These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

No right or wrong here; just wondering...

First post
Author
TackyTachy1
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-10-20 02:45:15 UTC
How many of us actually fly the forum alts? This one doesn't do much, mostly flies a Pilgrim and does a little scouting when I do not want multiple units from the same corp all piled in together or when I want to do a little fun ratting. There are long range plans for this character but it's a long grind to where I want to be and exacerbating the situation is my new found determination to not use extended training queues, makes things a bit more challenging plus saves me a few bucks/pounds/lira/marks/drachma etc. (Last time I was in Europe was way pre-Euro days.)

I wander fairly far but mostly I'm in Placid or Verge Vendor unless I'm chasing a bargain deep into racial home space, think battle cruiser or the like. Just never have noticed a frequent poster, and I was wondering...

Forum Rep for a bunch of characters, couple corps and one seriously Lost In Space multiboxer.

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#2 - 2016-10-20 03:46:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
No right or wrong? I don't understand the title.

As for the question, I post on my main. I've occasionally posted with my industry alt and she flies very often. She's very active in game, making ISK. I just explodify it all.
Da Framah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-10-20 03:50:34 UTC
wtf is a forum alt?
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#4 - 2016-10-20 03:57:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Da Framah wrote:
wtf is a forum alt?

An alt used to post on the forum.

Often they are in NPC Corps or never undock as posting in the forum on mains can draw wardecs. There are various reasons people use them.
Mark Marconi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2016-10-20 04:24:26 UTC
No right or wrong here

You came to the wrong place, every one here thinks their right 100% of the time.Big smile

The CSM gets in the way of CCP communicating properly with the players of this game.

After all we are not just players, we are customers.

Time for the CSM to be disbanded.

Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#6 - 2016-10-20 04:30:16 UTC
I post with my main everywhere

@lunettelulu7

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#7 - 2016-10-20 05:08:08 UTC
Kinda the definition of a forum alt is one that doesn't undock.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#8 - 2016-10-20 08:21:50 UTC
i post on my main because i like to be accountable for my trolling

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Lila Merle
Paper Cats
#9 - 2016-10-20 09:20:38 UTC
Well, I've forgotten how to fly so I guess that makes me a forum alt now.
Rain6637
NulzSec
#10 - 2016-10-20 09:42:32 UTC
"alt"

I consider myself a multibox equality activist. It's offensive to call thoroughly trained characters "alts."

most of the time I'm not so much "flying" my forum mains. Technically I fleet them.

http://i.imgur.com/fc0c339.jpg
Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2016-10-20 09:43:27 UTC
I've always posted on my main. We get wardec'd whether I post or not, so...why bother?

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2016-10-20 09:44:28 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
"alt"

I consider myself a multibox equality activist. It's offensive to call thoroughly trained characters "alts."

most of the time I'm not so much "flying" my forum mains. Technically I fleet them.

That is a lot of Rain.

Rain6637
NulzSec
#13 - 2016-10-20 10:53:59 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
"alt"

That is a lot of Rain.

I just added it up, in that picture is 1.66 Billion SP lol
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2016-10-20 11:02:53 UTC
I post with my main having nothing to hide.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2016-10-20 11:38:35 UTC
March rabbit wrote:

I love it when people say this. Of course you have things to hide. We all have things to hide. Everyone has secrets.

What you mean is that you accept the consequences of what you say, which is how it should be, and I salute you for this.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#16 - 2016-10-20 13:11:51 UTC
Forum alts? Hmmm.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#17 - 2016-10-20 13:26:27 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Forum alts? Hmmm.

you've been a forum alt so long you're actually a main

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Greenbaumberk
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2016-10-20 13:29:34 UTC
This is my main... I don't have friends What?
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#19 - 2016-10-20 13:35:07 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

I love it when people say this. Of course you have things to hide. We all have things to hide. Everyone has secrets.

What you mean is that you accept the consequences of what you say, which is how it should be, and I salute you for this.

But is that really what happens when posting with a main account? For example, this account is my main. I post with this one because it was my first account and the one I spend most time on. However, just because it is my main does not mean it my highest risk character. What happens if I anger someone? They war dec RvB or come after a combat character that either flies something they will have trouble ganking or is a cheap ship i already wrote off because I undocked. The same can be said for many members of larger groups. Yes there is making sure you present a good face to the public, but again what is my risk? What is the risk of say a Pandemic Legion/Horde/Marmite posting on their main account? They already face war decs and what not. Griefing isn't exactly easy or rather it would not differ from the existing state it already occurs.

Yet, for myself, there would be more risk posting with my hauling/Indy alt. If I drew attention to that character, working around war devs and such would be a pain. I doubt I am alone in this regard either. This is why I always found the claim of "post with your main" to be dubious. Yes for some the main represents the most risk, yet for many it really is no where near as risky as posting with their alts. Now granted, a forum alt is different in that it may truly exist only to post. Still, I think there should be some reminder that posting with a main is not always to most risky choice for many.
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#20 - 2016-10-20 13:38:03 UTC
TackyTachy1 wrote:
How many of us actually fly the forum alts? This one doesn't do much, mostly flies a Pilgrim and does a little scouting when I do not want multiple units from the same corp all piled in together or when I want to do a little fun ratting. There are long range plans for this character but it's a long grind to where I want to be and exacerbating the situation is my new found determination to not use extended training queues, makes things a bit more challenging plus saves me a few bucks/pounds/lira/marks/drachma etc. (Last time I was in Europe was way pre-Euro days.)

I wander fairly far but mostly I'm in Placid or Verge Vendor unless I'm chasing a bargain deep into racial home space, think battle cruiser or the like. Just never have noticed a frequent poster, and I was wondering...

But my main is my alt and my alt is also my main so I don't know what you're talking about.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

123Next page