These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

CSM XI - Fall Summit 2016 Preperations

First post
Author
The Judge
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2016-08-14 13:59:02 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Guard
Greetings capsuleers!

Please enjoy this brief summary of the current CSM lead projects being run in lead up to the Fall Summit. This summary doesn't include anything covered by NDA or any projects started by CCP themselves that the CSM have been/are involved in, so please manage expectations accordingly.


Nullsec Content Creators Focus Group
Comprised of primarily nullsec FC's and alliance leaders, spearheaded by The Judge and Jin'taan, the Nullsec Content Creators Focus Group is designed to bring as many high level nullsec personalities together to focus on one common goal; pinpointing the core barriers to gameplay currently experienced in null security space and to further condense these opinions for the CSM to use as points of reference at the Fall Summit at CCP's HQ in Reykjavik. At present there are at least 20 different players from all over EVE who have expressed their interest in being involved in this focus group, with the possibility for that number to grow as the weeks go on in the lead up to the Fall Summit. CSM members will be moderating this focus group but won't be actively participating in the discussion themselves (to prevent any tainting of opinions).


Wormholers Town Hall
Spearheaded by Noobman and moderated by Bobmon, Gorski Car, Sullen Decimus, The Judge and the directors at Hard Knocks Inc the CSM ran a Town Hall focused completely on Wormholes. This is just one of many CSM initiatives to help members of CSM XI focus a clear and concise message to bring CCP at the Fall Summit in Iceland. This Town Hall took place on August 13th 2016 at 19:00-­21:00 EVE time, giving players roughly 2 hours to present their ideas and concerns to the CSM members in attendance. We expected a strong turnout for this Town Hall seeing as wormholers have a strong identity and camaraderie when it comes to their space homes, and we weren't disappointed with over 130 people turning up to participate. Depending on the success of the Wormhole Town Hall overall, it is possible that the CSM could form a small Wormhole Roundtable to continue the discussion from the Town Hall with the aims of further pinpointing the feelings of the Wormhole community as a whole.


Industrial Roundtable
Primarily focused on the upcoming capital industrial rebalance and expanding into mining and barges as a whole, this roundtable is still in the planning and invite stages. If you think you might have something to offer for this roundtable please contact either Jin'taan or Sullen Decimus.


Hisec Ganking Roundtable
This roundtable is aimed at looking at the mechanics of ganking and how recent changes have impacted players, and how the future bumping change will affect them. The primary goal is to give the CSM an understanding of what gankers do, why they do it, and how CCP might look to change ganking in the future.


CSM Quarterly Review
In continuing the "weekly summaries" style, the CSM will be releasing their Quarterly Review, bringing together each members personal opinions of their experiences so far this term. This review will be released through the major EVE news gateways (EN24, CZ, TMC) as well as Reddit. The planned release date is August 19th 2016.


A big shout out to CCP Seagull, CCP Guard, CCP Logibro, the o7 show and CCP as a whole for being steadfast supporters of the CSM.

CSM XII Member and CSM XI Permanent Attendee

Diplomat for Circle-Of-Two

@_TheJudge on Twitter

thejudge@csm.eve.com

Jin'taan
Infinite Violence
Trigger Happy.
#2 - 2016-08-14 14:12:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jin'taan
Just a little addendum for those reading, this is both not all of the Player-CSM interaction we're doing to prepare for the summit, being limited to the larger group sessions we're doing, discounting the many 1-on-1 discussions we're seeking out. And of those group sessions, only those which have been actively kicked off. We have a lot more planned to get underway and I'm sure even more slowly brewing in the back of our heads. I know Sullen's been doing some excellent work curating a 'little things' sheet, Hyde has been amassing what basically amounts to a full run down of pretty much every module, ship, ammo type and mechanic in the game to write down his balancing assesment of it, Bobmon & Nashh have been hard at work finding out what can be done to help event organiser and CCP communication, and of course all of us have been taking part in the collaborative effort that is working with CCP when they ask our input, as well as proactively giving input on things that are on CCP's roadmap. Personally I'm looking to set up a few more roundtables if the currently planned ones turn out well, specifically on things like Incursions and Industry.

