These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Can you team up with another player during the tutorial?

First post
Author
Jeff-Zero AX
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-11-16 02:39:52 UTC
I'm kind of stuck at one part in the tutorial, during the "Battle of the Hive" or something. My brother also says he's going to play but he's waiting for his new PC to come in first. I was thinking that maybe we could team up and maybe that would make it easier to beat that section of the story or whatever. But can you actually team up?

Why can't I put an image in my signature like in every other forum? :l

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#2 - 2016-11-16 02:44:50 UTC
yes, form a fleet and he can warp to you when you are in the site.
you will need the fleet window open for this ,it opens automatically once you right click-form fleet him
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#3 - 2016-11-16 03:22:48 UTC
Stuck how?

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Jeff-Zero AX
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-11-16 03:40:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Jeff-Zero AX
Alright, thanks Ralph.




@Max - I'm at the part in the tutorial (not sure if every player goes through this or if it's just those who chose a particular career path when creating a character) where I'm at the, I think it's called, Seeker Hive, or something. I received a frigate class ship before I initially started this part in the story to replace the corvette ship I started in. I did what I needed to and destroyed the big "capital(?)" enemy ship and then focused on trying to destroy the Hive itself. But I died really shortly before I could finish the final blow. So I had to travel back to the station I started from. Unfortunately, my new frigate was not replaced so I had to go back to my corvette again.

I then travel all the way back to the Hive site but for some reason I had to re-destroy the big capital ship again. This is where I'm stuck at now. Three enemy reinforcement ships come up after I engage attack with the capital ship. They all three decide to focus all of their attention on me, because apparently a tiny little corvette ship is more important than the dozens of much bigger, more powerful ships that are also attacking the big baddie. The reason I'm stuck here is because I just keep dying from those three ships. I've got the repair thing running but it doesn't repair fast enough to counter the blows my ship is taking.

I tried to go through the necessary procedures to attack those three ships but my gun wouldn't fire on them, it kept firing on the big ship. I selected one of the enemy ships, did orbit, and locked on. Even turned my gun off and then turned it back on but when the gun came back on, it was still firing at the big ship, even though I'm locked onto something else. My idea was that my brother could stand back and shoot at the reinforcements while I focused on shooting the big ship.

Anyway, I had to quit after the third time dying. It takes about 10 minutes in all to get from the place I died, to the station and back to the site again so that's 30 minutes wasted...

Why can't I put an image in my signature like in every other forum? :l

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#5 - 2016-11-16 03:47:17 UTC
I'd suggest just asking for help in local chat. When they catch on to the fact that you are an actual newbie, they'll likely lend a hand. If not, shoot me an evemail and I'll see if I can head over to where you are and help you get started. Right now, though, I'll go to bed, so that will have to wait until tomorrow. :)
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#6 - 2016-11-16 03:54:13 UTC
Hmm Thats not the way that should work. Having a second player may not solve that issue. I am going to poke a Bug Hunter about it.

Can you reset to the Last checkpoint?

[Img]https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/uploads-eu.hipchat.com/387966/3225907/1ct83stFSYZ3DJz/2016.11.16.03.48.06.png[/img]

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Jeff-Zero AX
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2016-11-16 15:14:11 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Hmm Thats not the way that should work. Having a second player may not solve that issue. I am going to poke a Bug Hunter about it.

Can you reset to the Last checkpoint?

[Img]https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/uploads-eu.hipchat.com/387966/3225907/1ct83stFSYZ3DJz/2016.11.16.03.48.06.png[/img]


I tried to reset to the least checkpoint right after I died the first time but apparently the game creates a checkpoint at the time you die so it just reset me back to just a couple seconds after my ship exploded. Once I get back in an actual ship again, the mission picks back up where I have to destroy the Big Ship. At that point I'm kind of scared to hit the reset button because I don't know which way in time it's going to reset :P

I'm still puzzled as to why I have to kill the Big Ship again in the first place. Also the fact that I seemingly lost a new ship in the TUTORIAL permanently. It's like... jeez. Cut me a little slack.

Why can't I put an image in my signature like in every other forum? :l

Othran
Route One
#8 - 2016-11-16 15:26:29 UTC
Jeff-Zero AX wrote:
Also the fact that I seemingly lost a new ship in the TUTORIAL permanently. It's like... jeez. Cut me a little slack.


There are - or were anyway - tutorial missions where its intended that you lose your ship Pirate

It sounds like you've found a bug in the NPE though.
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#9 - 2016-11-16 15:40:29 UTC
Put in a Bug Report (f12) and a support ticket. Although your at the end of the tutorial so it may not be worth the time for the ticket.

Also, your supposed to die at the end. Eve is a harsh game. Everything you have can and more than likely will be destroyed at some point. Its an important lesson to learn. When you think your winning and your the best at this game, look over your should because there is a player ready to stab you in the back and take your stuff.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#10 - 2016-11-16 15:51:02 UTC
Jeff-Zero AX wrote:
It's like... jeez. Cut me a little slack.

