These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Attribute booster from Crimson Harvest event

Author
Melionas
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-10-19 13:50:46 UTC
I used one of the attribute boosters from this event yesterday but didn't notice any change to my training times.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Yurica
Happyness Realization Party
#2 - 2016-10-19 14:27:28 UTC
Only the skills that train in the next 24 hours are changed, did you look at these?
Melionas
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-10-19 15:48:23 UTC
Yurica wrote:
Only the skills that train in the next 24 hours are changed, did you look at these?

The skill in queue is a 21 day train. The 21 days didn't change , I thought it would say 10-11 days or what not.

Thanks
Khanid Voltar
#4 - 2016-10-20 16:42:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanid Voltar
Melionas wrote:
Yurica wrote:

The skill in queue is a 21 day train. The 21 days didn't change , I thought it would say 10-11 days or what not.

Thanks

The booster only lasts 24-48 hours (depending on what level biology is trained to). Assuming you are on an optimal remap and have the appropriate +5's this equates to approx 8 hours quicker per 24 hour period.

So if your 21 day skill was say 21 days 17 hours, and you have biology to zero then after the booster is applied your skill training time would be 21 days and 9 hours, whereas if you have biology to 5 it would drop to 21 days and 1 hour remaining.

However if you make sure your character has a booster in for the entire period, you would save about 7 days overall. But the time remaining will never say that because you cannot queue the boosters in advance, only consume them when the previous one expires.

TL:DR The max you will ever see a skill training time go down by will be 8-16 hours using the standard accelerator and 9.6-19.2 hours using the advanced accelerator, per 1-2 day period of accelerator usage.
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#5 - 2016-10-20 17:27:13 UTC
Also watch out for expired Blood Raiders cerebral accelerators left over from last year if you are purchasing from market or contract.