These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Erika Mizune (aka Yumene) Running for CSM XII ~

First post
Author
Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#1 - 2016-10-05 07:15:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Erika Mizune
***Introduction***

Greetings! I am pleased to say once again that I am going to be putting my name in the hat for the upcoming CSM elections, CSM 12! It's still a bit early, so this thread will more than likely change as new updates and devblogs come out, but I wanted to get out there early and open myself up for questions, conversation, and pretty much anything!

This is my 3rd year running, but for those who may not know me, let me go ahead and introduce myself! I have been playing Eve since 2011 (minus the one failed account in 2010 ... *close out tutorial* - *undocks* - *promptly gets killed by a rat and quits*). I found out about Eve from Eve Radio and from there other players and staff members helped me get the hang of things and from there I think the rest is history. I was hooked, it was unlike any other game that I have played and I just love it.

Being a active member of the community is something that I am proud of and because of it, I have gotten to meet so many amazing people and it really has become like a second family for me.

A couple of things about me ...

Community Highlights
  • DJ and Station Managment at Eve Radio (DJ Yumene)
  • CEO of Eve Radio Alliance
  • Regular Organizer of Eve Radio Mining Operations
  • Owner of 'Sounds Of New Eden' Fansite
  • Broadcast4Reps Volunteer Moderator/Staff
  • Tweetfleet Slack Community Moderator

Ingame Highlights
  • The Soul Society Industrial and Logistics Director
  • Logistics Owner/Operator for Army of New Eden & Phoenix Federation Coalition
  • Former DeepSpace Alliance Leadership / Sov Manager
  • Former DeepSpace Alliance Logistics Director
  • Former Logistics Operator/Owner for The Methodical Alliance & GoTG Coalition

I am a big supporter of player events and communities and have always been an active member myself. One of which I have been with since 2010, Eve Radio/Gaming Radio Network, where I have served (and currently) as a manager alongside DJ Accy since 2014. I have also together with Accy, regularly since 2014 organized and participated in every 24hr Eve Radio Mining Operation and are coming close to the 10th operation. In addition to these fleets, I have also been a regular member to Spectre Fleets for well over a year, a NPSI community, among others.

Ingame, I am overall a industrial focused player living in nul-sec sov. I am a miner, manufacturer, logistics pilot, and pretty much anything in between. I so like to say I have done a little bit of 'almost' everything as I have tried my share of different aspects of the game as well; from being a pirate, faction warfare, exploration, mission running, and small gang/large fleet PvP.

So this brings me here once again, asking for your support by placing your vote for me in the upcoming CSM 12 elections in 2017! I still have the passion and drive to wanting to give back to the community and help get our voices out there to CCP.

CSM 11, I was 'very' close to getting a spot on the current CSM, coming in at 15! I am still honored at the amount of support that I got and I hope that I can count on your support again this year again!

***Industrial Focus***

The industrial side of the game still seems to be the more under-appreciated. However I can't say that it isn't getting love, specifically with the number of changes and features that are going to be introduced - a strong industrial candidate is needed to get our voice out there - where past CSM have lacked.

The current CSM has done a great job this term and have had a major role in industry changes - but with that said, I feel that with everything still going on and happening and the future plans that have been announced a stronger industry presence would be very beneficial and needed.

***Ideas and Thoughts***

Some of my thoughts and ideas here. There will be a few that I mention here that I also talked about in my thread from last year, however it's something that hasn't really been addressed either.

Planetary Interaction: PI is always going to be one of those things I feel is going to be brought up a bit I feel. I don't remember the last time that PI got any major overhaul, if ever. While it is a mostly passive task, it is still a painful one at that - specifically with all the damn clicking you have to do - and forbid you make a mistake and have to redo everything one by one. Here are some of my ideas:

- (1) Factory Plans/Templates: This would be a way to knock down the amount of clicking you have to do to set up your factories where you could essentially save a pre-set plan to lay them down.
- (2) 'Move' Button: A simple move button that will allow you to simply move a structure around instead of having to decommission and then set it back up all over again.
- (3) 3D Factory 'Pop-Up': Possibly shrink/remove this. Annoying to have your factories side by side and the 3D pop-up gets in the way of you trying to click the next one.
- (4) Resources/Links: Create a possible button where after you set up links that will route the selected resource to all target factories that use that resource. Instead of having to do it one by one. (Example: Extractors set up to gather 'Base Metals' and routed to go to a storage facility. Select on the storage facility and select the base metals that are incoming, then on the bottom have a button called "Route All" which when clicked will create routes that go to all factories that has a schematic loaded requiring that resource - BOOM! One Click!).

