These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Privateering License as a concept for ISk sinking/Eve income

First post
Author
Bait'er De'Outlier
Trans-Aerospace Industries
#1 - 2016-10-22 01:32:32 UTC
How about adding a "Privateering License" as a purchasable game mechanic?

Suggestion for it:

In game function - allows engagement in PVP with any character not in the activating character's corporation without CONCORD or gate/station guns intervention.

Daily license rate of $1 or monthly license rate of $10. (or whatever CCP figures will work nicely)

Applies whether free to play or subscription based.

Allows one license for "Privateering" against members all of the other Eve corps, PC and NPC, except for members of the corporation the character is in when the license is activated.

Activating the "Privateer License" is done on a per character basis.

Once activated the "Privateer License" remains in effect for it's full duration, i.e. no "off switch" for it.

Once the "Privateer License" is in effect the "Privateer" is set to "Suspect" status for the duration of the license*.

Engaging as the aggressor in non-wardec PVP generates security status loss as normal for the Privateer BUT CONCORD WILL NOT intervene against the Privateer unless the Privateer is attacking a member of their own corp* or an NPC station/structure.

The "Privateer" is still subject to Faction Police action based on security status/faction status.

If the character the license is active for drops from a corporation the license switches automatically to the new corp and remains until the time runs out.

"Privateers License" could be a commodity like PLEX, i.e. trade item, maybe a rare loot drop during special events etc.

*which yes means anyone in the game including their corpmates can potentially engage the "Privateer" freely or assist against them.

**unless friendly fire is legal for said corp in which case no CONCORD intervention.
Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2016-10-22 01:44:01 UTC
Sounds like a well thought out waste of your time. Blink

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Starrakatt
Celtic Anarchy
Dead Terrorists
#3 - 2016-10-22 02:35:07 UTC
I'd pay for the monthly fee, ohyes.

Then I would go about eradicating freighters out of main systems and trade pipes, and Plex all my accounts with the fat loot.

Even better, there would be no safe blingy mission runner left anywhere I'd operate.

Sec status loss? Bah, vast income from phat loot would pay for the sec tags.

No more NPC corp Freighters/Mission Runners would be safe anywhere.

I'd sadistically wring my hands with glee, hunting down and punish the guys that ever jump corp or drop into NPC corp to evade Wardec, and that would be JUST.

Multiply me by many, MANY more.


<<< Net effect: Likely, the majority of players that create 1 man corps or stay in NPC corps would stop playing, as anyone paying the fee could (and would) wipe the floor with them, daring to interact with their scacred right of being left alone.

Also, wrong subforum.
xXuber-NitsheXx
#4 - 2016-10-22 03:10:47 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Sounds like a well thought out waste of your time. Blink



This is OA, you are clear and readable, out to you Loyd.

Thieving pirates discuss INTEGRITY; Anarchist gankers give us LAWS; and Whoring merc's cry then blow off clients with INSULTS. Up is down and down is up in the C&P Forum.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#5 - 2016-10-22 04:09:30 UTC
This is just what eve needs. A good shove in the direction of pay to win...

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Dark Lord Trump
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2016-10-23 16:49:39 UTC
The entire point of highsec is that you can't run up to someone and shoot them in the face without either a) getting CONCORDed or b) tricking them into shooting first. Do I think that hisec should be safe? No. That doesn't mean that you should be able to pay to turn it into lowsec.

I'm going to build a big wall that will keep the Gallente out, and they're going to pay for it!

Pami Walker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2016-10-24 02:54:12 UTC
Dark Lord Trump wrote:
The entire point of highsec is that you can't run up to someone and shoot them in the face without either a) getting CONCORDed or b) tricking them into shooting first. Do I think that hisec should be safe? No. That doesn't mean that you should be able to pay to turn it into lowsec.


I disagree, hi sec should be safe. If CCP is hurting for money, why is it that they allow their players to drive away thousands of possible subscribers each month. When people start playing, they do not understand aggression mechanics. The do not understand what a war dec means. Pretty much they do not understand much at all yet they are harvested to make pvp wannabes look good on the killboards.

Is this solution simple, no not at all. But some one, some place needs to step and make a lot of people unhappy by changing some mechanics. How, i don't know. Maybe make industrial ships ungankable in 8,9,10 space. Maybe by not canceling aggressor status till your podded. Like i said, i do not know, however if eve wants to be a game for more people than the usual sociopaths and psychopaths, then it needs to step out of the darkness and into the light.

Maybe a Privateer might be a start. It would allow them to shoot any one with an active weapons timer. Allow them to pod aggressors without penalty. I am not sure. I do know however that CCP is making a push to get more people involved with eve. It would just be sad if their efforts went to waste simply people the newbies quit cause they got ganked and didn't understand why. Especially when they get laughed at when they ask why.
Natural CloneKiller
Commonwealth Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#8 - 2016-10-24 05:30:26 UTC
Bait'er De'Outlier wrote:
How about adding a "Privateering License" as a purchasable game mechanic?

Suggestion for it:

In game function - allows engagement in PVP with any character not in the activating character's corporation without CONCORD or gate/station guns intervention.

