These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Ingame Channel #Public-Contracts (EVE's Ingame Job Board)

Author
Saria Dehmov
SuckerPunch Inc.
Valkyrie Alliance
#1 - 2016-09-24 01:11:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Saria Dehmov
For some time now I've wanted to startup a public job board for mercenary contracts, mostly due to necessity. I find myself involved in numerous different projects concurrently that I could not complete in person. As time has gone by I keep being asked to manage contracts for other groups so I'm taking what was a series of channels that I used to manage contracts for my own projects and bringing them into a public channel for the community. Anyone can put any job they would like into the list, just join the channel and read through the MOTD. I'll put updates on contracts in the replies.

Channel : #Public-Contracts

-Saria
Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#2 - 2016-09-24 07:57:11 UTC
What if they don't want it public?
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#3 - 2016-09-24 10:21:45 UTC
There is a merc channel for finding mercs for your contracts. I don't see your job board taking off as the guys doing the work aren't getting a chance to quote on these or explain their pricing. All but one of the jobs posted are joke price and no established merc would touch them.

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Saria Dehmov
SuckerPunch Inc.
Valkyrie Alliance
#4 - 2016-09-24 15:52:47 UTC
For folks that don't want it public, better off reaching out to Merc corporations directly. Though if you really want something done and your name not on it. I can manage merc contracts for a fee.
Saria Dehmov
SuckerPunch Inc.
Valkyrie Alliance
#5 - 2016-09-24 15:54:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Saria Dehmov
Added a contract:

Employer is looking for a spy capable of relaying internal communications of vendetta mercenary group. Payment is dependent on quality of intel. Contact : Saria Dehmov
Benson en Efnyssen
Celtic Anarchy
Dead Terrorists
#6 - 2016-09-24 21:16:21 UTC
Saria Dehmov wrote:
For folks that don't want it public, better off reaching out to Merc corporations directly. Though if you really want something done and your name not on it. I can manage merc contracts for a fee.


Pretty much what forum alts do on this board regularly. I don't know if you've been succesful so far but asking for a fee before it's established seems ambitious, moreso when the regulars of C&P are the mercs and wardec guys themselves, and where they is at least six or seven on the front page.

I'll join the channel and wish you luck though :).
Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#7 - 2016-09-24 21:57:09 UTC
Saria Dehmov wrote:
Added a contract:

Employer is looking for a spy capable of relaying internal communications of vendetta mercenary group. Payment is dependent on quality of intel. Contact : Saria Dehmov

I think you need a bit more practice in this. I wouldn't have relayed the name of the target, since now you made it a lot harder for that person to do their job.

Bad move...
Saria Dehmov
SuckerPunch Inc.
Valkyrie Alliance
#8 - 2016-09-25 02:55:24 UTC
What the client wanted, so it is what I posted.
Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#9 - 2016-09-25 06:18:29 UTC
Saria Dehmov wrote:
What the client wanted, so it is what I posted.

Gotcha, then the client needs more practice in setting up infiltrations. But of course you don't need an IQ test to play Eve.

Good luck to you then but I don't see it really working since they can just cut out the middleman (you) and save a fee.
Natural CloneKiller
Commonwealth Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#10 - 2016-09-25 06:44:26 UTC
We already have a merc channel for this.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#11 - 2016-09-25 07:03:28 UTC
Natural CloneKiller wrote:
We already have a merc channel for this.

It's not quite the same but imo it's actually better than this as clients and contractor get a chance to speak and agree on a price. This method skips that

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Saria Dehmov
SuckerPunch Inc.
Valkyrie Alliance
#12 - 2016-09-25 16:07:29 UTC
Four of the contracts got picked up yesterday!
Saria Dehmov
SuckerPunch Inc.
Valkyrie Alliance
#13 - 2016-09-25 16:22:11 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Natural CloneKiller wrote:
We already have a merc channel for this.

It's not quite the same but imo it's actually better than this as clients and contractor get a chance to speak and agree on a price. This method skips that


Kinda the point is to provide an alternative way, where the client sets a price and the merc groups can pick them up as they like. Two sides of the same coin.

Some of the frustration from the mercenary side is not knowing what is really available sometimes. As messaging folks on the forums / waiting for someone to say something in the merc contracts channel can be meager at times.

Merc groups can check the list and pick and choose as they please.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#14 - 2016-09-25 22:13:42 UTC
Saria Dehmov wrote:
What the client wanted, so it is what I posted.

i very much doubt the client wanted their intentions posted in the public forum
Saria Dehmov
SuckerPunch Inc.
Valkyrie Alliance
#15 - 2016-09-26 00:33:00 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Saria Dehmov wrote:
What the client wanted, so it is what I posted.

i very much doubt the client wanted their intentions posted in the public forum


Anyone can put anything on the job board. Thankfully though in this case client got what they were looking for already :).
Natural CloneKiller
Commonwealth Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#16 - 2016-09-26 05:33:31 UTC
Saria Dehmov wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Natural CloneKiller wrote:
We already have a merc channel for this.

It's not quite the same but imo it's actually better than this as clients and contractor get a chance to speak and agree on a price. This method skips that


Kinda the point is to provide an alternative way, where the client sets a price and the merc groups can pick them up as they like. Two sides of the same coin.

Some of the frustration from the mercenary side is not knowing what is really available sometimes. As messaging folks on the forums / waiting for someone to say something in the merc contracts channel can be meager at times.

Merc groups can check the list and pick and choose as they please.

This has been done before as it did not work.

Fake contracts. Troll contracts and clients not wanting to show their info. Also mercs don't like it. For example if we go merc vs merc this is great intel for us.

Use the merc channel already set up.

N
magic preacher
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#17 - 2016-09-27 08:49:22 UTC
Morgan Agrivar wrote:
Saria Dehmov wrote:
Added a contract:

Employer is looking for a spy capable of relaying internal communications of vendetta mercenary group. Payment is dependent on quality of intel. Contact : Saria Dehmov

I think you need a bit more practice in this. I wouldn't have relayed the name of the target, since now you made it a lot harder for that person to do their job.

Bad move...


How much is this contract worth?
I can take this
Contact me in game
They will never suspect me


M <<<<< Name withheld for secrecy
Saria Dehmov
SuckerPunch Inc.
Valkyrie Alliance
#18 - 2016-09-27 23:53:09 UTC
All but one of the original contracts taken out of the starting 6. Looking for more contracts for the board.
Saria Dehmov
SuckerPunch Inc.
Valkyrie Alliance
#19 - 2016-10-01 01:50:11 UTC
Updated contracts on the board :) . 30B for a c6 eviction contract is back on the board. New contract for billboard adds up as well.
Saria Dehmov
SuckerPunch Inc.
Valkyrie Alliance
#20 - 2016-10-16 17:56:22 UTC
Updated board contracts. One eviction contract and one citadel contracts are new.
12Next page