Industrial Notification Love: Nearly everything in Eve has notifications, but why no industrial notification love? Indy job ready and needs to be delivered? No notice! PI extractors time runs out? No notification! Moon silo's getting full? No notifications! Where is the indy notification love?

Former DJ & Manager of Eve Radio | Blog | Sounds of New Eden | Twitch | Twitter

Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#2 - 2016-10-05 07:15:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Erika Mizune
***Accessibility***

This is a topic that is pretty strong with me; the topic of accessibility. Eve is great in terms of accessibility, however there can of course be way for this to be improved for more players. We have players with all walks of life and players who face different challenges than normal. Players with disabilities are more of a minority however, they should still be represented and have a voice.

There are a lot of options that CCP already has to help also, tools that were once in the game. Eve is very accessible for the most part already, however there are little things that can still be improved in this area and also it is very beneficial to have someone who can give a voice to those who rely on options for accessibility.

Some 'Little Things'
- More UI rescalling options
- More Text Size options
- Bring font icons back to the main chat windows and not hidden in the settings
- More color options (ie: being able to change the red sphere color in the scanning UI for colorblind players)
- More visual options for hearing impared (see below)
- Make UI transparency optional, not forced when you first load up the game.

For myself, I am hard of hearing (completely deaf on right ear, left ear is so-so). There isn't really anything that CCP can do about voice communications always being preferred, however, it would be nice to have more options for those who do rely on more visuals (ie: better and updated fleet interface with more visual options - possible fleet broadcast 'tabs'? Or how about a visual for when you're getting shot at like red borders?).

Obviously this is one area and there are bits (as I put below) where you can also help in other areas of accessibility.

Basic Video Game Accessibility Strategies wrote:
Hearing impairment and visual impairment
  • Enhance stimuli: for example, high contrast color scheme, increased font size, color blind friendly color scheme and zoom options.
  • Replace stimuli: for example, subtitles or closed captioning, audio cues, sonification, speech synthesis or haptic cues.

Motor impairments
  • Replace input: for example, support for direct voice input or a brain-computer interface.
  • Reduce input: for example, switch access scanning and remove or automate inputs.

Cognitive impairment
  • Reduce stimuli: for example, limit the number of game objects, or simply the storyline.
  • Reduce time constraints: for example, slow down the game.
  • Reduce input: for example, remove or automate inputs that needs to be provided.

***Industrial/Non-Industrial “Little Things” (W/ Revisits)***

- Blueprint Invention: Bringing back the invention section on blueprint information without having to go to the copy tab and then click invention. Would make it very much easier and user friendly.

- Courier Contracts: Ability to see if there is a cargo can inside of a contract. Not able to see what's inside the cans, just to show if there is one or not. Also add commas on the contract sizes!

- Cyno/Seige Timers: A timer on the top left (where all other timers go) that shows the time left on a cycle (ie: generators/industrial core). This is for convenience, and we have timers for pretty much everything else.

- Comet Mining: Not really a 'little' thing, but I have to make a note to put this in here somewhere. Please?

- Mobile Tractor Units: New option to launch for corp would be nice.

Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#3 - 2016-10-05 07:16:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Erika Mizune
***Links & Contact Information***

In-Game: Erika Mizune
Ingame Channel: "Erika4CSM"
E-Mail: djyumene@gmail.com

Discord: My Server (Yumene/Erika Mizune#3924)
Twitch: djyumene
Twitter: @djyumene
Blog: Ramblings of an Industralist
CSM Wire: My Page

EveWho: Erika Mizune (Main), DJ Yumene (Eve Radio), Kagami Kimura (PvP), Yumene (Exploration)
Note: In addition to Erika, I have also listed some of my various alts that I play on.

***Interviews / Q&A***

- The Mind Clash Podcast #21
- Talking In Stations (To be Released Soon)
- Statecraft Debates (Upcoming)

Forum Posts:
- The Judge [Q] [A]
- Rosewalker: [Q] [A]
- Emmaline Fera: [Q] [A]

DJ puar
Covert Economics
#4 - 2016-10-06 21:41:20 UTC
You had me at eve radio.
You lost me at messing with PI.
After/during world war bee & citadels there was a few months where you could make 10 bil isk a month with 2 accounts doing PI. PI I is a good income for click nerds if we make it too easy these spikes of billions a month will no longer exists.
Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#5 - 2016-10-08 05:38:36 UTC
DJ puar wrote:
You had me at eve radio.
You lost me at messing with PI.
After/during world war bee & citadels there was a few months where you could make 10 bil isk a month with 2 accounts doing PI. PI I is a good income for click nerds if we make it too easy these spikes of billions a month will no longer exists.

