These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

[HORDE] Declaration of War

Author
Karina Ivanovich
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#1 - 2016-09-26 02:58:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Karina Ivanovich
Today in a brief statement Gobbins, the leader of Pandemic Horde Inc, Horde declared war on the Capsuleer group Co2.

In his statement Gobbins made it clear that Co2 is "a fantastic group of guys...[and]...great neigbors." He emphasised that it is not a war of hatred or of retribution.

That is all I can say at this point due to operational security.

Reporting today for TL;DR is Karina Ivanovich.

Update: I have been cleared to say that the War Declaration on Co2 is one of territorial aquasition. Exact locations to stay undisclosed. It is also at least partially to expand current HORDE operations against the Gurista's Pirate Group. Horde has shifted it's focus from Serpentis operatives after rumors of peace talks have started to spread. The Gurista's are "still quite a problem for many new capsuleers and the civilians living in Horde space." Says an unidentified Pandemic HORDE Director.

Some call me insane. If the universe is sane, then I embrace that label.

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#2 - 2016-09-26 03:36:25 UTC
Good luck with your war, I'm sure there's some reason...... Valid or otherwise.
Alizabeth Vea
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-09-26 05:13:44 UTC
I can't think of a better group of people to kill than Co2.

Retainer of Lady Newelle and House Sarum.

"Those who step into the light shall be redeemed, the sins of their past cleansed, so that they may know salvation." -Empress Jamyl Sarum I

Virtue. Valor. Victory.

Yarosara Ruil
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2016-09-26 06:21:05 UTC
Grr Horde. Hat Horde.
Morgan Wulver
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#5 - 2016-09-26 06:44:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Morgan Wulver
Let me get this right. You just launched a war for territorial acquisition, unprovoked, but you'd like to assure the international and capsuleer community that Co2 are a group of great neighbors... and overall great people.

I mean, I don't doubt that but would that make you and the rest of Horde the proverbial bad neighbors in this? Have you considered, even for a moment, that you lot might be the baddies in this situation?

I agree with Ruil, these we should have broken up these hordlings when they were a pissant coalition of troglodytes and rejects.

Hat horde.

Kirjuun! Uakan! Teknikiara! Kanpai kameitsamuu! Ra ra ra!

Skyweir Kinnison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2016-09-26 08:06:09 UTC
Morgan Wulver wrote:
Have you considered, even for a moment, that you lot might be the baddies in this situation?

I'm sure that you understand the truism that the 'baddies' are always one's opponents. Everyone is the baddie to someone.

Since the Pax Imperium that held sway in the North was shattered, war has been constant in this part of null security space. This is generally a good thing, in my view, for it keeps significant numbers of capsuleers busy, far away from the Empires where they might otherwise make mischief. Capsuleers were created for war, and training new pilots to practise their art effectively far away from the major civilian populations is both desirable, and efficient.

For the Horde as an alliance, this is also a wise step, not least because too many were becoming fat and lazy. There are valid strategic reasons too, of course, but it's clear from my studies of the group that they are primarily a nomadic corporation, and prolonged stasis brings the worst sort of lethargy.

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Morgan Wulver
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#7 - 2016-09-26 08:23:26 UTC
That sounds like the incredibly weak justification of a wannabe cartoon villain, honestly. Face it, you have no casus belli in this situation other than you want something that someone else has and you can't keep your squabbling band of clods together unless you give them a war to fight.

Relative to other alliances that have actually tried to make something of their efforts like CVA or the Imperium, Pandemic Horde is a joke. Your alliance can't produce, it can't build a stable government, and it can't find any way to make itself relevant other than by senselessly attacking their neighbors in an effort to avoid coming to grips with the fact that none of you are fit for owning the space that you occupy. You're a band of daft savages that's only grown as large as it is because you offered a convenient organization for the warmongers and anarchists of the cluster to join in on the war against the Imperium without actually having a personal stake in the outcome. Maybe you all served a purpose when the North needed to be liberated, but I think this act of aggression against your neighbors just proves that time is long past and it would be better off if the Horde was wiped off the map.

I for one wish Co2 the best of luck in surgically ramming a boot up your rear.

Kirjuun! Uakan! Teknikiara! Kanpai kameitsamuu! Ra ra ra!

Skyweir Kinnison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2016-09-26 08:43:10 UTC
My, my. Such bitterness.

I'll leave you be.