Thank you all for your support however, I am glad I've been able to take part in the CSM and look forwards to representing the interests of the playerbase in this upcoming summit :)
Ruby Gnollo
#3 - 2016-08-14 14:14:29 UTC
The Judge wrote:
The primary goal is to give the CSM an understanding of what gankers do, why they do it, and how CCP might look to change ganking in the future.


Just ask Endie : he spent a year working on that very subject, with impressive results.
lolwut1
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2016-08-14 16:01:53 UTC
Any possibility to participate hisec gank roundtable?
Jin'taan
Infinite Violence
Trigger Happy.
#5 - 2016-08-14 16:45:12 UTC
lolwut1 wrote:
Any possibility to participate hisec gank roundtable?


Guests have already been sorted for it. Would be happy to do a second one to get the anti-ganker view on the matter at some point however, just don't know how to get in contact with them :)
Mr Hyde113
#6 - 2016-08-14 16:56:17 UTC
I would also like to point out that none of these scheduled groups or town halls precludes you from individually or collectively contacting us with your ideas or opinions. We are all available throughout our term to hear from you on any topic.

Quote:
Hyde has been amassing what basically amounts to a full run down of pretty much every module, ship, ammo type and mechanic in the game to write down his balancing assessment of it,


Confirming that this is my main personal project going into the summit. If you have a balance issue, It's very likely I have it down already; but if you feel strongly about an issue and want to re-iterate your perspective on it to me, please send me/link me your doc/write-up. Numbers and justifications preferred over mere opinions. Thanks.
Ron Utia
Alcoholocaust.
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#7 - 2016-08-14 17:09:20 UTC
Thank you for the CSM update... Is anyone on the CSM is looking at lowsec and FW. I can't seem to find any recent mentions of changes to lowsec and FW. Is this on the radar for CCP or the CSM?

o/
Jin'taan
Infinite Violence
Trigger Happy.
#8 - 2016-08-14 17:12:40 UTC
Ron Utia wrote:
Thank you for the CSM update... Is anyone on the CSM is looking at lowsec and FW. I can't seem to find any recent mentions of changes to lowsec and FW. Is this on the radar for CCP or the CSM?

o/


Gorski Carr is our resident Lowsec expert, and yes he's asked for a meeting on FW with CCP :)
Thomas en Chasteaux
HighSec Militia
#9 - 2016-08-14 17:34:38 UTC
Jin'taan wrote:
lolwut1 wrote:
Any possibility to participate hisec gank roundtable?


Guests have already been sorted for it. Would be happy to do a second one to get the anti-ganker view on the matter at some point however, just don't know how to get in contact with them :)



Ganker invite only?
What a pity.

Hope Eve hasn't become too difficult and hard for high sec career criminals.
What would I ever do if they all up and rage quit?

If you really are lost in the wilderness on how to contact an Anti-Ganker,
just drop me a line.

I might know one ... or two ... extremely experienced people on the matter.



Jin'taan
Infinite Violence
Trigger Happy.
#10 - 2016-08-14 17:43:33 UTC
Thomas en Chasteaux wrote:
Jin'taan wrote:
lolwut1 wrote:
Any possibility to participate hisec gank roundtable?


Guests have already been sorted for it. Would be happy to do a second one to get the anti-ganker view on the matter at some point however, just don't know how to get in contact with them :)



Ganker invite only?
What a pity.

Hope Eve hasn't become too difficult and hard for high sec career criminals.
What would I ever do if they all up and rage quit?

If you really are lost in the wilderness on how to contact an Anti-Ganker,
just drop me a line.

I might know one ... or two ... extremely experienced people on the matter.





It might shock you to learn that they're not willing to talk about certain things in the presence of the people dedicated to countering their profession, hence why I intend to do an opposing roundtable. Also stops things from getting heated between the two parties, or arguing back and forth over what is 'fair', which doesn't actually achieve anything.

Plus, that community did reach out to me first, I'd have happily hosted the anti-ganker community first if they'd have contacted me. I'd like to hear about the issues that face your community, and how CCP could make your playstyle fit better in with the game mechanically. Note that I specifically ask for problems and not solutions though, as this leads to something that CCP can better use in their future development. Saying 'x solution makes our lives easier' is a lot harder to implement than 'y is wrong with the current system, is there anything we can do to solve it?', as they understand the coding already in place and how best to work with that :)
Ruby Gnollo
#11 - 2016-08-14 18:07:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruby Gnollo
-
Skia Aumer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2016-08-14 21:32:51 UTC
Mr Hyde113 wrote:
If you have a balance issue, It's very likely I have it down already; but if you feel strongly about an issue and want to re-iterate your perspective on it to me, please send me/link me your doc/write-up.