PI is a good income, but it's still something that does need a major overhaul. Even when the changes I had proposed, there is still going to be a ton of clicking. I also don't feel that a few changes will change the income rates either.

Right now: You have 4-5 click to make just to set up a initial resource route, not to mention all the clicks to set up links and set up everything (buildings, schematics, ect). You are looking at around 2,000 and upwards to 10,000 clicks per account overall with the current system depending on what you are doing.

What I proposed won't be able to get rid of all the clicking, I don't think anything can. PI will, I feel, always will be the click-fest that it is. With that said tho, PI is also one of the areas that has been pretty much untouched for years, and it really is time for a overhaul - Time to upgrade!

The Judge
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2016-10-08 12:07:56 UTC  |  Edited by: The Judge
I'm glad you're running again, but I have a few questions and comments.

My first question is this; what do you think the function of the CSM is, and what do you think it should be?

If you had to call one thing your platform, what would it be?

Erika Mizune wrote:

The industrial side of the game still seems to be the more under-appreciated. However I can't say that it isn't getting love, specifically with the number of changes and features that are going to be introduced - I feel that a strong industrial candidate is needed to get our voice out there - where the current CSM members are lacking and has been for the past couple terms.

With Steve Ronuken (Fuzzysteve) on the CSM, and a number of other CSM's on CSMXI that are very heavy into mining and production in all areas of space, are you saying that industry doesn't have a voice? I would strongly disagree. In all honesty I disagree with candidates when part of their platform is "insinuate a portion of the playerbase aren't represented", even more so in situations where I think they are currently very adequately represented. I'm much more interested in what makes a candidate feel they are the representation people need rather than the back and forth of "well I'm better than that other guy".

With the introduction of engineering platforms for example, I can see why having a number of industrial focused CSM's would be a bonus, but for someone who doesn't know you, what makes you special in this field? What do you produce? Where do you do it? Do you feel you can represent the higher end industrial players (capital, super, titan)?

Hopefully I don't come off as over critical as I'm not trying to be... you just happen to be first cat off the rank. I will be grilling most candidates to see what their motivations are. :)

CSM XII Member and CSM XI Permanent Attendee

Diplomat for Circle-Of-Two

@_TheJudge on Twitter

thejudge@csm.eve.com

Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#7 - 2016-10-08 15:20:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Erika Mizune
Hey Judge! Thank you!

I do plan to keep at it and keep running until I can finally represent the community, and possibly for further terms. I don't give up easily that's for sure. I want to bring up your last point asking what my motivation is. It may sound cheesy, but Eve as a whole has helped me more than I can say. From when I first started with Eve Radio, my corp, my alliance, and the community as a whole. I have grown so much since I gotten to meet people and develop relationships - both online and in real life. Because of the people I have come across, I have been able to open up more than I have ever done before - I have also been to Eve Vegas 3 times and that's a lot for me since I suffer from severe social anxiety where I have trouble even leaving the house. I really do love the Eve community. <3

Being able to have the opportunity to do something like this for the community would mean so much to me and it would be a way for me to 'give back' in a way. It's much deeper for me.

So I wanted to say that piece first and get that out there.

As for the question on the CSM: Elected by the community to represent their interests. Primary function - It is a way for CCP to directly communicate with players for feedback on changes/updates/additions/ect and also feedback and ideas from the community to CCP. I think that's a simple enough explanation and I'm not sure how it can be different than it already is. Seems to be also doing better this term compared to past terms - especially last year with many rumors going around that there may not be any more CSM terms because of broken trust. So that's refreshing to see. But I would like to see more promotion on what the CSM is and that it's there. I remember last season approaching people, both new and older players who didn't even know about the voting season, let alone even knowing what the CSM is.

I also understand that Steve for one is also a industry player, and I love Steve, he's incredible! But he's also focused on high-sec rather than my area, which is nul-sec. The others may have done industry/mining, but if I can recall it's not their main area. Tho even with that said, I want to say that the current CSM have done great, don't get me wrong at all, on representing industrialists as well.