Daily license rate of $1 or monthly license rate of $10. (or whatever CCP figures will work nicely)

Applies whether free to play or subscription based.

Allows one license for "Privateering" against members all of the other Eve corps, PC and NPC, except for members of the corporation the character is in when the license is activated.

Activating the "Privateer License" is done on a per character basis.

Once activated the "Privateer License" remains in effect for it's full duration, i.e. no "off switch" for it.

Once the "Privateer License" is in effect the "Privateer" is set to "Suspect" status for the duration of the license*.

Engaging as the aggressor in non-wardec PVP generates security status loss as normal for the Privateer BUT CONCORD WILL NOT intervene against the Privateer unless the Privateer is attacking a member of their own corp* or an NPC station/structure.

The "Privateer" is still subject to Faction Police action based on security status/faction status.

If the character the license is active for drops from a corporation the license switches automatically to the new corp and remains until the time runs out.

"Privateers License" could be a commodity like PLEX, i.e. trade item, maybe a rare loot drop during special events etc.

*which yes means anyone in the game including their corpmates can potentially engage the "Privateer" freely or assist against them.

**unless friendly fire is legal for said corp in which case no CONCORD intervention.

You waste time dreaming.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#9 - 2016-10-24 05:36:10 UTC
Pami Walker wrote:
Dark Lord Trump wrote:
The entire point of highsec is that you can't run up to someone and shoot them in the face without either a) getting CONCORDed or b) tricking them into shooting first. Do I think that hisec should be safe? No. That doesn't mean that you should be able to pay to turn it into lowsec.


I disagree, hi sec should be safe. If CCP is hurting for money, why is it that they allow their players to drive away thousands of possible subscribers each month. When people start playing, they do not understand aggression mechanics. The do not understand what a war dec means. Pretty much they do not understand much at all yet they are harvested to make pvp wannabes look good on the killboards.

Is this solution simple, no not at all. But some one, some place needs to step and make a lot of people unhappy by changing some mechanics. How, i don't know. Maybe make industrial ships ungankable in 8,9,10 space. Maybe by not canceling aggressor status till your podded. Like i said, i do not know, however if eve wants to be a game for more people than the usual sociopaths and psychopaths, then it needs to step out of the darkness and into the light.

Maybe a Privateer might be a start. It would allow them to shoot any one with an active weapons timer. Allow them to pod aggressors without penalty. I am not sure. I do know however that CCP is making a push to get more people involved with eve. It would just be sad if their efforts went to waste simply people the newbies quit cause they got ganked and didn't understand why. Especially when they get laughed at when they ask why.

Please provide the proof that goes with this line of thinking about potential new customers quitting because of xyz. I eagerly await your response and proof.

PS CCP collected statistics given at fanfest about player retention would be a good place to start your search.

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Crack Spawn
Doomheim
#10 - 2016-10-24 06:05:19 UTC
Pami Walker wrote:
Dark Lord Trump wrote:
The entire point of highsec is that you can't run up to someone and shoot them in the face without either a) getting CONCORDed or b) tricking them into shooting first. Do I think that hisec should be safe? No. That doesn't mean that you should be able to pay to turn it into lowsec.


I disagree, hi sec should be safe. If CCP is hurting for money, why is it that they allow their players to drive away thousands of possible subscribers each month. When people start playing, they do not understand aggression mechanics. The do not understand what a war dec means. Pretty much they do not understand much at all yet they are harvested to make pvp wannabes look good on the killboards.

Is this solution simple, no not at all. But some one, some place needs to step and make a lot of people unhappy by changing some mechanics. How, i don't know. Maybe make industrial ships ungankable in 8,9,10 space. Maybe by not canceling aggressor status till your podded. Like i said, i do not know, however if eve wants to be a game for more people than the usual sociopaths and psychopaths, then it needs to step out of the darkness and into the light.

Maybe a Privateer might be a start. It would allow them to shoot any one with an active weapons timer. Allow them to pod aggressors without penalty. I am not sure. I do know however that CCP is making a push to get more people involved with eve. It would just be sad if their efforts went to waste simply people the newbies quit cause they got ganked and didn't understand why. Especially when they get laughed at when they ask why.



If you remember Freelancer old Microsoft space game new york system was a no shoot zone NO PvP maybe noob systems, birth systems should be same? just a thought..
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#11 - 2016-10-24 06:07:25 UTC
Crack Spawn wrote:
Pami Walker wrote:
Dark Lord Trump wrote:
The entire point of highsec is that you can't run up to someone and shoot them in the face without either a) getting CONCORDed or b) tricking them into shooting first. Do I think that hisec should be safe? No. That doesn't mean that you should be able to pay to turn it into lowsec.


I disagree, hi sec should be safe. If CCP is hurting for money, why is it that they allow their players to drive away thousands of possible subscribers each month. When people start playing, they do not understand aggression mechanics. The do not understand what a war dec means. Pretty much they do not understand much at all yet they are harvested to make pvp wannabes look good on the killboards.