Nah. Welcome to new Eden. :D
Othran
Route One
#11 - 2016-11-16 16:25:54 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Eve is a harsh game. Everything you have can and more than likely will be destroyed at some point. Its an important lesson to learn. When you think your winning and your the best at this game, look over your should because there is a player ready to stab you in the back and take your stuff.


Summary for newbies is you are not your ship. Your ship will die. You won't.

You are absolutely GUARANTEED to lose your ship at some point in Eve unless you are a margin trader in Jita or a CEO alt.

Insurance is a waste of money for anything T2/T3 and if you're not leaving highsec insurance is a complete waste of money for anything which is in the scope of this discussion Smile
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#12 - 2016-11-16 17:00:27 UTC
If memory serves me right... there are two missions in the Sisters of EVE story arc where you encounter a capital ship.

In the first mission you are not supposed to shoot it... or shoot anything really. Just buzz around until the missions says **Objective Complete**

In the second mission, the capital ship will leave and take a good chunk of the hostile forces with it. All you have to do is mop up what stays behind.
Jeff-Zero AX
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-11-16 21:14:01 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
If memory serves me right... there are two missions in the Sisters of EVE story arc where you encounter a capital ship.

In the first mission you are not supposed to shoot it... or shoot anything really. Just buzz around until the missions says **Objective Complete**

In the second mission, the capital ship will leave and take a good chunk of the hostile forces with it. All you have to do is mop up what stays behind.


In this mission I have to use some kind of virtual net to keep the ship from escaping or something. The totes not Cortana tells me to stay near the ship and shoot at it until it's dead.

Why can't I put an image in my signature like in every other forum? :l

Arucard Lestad3
Doomheim
#14 - 2017-01-04 17:02:35 UTC
Jeff-Zero AX wrote:
Alright, thanks Ralph.

I have exactly the same problem. Did you solved it? what did you do?
Thanks


@Max - I'm at the part in the tutorial (not sure if every player goes through this or if it's just those who chose a particular career path when creating a character) where I'm at the, I think it's called, Seeker Hive, or something. I received a frigate class ship before I initially started this part in the story to replace the corvette ship I started in. I did what I needed to and destroyed the big "capital(?)" enemy ship and then focused on trying to destroy the Hive itself. But I died really shortly before I could finish the final blow. So I had to travel back to the station I started from. Unfortunately, my new frigate was not replaced so I had to go back to my corvette again.

I then travel all the way back to the Hive site but for some reason I had to re-destroy the big capital ship again. This is where I'm stuck at now. Three enemy reinforcement ships come up after I engage attack with the capital ship. They all three decide to focus all of their attention on me, because apparently a tiny little corvette ship is more important than the dozens of much bigger, more powerful ships that are also attacking the big baddie. The reason I'm stuck here is because I just keep dying from those three ships. I've got the repair thing running but it doesn't repair fast enough to counter the blows my ship is taking.

I tried to go through the necessary procedures to attack those three ships but my gun wouldn't fire on them, it kept firing on the big ship. I selected one of the enemy ships, did orbit, and locked on. Even turned my gun off and then turned it back on but when the gun came back on, it was still firing at the big ship, even though I'm locked onto something else. My idea was that my brother could stand back and shoot at the reinforcements while I focused on shooting the big ship.

Anyway, I had to quit after the third time dying. It takes about 10 minutes in all to get from the place I died, to the station and back to the site again so that's 30 minutes wasted...

Teckos Pech
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2017-01-04 17:07:00 UTC
Jeff-Zero AX wrote:
I'm kind of stuck at one part in the tutorial, during the "Battle of the Hive" or something. My brother also says he's going to play but he's waiting for his new PC to come in first. I was thinking that maybe we could team up and maybe that would make it easier to beat that section of the story or whatever. But can you actually team up?


How dare you come here and ask a reasonable question in a reasonable manner.

This is EVE dammit, either rage post or post lots of tears.

FFS.

Big smile

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Arucard Lestad3
Doomheim
#16 - 2017-01-04 17:09:35 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Put in a Bug Report (f12) and a support ticket. Although your at the end of the tutorial so it may not be worth the time for the ticket.

Also, your supposed to die at the end. Eve is a harsh game. Everything you have can and more than likely will be destroyed at some point. Its an important lesson to learn. When you think your winning and your the best at this game, look over your should because there is a player ready to stab you in the back and take your stuff.


Hi. I have the same problem. My big ship was destroyed and now I have to pass the mission with the small ship. And it is very difficult. Do you know how to solve this problem?
Thanks
Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2017-01-04 18:00:32 UTC
Jeff-Zero AX wrote:
Alright, thanks Ralph.




@Max - I'm at the part in the tutorial (not sure if every player goes through this or if it's just those who chose a particular career path when creating a character) where I'm at the, I think it's called, Seeker Hive, or something. I received a frigate class ship before I initially started this part in the story to replace the corvette ship I started in. I did what I needed to and destroyed the big "capital(?)" enemy ship and then focused on trying to destroy the Hive itself. But I died really shortly before I could finish the final blow. So I had to travel back to the station I started from. Unfortunately, my new frigate was not replaced so I had to go back to my corvette again.