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Karina Ivanovich
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#9 - 2016-09-26 10:05:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Karina Ivanovich
Speaking entirely for myself and not for my corporation. Yes, we are the "bad guys" and I think it would be foolish to assume otherwise. This war is one of convenience for us, and yes we are nomadic. But at the end of the day Pandemic Horde lives and dies by the sword. We protect any that would call us family. And we care not for anyone else. Yet there is still value in acknowledging worthy allies, even when we turn them into worthy oponants.

Some call me insane. If the universe is sane, then I embrace that label.

Utari Onzo
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#10 - 2016-09-26 11:15:24 UTC
Personally, I just think that attitude, and your original announcement, makes you look condescending and untrustworthy.

Still, I couldn't give a fedo's lunch about what you guys get up to in the north, so, have at it? May the best band of dubious characters win?

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2016-09-26 15:26:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Arrendis
a)Acquisition. Aquasition would be some weird 'we're turning them into water' goal.

b)Pandemic Legion and Nothern Coalition. have already made clear this is a war of eviction to secure the prime access from Tribute to Jita, weaken TEST's position by depriving them of the only friend in the area dumb enough to try to get into a supercapital brawl with NC/PL, and basically just push Gigx's teeth in.

c)Gobbins' reasons are 'The Masters told me to'. Any claims that this is about pirate-hunting operations is purely a smokescreen.
Neph
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#12 - 2016-09-26 15:43:20 UTC
Ah, nullsec, where all the dirtside rumors about capsuleers are true.

~ Gariushi YC110 // Midular YC115 // Yanala YC115 ~

"Orte Jaitovalte sitasuyti ne obuetsa useuut ishu. Ketsiak ishiulyn." -Yakiya Tovil-Toba-taisoka

Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#13 - 2016-09-26 16:53:15 UTC
Yarosara Ruil wrote:
Hat Horde.

Well, you know what they say.

If you Want to Get Ahead, Get a Hat.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#14 - 2016-09-26 17:55:06 UTC
Null Capsuleers: making war because, lets face it, it's fun....

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.

John Revenent
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#15 - 2016-09-26 20:05:49 UTC
Meh.

Ishukone Loyalist - Private Contractor

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."

Jason Galente
Hole Punchers
#16 - 2016-09-26 21:06:21 UTC
The Admiral's first attempts at training the newest generation of murderous newbeans were met with.. marginal success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnL5kYz5k4w

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Jason Galente
Hole Punchers
#17 - 2016-09-26 22:16:21 UTC
Morgan Wulver wrote:
Let me get this right. You just launched a war for territorial acquisition, unprovoked, but you'd like to assure the international and capsuleer community that Co2 are a group of great neighbors... and overall great people.

I mean, I don't doubt that but would that make you and the rest of Horde the proverbial bad neighbors in this? Have you considered, even for a moment, that you lot might be the baddies in this situation?

I agree with Ruil, these we should have broken up these hordlings when they were a pissant coalition of troglodytes and rejects.

Hat horde.

So here's the thing with nullsec.. when someone says they have a good neighbor, it means they're able to consistently fight and kill that neighbor in interesting, Valhalla-worthy fights, and perhaps that the neighbor has honored some limited agreements.

We don't go shopping together and finish each others' sentences. CO2 were just circumstantial allies, we never had them set to blue nor did we have any sort of alliance in place.

As for the rationale of the war... from what I've seen, Horde is at the vanguard, and eager (and this has made morale very, very high, for Horde, and very, very low, for everyone else in PanFam, as we will surely along the way decloak blues and dictor our own fleets in), but by the way Gobbins' worded this, it would seem that PL and/or NC orchestrated the war, and Horde is joining in, in order to secure some territory and assist their allies.

This is Horde, everyone will know this in like 6 hours (edit: it's already released, took spais a whole 6 hours. Getting slow, fellas) regardless of whether I say it or not. Gobbins' stated reason for the war is the acquisition of nullsec space with a direct connection to empire space, within jump freighter distance of Jita (hugely important for cheaper/easier shipping logistics), and generally as a preparation for the expected passing of new legislation regarding the Alpha clones in November, which Horde expects to disproportionally benefit new capsuleer alliances, particularly those who are easy for these new capsuleers to reach. As it stands, 7RM is difficult to get to, too far from trade hubs, and just generally is not good space for newer pilots to learn basic piloting mechanics and get started in New Eden. Tribute works better for Horde's stated goals. Knowing Gobbins and the rest of PanFam, I'm sure they offered a relatively fair swapping of sov or other arrangement, and it must've been rejected. As such, Horde is taking direct action to ensure it is prepared for the Alpha clone and fully able to capitalize on its affect on human capital.