Is this solution simple, no not at all. But some one, some place needs to step and make a lot of people unhappy by changing some mechanics. How, i don't know. Maybe make industrial ships ungankable in 8,9,10 space. Maybe by not canceling aggressor status till your podded. Like i said, i do not know, however if eve wants to be a game for more people than the usual sociopaths and psychopaths, then it needs to step out of the darkness and into the light.

Maybe a Privateer might be a start. It would allow them to shoot any one with an active weapons timer. Allow them to pod aggressors without penalty. I am not sure. I do know however that CCP is making a push to get more people involved with eve. It would just be sad if their efforts went to waste simply people the newbies quit cause they got ganked and didn't understand why. Especially when they get laughed at when they ask why.



If you remember Freelancer old Microsoft space game new york system was a no shoot zone NO PvP maybe noob systems, birth systems should be same? just a thought..

They are... baiting in newbro systems is grounds for a ban

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Gou Litvyak
Doomheim
#12 - 2016-10-24 09:40:05 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:

PS CCP collected statistics given at fanfest about player retention would be a good place to start your search.

Yeah that is leaving out the fact that the ganking/griefing caused more players to leave initially, but the few who stayed stayed longer(which was the point). In the end it hurts player retention on the big scale.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#13 - 2016-10-24 09:48:16 UTC
Gou Litvyak wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:

PS CCP collected statistics given at fanfest about player retention would be a good place to start your search.

Yeah that is leaving out the fact that the ganking/griefing caused more players to leave initially, but the few who stayed stayed longer(which was the point). In the end it hurts player retention on the big scale.

Excellent sounds like you have a good argument to go on. Please post the evidence to go with this undoubtedly easily proven fact

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Gou Litvyak
Doomheim
#14 - 2016-10-24 10:42:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Gou Litvyak
You never even looked at the sources you refer to, did you? Reminds me of political discussions, where people refer to documents but none reads them, and base their opinions of what they imagine the sources say.


What was said at fanfest was that the amount of players who got ganked, and stayed, dedicated to EVE long term. That does not mean that all ganked players stay, that wasnt even part of what was presented. Most newbies who got ganked permanently left EVE on the spot, the stats focused on the few who didnt. But thats not how things correlate.

Even if the few who stayed never got griefed/ganked, they would have dedicated to EVE anyways.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#15 - 2016-10-24 11:12:40 UTC
Gou Litvyak wrote:
You never even looked at the sources you refer to, did you? Reminds me of political discussions, where people refer to documents but none reads them, and base their opinions of what they imagine the sources say.


What was said at fanfest was that the amount of players who got ganked, and stayed, dedicated to EVE long term. That does not mean that all ganked players stay, that wasnt even part of what was presented. Most newbies who got ganked permanently left EVE on the spot, the stats focused on the few who didnt. But thats not how things correlate.

Even if the few who stayed never got griefed/ganked, they would have dedicated to EVE anyways.

I did watch it all. I was quite involved with a rather large group of fresh faced newbros at the time so I was rather intrigued. However I am still waiting for your evidence for the section I highlighted in bold. Or could it be you are kinda not really drawing your information from a quotable source. I find this is often the case and was hoping things would be different here Sad

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Gou Litvyak
Doomheim
#16 - 2016-10-24 11:23:34 UTC
Since you were also there and didnt understand anything at all, let me put it to you simply.
Ganking newbies makes the majority of them quit, the few who dont quit stay because the content is meaningful. A ship is a ship, when you lose it its lost. It sets a value on their assets unlike meaningless items in other games. That is why the handful of ganked newbies stay.


That is what was presented on fanfest, when you gank a newbie that player will nearly always be confused, find out he/she lost the ship, be angry, quit and uninstall to never come back. The few who dont, dedicate to EVE.

You can glorify ganking all you want, that doesnt change what was said, it just changes what you think was said that day.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#17 - 2016-10-24 11:31:19 UTC
Gou Litvyak wrote:
Since you were also there and didnt understand anything at all, let me put it to you simply.
Ganking newbies makes the majority of them quit, the few who dont quit stay because the content is meaningful. A ship is a ship, when you lose it its lost. It sets a value on their assets unlike meaningless items in other games. That is why the handful of ganked newbies stay.


That is what was presented on fanfest, when you gank a newbie that player will nearly always be confused, find out he/she lost the ship, be angry, quit and uninstall to never come back. The few who dont, dedicate to EVE.

You can glorify ganking all you want, that doesnt change what was said, it just changes what you think was said that day.

I'm not the one misunderstanding here. It was presented with those who were not killed as a comparison. Those who were killed had a much higher retention rate than those who weren't. Go back and watch it on youtube

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#18 - 2016-10-24 11:34:29 UTC
i guess i could buy one of these and just sit in jita in my smartbomber popping everything Cool

+1

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Bagatur I
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2016-10-24 11:44:53 UTC
it already exists and it is free. just move out of highsec.
Merchant Rova
Miata Waifu Club
#20 - 2016-10-24 16:15:02 UTC
Please dear lord let this thread be a joke.
123Next pageLast page