wrong.

Not to mention this borders on discussing exploits which is not OK.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

gfldex
#8 - 2016-12-03 20:34:40 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Do this russian farmer create such amount?

If even 400 of them wil get and farm those, market will regulate price on it. Soon farming of them will become unworthy of their time.


A corp mate of mine who just stopped being Alpha (bless him) told me he got it down to 15min/tutorial. If Kisogi alone got 130 players the other 12 systems must at least produce 400 T1 frigs per hour.

The market can't regulate the price because that T1 frig is a by product. The farmers are after the mini skill injectors. If you set up a buy order you can buy Merlins for 40kISK. Mineral value is slightly over 300kISK. That means mineral prices sans mega must drop to 13% of current prices. That sounds kinda wrong to me. The market never regulates anything because the market doesn't exist. It's an abstract concept.

(All calculations in this post where done with Perl 6. Join us at perl6.org.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#9 - 2016-12-03 20:37:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Ok, so you say its the most profitabe thing since moon mining? I dont see it that way. Ask him how much he makes ISK/h

And all those minerals will be put to good use.
gfldex
#10 - 2016-12-03 20:37:52 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Not to mention this borders on discussing exploits which is not OK.


If you believe farming mini skill injectors is an exploit you should report it. I believe it's not an exploit by any means. The item in question is capped by the sum of the SP a char got. It would be better if there would be a one time use limit but that's beside the point. The whole tutorial is just an exercise in bad game design and I believe we the players should care about that.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#11 - 2016-12-03 20:41:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
gfldex wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
I can take my industry alts Merlin BPO and create multiple, multi run complies at a faster individual rate than these can be farmed.


Do you create the minerals required for building 400 Merlin per hour out of thin air?

No, I don't create minerals ever. Screw that boring gameplay.

But who cares. More ships to blow up is a good thing.

Go submit a support ticket if you think the volumes are going to break the Merlin market or whatever the issue is supposed to be.
gfldex
#12 - 2016-12-03 20:44:15 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Ask him how much he makes ISK/h


Mini skill injectors are down to 50M on sell contracts. That would mean 200M/h. He didn't do it for the ISK. He went that slippery slope because I told him that I believe for a very young player PI only makes sense if he happens to step on a skill injector. That way he can get PI skills up to a reasonable amount (he didn't spend the SP until he became Omega) and make the invested money back in a few weeks. Would be rather easy for him because we got nice planets in our WH and the old farts will buy the PI products off him.

It wont stay at 200M/h because those who can use the injectors don't got the money to buy them and they are easy to farm.

The problem is not the ISK/h, the problem is the by product that will skew prices for that by product beyond reason.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

gfldex
#13 - 2016-12-03 20:47:33 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Go submit a support ticket if you think the volumes are going to break the Merlin market or whatever the issue is supposed to be.


When I learned one thing in the last 13 years then that both support tickets and bug reports are completely useless.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#14 - 2016-12-03 20:50:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Beyond reason? How much beyond reason? Meh. You are overreacting. I create more minerals sleeping.

And this 200M ISK/h is only when he sell those mini injectors, that would be very rare I think, so no, he would not make 200M ISK/h by any means.

But one thing bothers me. Can you inject unlimited amount of those Mini Skill Injectors, before hitting 750k allocated SP? That would mean you can farm SP in express way.

MSI should work only to 750k SP allocated or not, the sum of those two.

Either way, CCP made it this way to bring up the BIG numbers, so its success. Lol
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#15 - 2016-12-03 21:09:09 UTC
gfldex wrote:
When I learned one thing in the last 13 years then that both support tickets and bug reports are completely useless.

Slightly less useless than us here in the forum though.......wait, what?

Sad, but true.
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#16 - 2016-12-05 01:51:44 UTC
16. Posting about bugs and exploits is prohibited.

Bugs and exploits should be reported through the proper channels. Bugs should be brought to the attention of CCP by filing a bug report for our Quality Assurance department. More information on filing bug reports can be found here. Discussions about unverified issues in game can cause unnecessary panic in the community. When there is an issue that the EVE Online community needs to be aware of, it will be communicated via an official statement from CCP after thorough investigation.

Closed.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.