TL;DR: it's a nullsec war, it's happening because one or more sides believe they can get themselves into a better setup. Few, if any, nullsec entities have ever claimed to be led by selfless crusaders, and no large alliance is innocent of doing exactly what PanFam Coalition is doing now. This is nothing particularly unusual if you follow the goings-on of nullsec.

I'll close with the following. Horde is a warlike, semi-nomadic alliance, and it pretty much always has been. Morale was very low in Horde just a week ago, with the fleet taking to extremely boring tasks like clearing out pirates. The declaration of war has already made a huge difference on the espirit de corps; we don't like sitting dormant like this. Our own coalition is going to war against enemies that we know to give good fights, and some of you expect us to sit it out. How 'bout no? It's like telling an industrialist corporation not to accept dozens of rare BPOs. This is a core part of what we are, just as industrialists need blueprints to grow, we need something, or someone, to melee against, to train the newbeans to fight against. There is no "good guy bad guy" in nullsec war, that dichotomy is childish. It is entirely territorial and everyone is open about that. Everyone, for the most part, agrees to that when they come build an empire out here. Hell, the MBC members specifically wanted the cluster to return to smaller, more decentralized groups. Territorial disputes like these are the result of that. CO2 and TEST knew this would come eventually, whether it was us, GoG, Drone Walkers, Legion of Death, PBC, Mordu, Newbies, etc.

I doubt even they are as offended by this as some of you seem to be. Mr. Kinnison understands Horde well. We need a wall to ram, a foe to fight, and we've been asked to fight a foe most of us have wanted to fight seriously for a long, long time.

Best of luck to our respectable foes, and may the best coalition come out on top.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Ayallah
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2016-09-26 22:31:26 UTC
Morgan Wulver wrote:
. . . you have no casus belli in this situation other than you want something that someone else has
It is the oldest and most simple reason for war.

Goddess of the IGS

As strength goes.

Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#19 - 2016-09-26 22:34:10 UTC
Jason Galente wrote:

So here's the thing with nullsec.. when someone says they have a good neighbor, it means they're able to consistently fight and kill that neighbor in interesting, Valhalla-worthy fights, and perhaps that the neighbor has honored some limited agreements.

No, that's what you mean when you say you have a good neighbor.

Quote:

As for the rationale of the war... from what I've seen, Horde is at the vanguard, and eager (and this has made morale very, very high, for Horde, and very, very low, for everyone else in PanFam, as we will surely along the way decloak blues and dictor our own fleets in), but by the way Gobbins' worded this, it would seem that PL and/or NC orchestrated the war, and Horde is joining in, in order to secure some territory and assist their allies.

In fact, PL's already been fighting this war for some time, and Horde is being mobilized now because NC has 'deployed' all of half a dozen systems away from home to hit the other end of Tribute at the same time.

Quote:

Knowing Gobbins and the rest of PanFam, I'm sure they offered a relatively fair swapping of sov or other arrangement, and it must've been rejected.

Or, you know, they've already been pushing Gigx's teeth in for the last two to three months, and finally decided to evict him, exactly like everyone knew they'd do after SH1.

Quote:

TL;DR: it's a nullsec war, it's happening because one or more sides believe they can get themselves into a better setup. Few, if any, nullsec entities have ever claimed to be led by selfless crusaders, and no large alliance is innocent of doing exactly what PanFam Coalition is doing now. This is nothing particularly unusual if you follow the goings-on of nullsec.

Exactly right, but any benefit to Horde is an afterthought, not the motive.

Quote:
GoG

Likely will be next, as Sort Dragon continues to make his coalition weaker. I wouldn't be at all surprised if, by summer, Pandemic Horde and NCdot hold everything from Branch to Fade, and continue farming the MOA portions of Pure Blind, all while claiming they want 'smaller, more decentralized' groups in null.

Don't forget, NC/PL were the other half of the supposed 'blue donut', with over 40% of conquerable null held by Northern Associates at one time. Horde is just the latest tool.
Jason Galente
Hole Punchers
#20 - 2016-09-26 23:39:35 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if, by summer, Pandemic Horde and NCdot hold everything from Branch to Fade, and continue farming the MOA portions of Pure Blind, all while claiming they want 'smaller, more decentralized' groups in null.

Don't forget, NC/PL were the other half of the supposed 'blue donut', with over 40% of conquerable null held by Northern Associates at one time. Horde is just the latest tool.

This **** is getting very old.

You lost. And we did not turn into you. Get over it.

At any cost

123Next page