Do you think EVE needs a moratorium on introduction of new ships? At least for a while. I think CCP are adding those too fast and even I, an experienced and active player, cannot wrap my head around the changes at this pace, while newer and casual players have even more difficulties.
Skia Aumer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2016-08-14 21:57:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Skia Aumer
Jin'taan wrote:
Personally I'm looking to set up a few more roundtables if the currently planned ones turn out well, specifically on things like Incursions and Industry.

Industry is a big deal in EVE, and a lot of people were very happy to meet Crius and what was considered a long-awaited first step of its revamp. Unfortunately we found out it was the final step. Furthermore, one of its pivotal features - teams - was later dismissed.

I would be glad to participate in discussions on this topic, but I dont think there is enough consensus in the community at the moment to start a successful roundtable right away.
Annexe
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#14 - 2016-08-15 06:05:47 UTC
The Judge wrote:
At present there are at least 20 different players from all over EVE who have expressed their interest in being involved in this focus group, with the possibility for that number to grow as the weeks go on in the lead up to the Fall Summit. CSM members will be moderating this focus group but won't be actively participating in the discussion themselves (to prevent any tainting of opinions).




Was this an invite only group? Or based on a CSM member selection process? I know some null-sec FC's that would be very interested in this and could bring some good insight.

Annexe

ITAI - VIP

"i will pop your wreck with faction loot"

Summer du rayne
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2016-08-15 10:23:30 UTC
the biggest bug in w space is the core citadel not spawning the correct amount of battleships, it should be 8 and not 2.hence the reduced payout.i enjoy livng in w space as no two days are the say, one day connected to hard knocks and then anohter connected to TDSIN, if your really unlucky rolling into the same hole after rolling your static 3 times,but hey thtas w space for you, you can never predict it. null sec is mundane,i prefer the old fashioned dominion sov to this entosis crap
Jin'taan
Infinite Violence
Trigger Happy.
#16 - 2016-08-15 10:50:29 UTC
Skia Aumer wrote:
Jin'taan wrote:
Personally I'm looking to set up a few more roundtables if the currently planned ones turn out well, specifically on things like Incursions and Industry.

Industry is a big deal in EVE, and a lot of people were very happy to meet Crius and what was considered a long-awaited first step of its revamp. Unfortunately we found out it was the final step. Furthermore, one of its pivotal features - teams - was later dismissed.

I would be glad to participate in discussions on this topic, but I dont think there is enough consensus in the community at the moment to start a successful roundtable right away.


Thank you for your insight and maturity in your assessment. It is likely that I'll do a general PvE townhall pre this summit.

It might be useful to do a post-summit industry one, as there's a good chance we'll be in a better shape to understand what CCPs plans will be with regards to industry, and shape our questions accordingly.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#17 - 2016-08-15 15:06:19 UTC
war mechanics in empire are ****ed.
this needs discussing.
manou nimous
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2016-08-16 05:08:48 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
war mechanics in empire are ****ed.
this needs discussing.


They were already discussed by the previous CSM & CCP according to the available public records. TL;DR : they don't have a clue. Apparently, people having clues just don't trust the seals clubbers of the CSM.
Kenji Noguchi
Duendes Merodeadores
#19 - 2016-08-17 17:41:22 UTC
How can one know about these "events" in advance. For example, how was the Wormhole Town Hall announced?
The Judge
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2016-08-18 15:30:32 UTC
Kenji Noguchi wrote:
How can one know about these "events" in advance. For example, how was the Wormhole Town Hall announced?

The wormhole town hall was first announced by NoobMan on 2016.07.29 (two weeks before the town hall itself) on the Wormhole section of the EVEO forums. Link: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=489063&find=unread

Any public meetings with the CSM will normally be posted on either a) the appropriate eveo forum section b) the CSM sections of the forums or c) reddit/twitter/news sites.

Thanks for your question!

CSM XII Member and CSM XI Permanent Attendee

Diplomat for Circle-Of-Two

@_TheJudge on Twitter

thejudge@csm.eve.com

12Next page