These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Is there a feature yet to customize local chat

Author
Piugattuk
Lone Star Warriors
Evictus.
#1 - 2016-10-03 05:23:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Piugattuk
Or more like to make an area like local chat (only you won't be chatting), to watch those in local of those that are in your bad list, I know we can see those we put on our standings list as marked with their rate but what I'm hoping to do is just keep an eye out for certain folk without having to scroll up and down in local chat because some systems have like 50+ folk and I am only looking out for reds and orange, nuets are no problem.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#2 - 2016-10-03 06:34:05 UTC
I suggested this and what we got was the compact members list. I think this will be the best you will get out of CCP as what you are suggesting is WAY to powerful an intel tool.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Piugattuk
Lone Star Warriors
Evictus.
#3 - 2016-10-03 08:38:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Piugattuk
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
I suggested this and what we got was the compact members list. I think this will be the best you will get out of CCP as what you are suggesting is WAY to powerful an intel tool.

Hmmm, I run around a lot and see people who are doing bad things to residents of a system and have begun to track their movements including gate campers who "hangout" at the same gates day in and day out 23 hrs a day it seems.

But I jumped into one system only to bump into a swarm of goons (literally goonswarm), in a bunch of thrashers, had I had a way to clear out the noise I would have noticed those goons, lucky for me they were more interested in something else, it was like jumping into a null system and the gate being camped by reds, that way of filtering would have been helpful.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#4 - 2016-10-03 08:46:21 UTC
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#5 - 2016-10-03 13:54:57 UTC
no, local is already too powerful of an intel tool. If anything we need to get rid of local, not add to it
Piugattuk
Lone Star Warriors
Evictus.
#6 - 2016-10-03 14:35:28 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
no, local is already too powerful of an intel tool. If anything we need to get rid of local, not add to it

The goat says, nahhhhh.
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#7 - 2016-10-03 15:06:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
I agree. Even with a compact list and full screen height chat, for systems like Jita, Amarr and others at times, the sole ordering by alphabet still requires scrolling, when mostly your only really interested in a fraction of the characters in local.

Local chat already highlights characters by standing, war target, criminal, suspect, etc.

Some ability to order the list by those things would be helpful.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#8 - 2016-10-03 15:07:36 UTC
Lasisha Mishi
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2016-10-03 16:27:34 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:

or narrow local

to just those within 10,000km of you. (proximity sensor)
instead of system wide =)

oh god imagine what this would do to jita (actually....probably not much....)
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#10 - 2016-10-04 07:21:40 UTC
Lasisha Mishi wrote:
Sonya Corvinus wrote:

or narrow local

^This.

Maybe give local the same treatment as links? Maybe disable "show info" on characters or standings or even name until on grid?

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Memphis Baas
#11 - 2016-10-04 12:24:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Memphis Baas
They WILL get rid of local, soon. They keep saying they'll do it.

EDIT: Which pretty much means you have to live with it the way it is. Yeah it's annoying to have to expand that list and it takes too much screen space with the chat areas around the list, but the Local list wasn't intended as a source of information. So keep complaining and they'll remove it completely.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#12 - 2016-10-04 13:46:15 UTC
Lasisha Mishi wrote:
Sonya Corvinus wrote:

or narrow local

I'd be OK with that. Or even local is gained through a deployed module that can be destroyed/taken offline