These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Purpose of highsec wars?

First post
Author
Jedi Xenogen
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-10-09 09:36:23 UTC
I'm just thinking how much better this game would be if CCP took wars out of highsec.

If you want to pvp join faction warfare or go live in null or brave lowsec.

Highsec should be a hassle free pve area where people can roam around and enjoy the game, and not have to take a week off cause some huge merc corp want some easy ganks on low level players that haven't got the hang of pvp yet or our community of peaceful miners.

So, I call for a change, take wars out of highsec. I know this makes wars redundant, but I don't care, I think they are making people quit the game, and I don't want this game to die slowly, I want to see it grow.

Yea or nay? Anyone got anything to add?

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#2 - 2016-10-09 09:43:49 UTC
Removing gameplay doesn't improve the game.
Jedi Xenogen
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-10-09 09:47:12 UTC
Its detrimental and a useless part of the game, your statement is general and not helpful at all.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#4 - 2016-10-09 09:49:04 UTC
Jedi Xenogen wrote:
Its detrimental and a useless part of the game, your statement is general and not helpful at all.

its not useless otherwise you wouldnt be complaining to remove them, you are clearly affected by them so why not move yourself somewhere else?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#5 - 2016-10-09 09:50:53 UTC
Jedi Xenogen wrote:

If it was useless people would not be using it and you would not be complaining about it being used.

Your argument is contradicting itself.
Jedi Xenogen
Doomheim
#6 - 2016-10-09 09:53:55 UTC
Well, there is no where to go except null which isn't much of an option for some people.
Jedi Xenogen
Doomheim
#7 - 2016-10-09 09:57:52 UTC
I can understand pvp in null because there is territory to capture and defend and thats great, its fun, there is ZERO fun in highsec pvp in my experience and I'm sure ALOT of people agree.
Lan Wang
#8 - 2016-10-09 09:59:05 UTC
ofcourse, highsec and null is the only 2 places in eve

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Jedi Xenogen
Doomheim
#9 - 2016-10-09 10:01:35 UTC
Name the rest then? Ill give you a special button you can put on your shirt saying "I know everything". I'm sure you will wear it proudly.
Anasta Tahyan
Doomheim
#10 - 2016-10-09 10:02:35 UTC
Jedi Xenogen wrote:
I'm just thinking how much better this game would be if CCP took wars out of highsec.

Highsec should be a hassle free pve area where people can roam around and enjoy the game, and not have to take a week off cause some huge merc corp want some easy ganks on low level players that haven't got the hang of pvp yet or our community of peaceful miners.

So, I call for a change, take wars out of highsec. I know this makes wars redundant, but I don't care, I think they are making people quit the game, and I don't want this game to die slowly, I want to see it grow.

I would recommend relocating your operation if you find your Corp under attack. Contrary to popular belief amongst newbies a new Corp would probably be better of if they stay out of the heavily populated High-Sec areas and instead made a temporary move to a backwater system or perhaps move to Low/Null/Wormhole-space for a while.

Also it could be a good idea to look at what other war targets the agressors have and perhaps make a pact with them to concentrate forces and give them a lesson. Many Corps who declare wars in High-Sec have several wars going on at the same time and they will go after the softer targets first to minimize their own losses.
Lan Wang
#11 - 2016-10-09 10:05:58 UTC
Jedi Xenogen wrote:
Name the rest then? Ill give you a special button you can put on your shirt saying "I know everything". I'm sure you will wear it proudly.

loswec, nullsec, sov null, npc null, wormholes, thera, you clearly dont even know that basic part of the game

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#12 - 2016-10-09 10:06:38 UTC
Jedi Xenogen wrote:
I can understand pvp in null because there is territory to capture and defend and thats great, its fun, there is ZERO fun in highsec pvp in my experience and I'm sure ALOT of people agree.

I imagine the people actually doing the highsec PVP disagree, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.
Jedi Xenogen
Doomheim
#13 - 2016-10-09 10:11:59 UTC
You earnt that badge baby, gee you even included thera, the different parts of null, WHs, I mean do you know the different types of WHs even?
Jedi Xenogen
Doomheim
#14 - 2016-10-09 10:14:06 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
I imagine the people actually doing the highsec PVP disagree, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

They are trolls through and through, I don't think they have a nice bone in their body. Maybe it was beaten out of them when they were children.
Mortlake
Somalian Coast Guard Authority
#15 - 2016-10-09 10:21:16 UTC
Jedi Xenogen wrote:
I'm just thinking...

Thinking is bad. Stop it immediately.

Sometimes you hit the bar and sometimes the bar hits you...

Jedi Xenogen
Doomheim
#16 - 2016-10-09 10:23:31 UTC
Mortlake wrote:
Thinking is bad. Stop it immediately.

Your joking right?
Wander Prian
Nosferatu Security Foundation
#17 - 2016-10-09 10:25:42 UTC
Jedi Xenogen wrote:

I'd like to point you to the 8 golden rules of Eve: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=491023&find=unread

"Consent to PvP

* You consent to PvP when you click "undock".
* You are not safe in 1.0 security space. CONCORD is there to punish, not to protect. Get used to the idea.
* In most cases, the only way to be 100% safe from aggression inside the game is to be docked in a station. Being cloaked in a secret safespot could work too. "

Eve is a PVP-game. There is no security rating that is safe, only something that is safer. Removing PVP from highsec would go against the foundations of Eve. This is a cruel world, where you are always fighting with other people over something. Your actions are supposed to have consequences, other people are supposed to be able to affect your game. It's the whole point of a sandbox that is build around the idea of PVP.

Wormholer for life.

Anasta Tahyan
Doomheim
#18 - 2016-10-09 10:26:37 UTC
Jedi Xenogen wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

They are trolls through and through, I don't think they have a nice bone in their body. Maybe it was beaten out of them when they were children.

Since CCP:s own studies shows that players who participate in PvP (voluntarily or not) in their early days of EVE stays in the game one could argue that these 'trolls' actually perform a great service to EVE when looking at player retention.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#19 - 2016-10-09 10:32:25 UTC
Jedi Xenogen wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

People who PvP in a game built around PvP are bad people... I guess you also think guns should be banned from all call of duty games too.

The only bad people here are the ones who demand the playstyles and content of others (and themselves) removed from a game for no good reason.
Jedi Xenogen
Doomheim
#20 - 2016-10-09 10:36:59 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

People who PvP in a game built around PvP are bad people... I guess you also think guns should be banned from all call of duty games too.

The only bad people here are the ones who demand the playstyles and content of others (and themselves) removed from a game for no good reason.

Hmm, I think your right, maybe I'm just trying to push my point of view.
But, I stand by my opinion that the game could be a bit more newbie friendly.
12Next page