These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Looking up skill points question...

Author
Xateric
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-10-29 15:19:22 UTC
I am thinking of activating some of my older accounts, is there any way to see how many skill points the pilots have before I activate.

"ALL MEN SHALL PAY IN FULL"

Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#2 - 2016-10-29 15:31:50 UTC
Eve Gate has the information but I don't know if you can get there without an active account. In 2 weeks you'll be able to log them in as Alpha State characters.
Xateric
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-10-29 15:35:46 UTC
Do Little wrote:
Eve Gate has the information but I don't know if you can get there without an active account. In 2 weeks you'll be able to log them in as Alpha State characters.

Thank you...

"ALL MEN SHALL PAY IN FULL"

DSpite Culhach
#4 - 2016-11-07 04:19:59 UTC
Do Little wrote:

My apologies for being slightly off topic, but was there ever an actual reason CCP ever gave as to why we could not look up old account stats with an API key when they were not subscribed?

I apparently have no idea what I'm doing.

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#5 - 2016-11-07 04:58:40 UTC
DSpite Culhach wrote:

My apologies for being slightly off topic, but was there ever an actual reason CCP ever gave as to why we could not look up old account stats with an API key when they were not subscribed?

I think it has to do with the way your character files are stored, and some basic business practices.
Access to character requires active account.
Since that account is more ore less your creation, they can't really allow any unauthorized access to it.
Since they own the files and database, and are a business, they shouldn't allow access that isn't paid for.
Hesod Adee
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2016-11-07 05:59:43 UTC
The API still works on unsubscribed characters. At least it did a few months ago when I used it. So I'd suggest:
- Create an API key that includes skill information for that account
- Use that API key in something that shows you your skills. Evemon works.