These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Extract & Inject into Main or sell?

Author
Kayoss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-11-17 22:56:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Kayoss
I have an Alt with 36 million SP.
I never use the character accept when I need my carrier.
So no point paying for him all the time.
Was thinking of Extracting as much SP as I can and Injecting it into my main or sell him as is.
Any thoughts on the matter?
Kayoss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-11-17 23:35:39 UTC
No one has an opinion on the topic :(
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#3 - 2016-11-18 02:08:20 UTC
It costs plex to transfer the character if you sell him. It would cost the same to transfer him to your main account and keep him. I generally keep things I have put time into.

Myself, I like multiple accounts, more than multiple players. So if I was keeping him, I'd keep the second account as well.
Train him in a different direction from your main and have another option for gaming.

If I were to sell, I'd dump the whole player and just keep ISK for whatever. I wouldn't do all the SP transfer and deal with the diminishing returns

Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#4 - 2016-11-18 10:18:49 UTC
Choices I see:

sell - I see a 34 million SP character offered for a 20 billion buyout on the bazaar right now. You may get more or less depending on skillset. Minus 2 plex transfer fee.

strip and sell injectors - 62 injectors at 600 mil = 37 billion - 17.5 billion for extractors ~ 20 billion. Injector prices are dropping.

strip and use injectors - 62 x 150k = 9.3 million SP (assuming you are already above 80mil) at a cost of 17.5 billion for extractors.

I would sell unless you really need the SP for a near term project.