Industry is about 95% of what I do (I have to leave the %5 open for the other stuff I do of course - pvp/pve ratting/ect). I agree 100% that this next term with all the industry features and changes coming that having strong industrial candidates will be a major bonus and even more needed.

If I could call to one thing for my platform ... I know I'm crazy and it most likely out of reach - Comet Mining! It's a topic that's been out there for a while and I have a habit of bringing it up at pretty much all my campaigns so far, and you gave me the perfect opportunity to do so again! Thank you! Big smile (See: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=331766 )

Within my corp, I am one of the industry directors and we run one of the main Capital production services for the alliance, and yes, I do help with this. We have built ... off the top of my head, 3 titans, and I believe almost 10 supers. The only thing I haven't done in that part is actually pushing the button to start the titan builds (which I am actually training for now! I will be able to do this in 20 days! I have been sitting on level 4 for ages because capital ship production 5 is a pain in the butt - I WILL PUSH THAT BUTTON!) - so in answer to your question as to being able to represent the higher end industrial players - yes, I do feel I will be able to represent the higher end indy players.

As for where? Well, I can't really give that out - I'm sure you know why Blink

Bishop Lucas Bishop
Solar Flare Radio
#8 - 2016-10-19 19:11:53 UTC
Glad to see some one on the EVE radio team running
Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#9 - 2016-10-23 11:27:10 UTC
Bishop Lucas Bishop wrote:
Glad to see some one on the EVE radio team running

Thank you! Glad to have the support! Big smile

DJ puar
Covert Economics
#10 - 2016-11-08 20:20:17 UTC
Keep up the outreach if no one else is prepping you should win
Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#11 - 2016-11-11 13:35:56 UTC
I will be :) Thanks for the support!

Rapid Blue
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2016-12-22 11:50:47 UTC
Are you an alt of Pants?
Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#13 - 2016-12-31 13:30:37 UTC
Rapid Blue wrote:
Are you an alt of Pants?

Pants? Not sure I understand.

I am me!

Tovanis
Misfits Yacht Club
Apocalypse Now.
#14 - 2017-01-04 09:39:22 UTC
The Space Princess stands with you and supports you!
Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#15 - 2017-01-07 05:26:16 UTC
Tovanis wrote:
The Space Princess stands with you and supports you!

Thank you so much <3

Twistedfiend
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2017-01-21 01:54:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Twistedfiend
I've known Erika for nearly 4 years now and she's always been a valuable member of our command/logistics structure no matter where we have called home. She's been a dedicated friend and colleague and it was a blast meeting her and getting to know her better this past October at EVE Vegas, where she functioned a reporter of sorts, live-tweeting whatever panel she had chosen to sit in on.

10/10 would vote for Erika Mizune.
Elient Midgard
Shishido Gumi
#17 - 2017-01-21 02:20:57 UTC
Erika Mizune/DJYumene, helping make EVE great again!

I absolutely agree that the PI stuff does need an overhaul. Not an unbalance or overbalance, just an overhaul. The PI UI system sucks, decommissioning sucks, and there hasn't been anything NEW in years.
Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#18 - 2017-01-22 03:29:50 UTC
Twistedfiend wrote:
I've known Erika for nearly 4 years now and she's always been a valuable member of our command/logistics structure no matter where we have called home. She's been a dedicated friend and colleague and it was a blast meeting her and getting to know her better this past October at EVE Vegas, where she functioned a reporter of sorts, live-tweeting whatever panel she had chosen to sit in on.

10/10 would vote for Erika Mizune.

Thank you so much <3 It was of course great to meet you as well, and hope you come to vegas again this year! :D

Erika Mizune
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#19 - 2017-01-22 03:33:07 UTC
Elient Midgard wrote:
Erika Mizune/DJYumene, helping make EVE great again!

I absolutely agree that the PI stuff does need an overhaul. Not an unbalance or overbalance, just an overhaul. The PI UI system sucks, decommissioning sucks, and there hasn't been anything NEW in years.

PI does need a major overhaul, yes! It really has been years since anything was really done with PI.

Thank you for the support! <3

Emmaline Fera
Interstellar Expeditionary Group
#20 - 2017-01-23 04:31:53 UTC
Erika is a class act: thoughtful, considerate, and incredibly knowledgeable with regard to industry.

You have my support!
123Next pageLast page