I then travel all the way back to the Hive site but for some reason I had to re-destroy the big capital ship again. This is where I'm stuck at now. Three enemy reinforcement ships come up after I engage attack with the capital ship. They all three decide to focus all of their attention on me, because apparently a tiny little corvette ship is more important than the dozens of much bigger, more powerful ships that are also attacking the big baddie. The reason I'm stuck here is because I just keep dying from those three ships. I've got the repair thing running but it doesn't repair fast enough to counter the blows my ship is taking.

I tried to go through the necessary procedures to attack those three ships but my gun wouldn't fire on them, it kept firing on the big ship. I selected one of the enemy ships, did orbit, and locked on. Even turned my gun off and then turned it back on but when the gun came back on, it was still firing at the big ship, even though I'm locked onto something else. My idea was that my brother could stand back and shoot at the reinforcements while I focused on shooting the big ship.

Anyway, I had to quit after the third time dying. It takes about 10 minutes in all to get from the place I died, to the station and back to the site again so that's 30 minutes wasted...


This sounds like The new player expirience where there is a sleeper hive that is above a huge spacial rift and there are loads of drifter battle ships and some sleeper drones. You ignore the drifter battleships, the npcs kill those for you. You focus on the 3 sleeper drones but they keep spawning in 3s I think 3 times. Also the npcs help destroy the hive when it is time but they don't do damage unless you are also shooting it. Just throw the free rookie ships at the mission until complete, you can get a free rookie ship from a local station you have no ships in every time you dock in your pod. And yeah this mission destroys your ship The NPCs sacrifice you to get the final blows in and run off like sissies cause none of them are capsuleers. I stayed in long enough to lose a pod when i did this with an alt to see what the npe was like.
Memphis Baas
#18 - 2017-01-04 22:51:19 UTC
Yup this is the last mission of the NPE tutorial. Tasks are like this, in order:

1. Warp in.
2. Kill 3 Drifters that focus on you.
3. Fly over to the capital ship that was taken over by Drifters.
4. Use stasis webifier on capital ship, then shoot at capital ship.
5. Stop shooting capital ship long enough to deal with a few waves of 3 Drifters that attack you (kill them).
6. Finish off capital ship.
7. Fly over to the center of the hive base.
8. Destroy 3 Drifters that attack you.
9. Target the hive base, shoot hive base.
10. Stop shooting and switch to killing the 3 Drifters that attack you.
11. Kill the base - base explosion destroys your ship and capsule.
12. Reappear in station in your new clone and claim replacement ships and rewards.

It is possible to finish the mission in the Corvette, but you must get a Stasis Webifier for the Corvette, as well as a civilian armor repairer and civilian afterburner. And it helps if you remove the mining laser and put in another gun.

Dock your corvette at the school station and right-click it, then Exit Ship. Then right-click the corvette again and repackage it. Then double-click to re-assemble it, and double-click again to enter it. This will duplicate its weapons and modules, so you have 2 guns available. Open the Fittings panel and remove the mining laser and put the second gun in.

As far as the webifier, search for a Stasis Webifier on the market and see if there's one at the school station, that you can afford. Also search for a Small Armor Repairer and/or 1mn Afterburner I if you don't have those modules.

But easiest is to just ask someone in the Local channel to fleet with you and come help you. Keep in mind that you may have to stop shooting for a bit to let them get away before you destroy the drifter hive completely, otherwise the explosion will destroy their ship too.

Yamabushi Ozunu
Doomheim
#19 - 2017-01-05 04:21:01 UTC
Jeff-Zero AX wrote:

I tried to go through the necessary procedures to attack those three ships but my gun wouldn't fire on them, it kept firing on the big ship. I selected one of the enemy ships, did orbit, and locked on. Even turned my gun off and then turned it back on but when the gun came back on, it was still firing at the big ship, even though I'm locked onto something else. My idea was that my brother could stand back and shoot at the reinforcements while I focused on shooting the big ship.

Anyway, I had to quit after the third time dying. It takes about 10 minutes in all to get from the place I died, to the station and back to the site again so that's 30 minutes wasted...


You can have 4 targets locked at once. When you click to turn gun off, make sure you have one of the 3 spawned ships clicked from your 4 locked targets, then activate gun and you'll shoot at that one. It dies, gun stops by itself, click the next locked target and fire again. Repeat until the 3 are dead, then go back to the big ship/hive. You won't get close to dying in a frigate if you switch to the 3 new spawns every time they appear. I think you should be fine in a corvette too. But if you keep firing at the big target while 3, then 6, then 9 new spawns are firing at you, your repairer can't keep up.
Fek Mercer
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2017-01-06 01:59:15 UTC
The little rotating arrows indicate which target your guns will shoot when they are turned on. Make sure to click another locked ships to change target. Put two civilian guns on your corvette and the mission is quite easy