These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Help regarding getting into Incursions

Author
Hendrix Foster
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-08-05 10:14:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Hendrix Foster
Hey folks,

I've been thinking of getting into Incursions as I think I might be at the level to try and do so. I've read up on them a bit on sites but have a few questions that remain unanswered, or would like the current answer to, as some of the info when you Google stuff is a few years old.

1 - Is it true that many FCs aren't big fans of blaster boats because the enemy orbits you at 20-25km and that can be a reason why you might not be picked?

2 - I notice that on a lot of fits for ships on the net (regarding Incursions) have no propulsion mod on them.......why is this?

3 - Is it OK to just throw faction equipment in the fit instead of T2 and is there a general preference for either by FCs?

4 - Obviously, T2/Faction ships are more desirable...but do properly fitted/pimped T1 battleships get a look-in?

5 - I know you have to go to a channel and post your ship/fitting/role and wait to be 'picked' for action.....but is there anywhere you should go specifically in high sec to try to get picked that may be closer to the Incursion sites....or will any station anywhere do?

6 - Do shield tanked ships get picked more by FCs than armour tanked ones?

7 - If there was one thing you'd like to tell someone new to Incursions....what would it be?

A lot of questions, I know....but thankx in advance for any relies.
Maekchu
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2016-08-05 10:17:40 UTC
I think the easiest solution to your problem, is to join a corp that does incursions and that takes in newbies.
Hendrix Foster
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-08-05 10:25:06 UTC
Yeah, and I'll be joining a low sec corp in the not to distant future. I'm just skilling up and getting organized properly before I do it. I thought Incursions might be a good way to earn some ISK whilst I got prepared properly for low sec as last time wasn't. I want to be more self-sufficient this time and it will need me to sort some stuff before going on to the next corp.

Just investigating ISK making options whilst in a transitional stage.

Cheers though.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#4 - 2016-08-05 10:40:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
incursion corps have there own specific ship fittings, you dont just yolo in with whatever you want.

all the corps have channels and websites/motd's with the fittings they require, shield is usually preferred because you can fit more damage mods.

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Hendrix Foster
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-08-05 10:56:53 UTC
Thankx for that.

Is it possible to run Incrursions without being in a corp?
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#6 - 2016-08-05 10:59:11 UTC
Hendrix Foster wrote:
Thankx for that.

Is it possible to run Incrursions without being in a corp?


yes, they are usually public groups, make sure you aint wardecced etc

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2016-08-05 11:56:10 UTC
I am not familiar with any corps that you join for incursions. You would be a wardec magnet. However there are communities that run public PuGs. They typically are either shield or armor communities so you will have to pick one or move a variety of ships around with you.

When I was running incursions most of the groups were very new player friendly. Be warned that you can get black listed if you are being an asshat and doing things like joining group while you are wardeced.

There are usually two biggest incursions up after any given point in time. You can see where they are in your journal. You need to pick one of them and go there and be read to go.

I would mention the channels here but I am on my cell phone ATM. For research purposes I recommend you to one of the high sec incursion areas and ask questions in the incursion chat channel that automatically opens up. People will help you out there

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Hendrix Foster
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2016-08-05 12:33:11 UTC
OK...cool, so there are Incursion areas then. Thanx for that, very helpful.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#9 - 2016-08-05 12:41:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
Hendrix Foster wrote:
OK...cool, so there are Incursion areas then. Thanx for that, very helpful.


You should probably do some google research on what incursions actually are.

I use to fly with The Valhalla Project

I got tediously boring tbh

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Hendrix Foster
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2016-08-05 13:45:43 UTC
I have been reading about Incursions and what they are, just wanted a few questions answered.....however, many of the sites I've read have also mentioned that no-one is willing/interested to teach/help people with learning about Incurions in general.

Haha....guess so.

Would like to thank all those who replied.....some of the info was interesting/useful.

o7
Wombat65Au Egdald
R I S E
#11 - 2016-08-05 14:18:46 UTC
I'm not an incursion runner but I can answer some of your questions.

Quote:
4 - Obviously, T2/Faction ships are more desirable...but do properly fitted/pimped T1 battleships get a look-in?


When an incursion is in effect, all damage resistances on player ships are reduced inside an incursion area. On top of this, incursion rats do "omni" damage, they do all four types of damage at the same time.

Faction and T2 ships have higher damage resists built into them compared to T1 ships. Since you have to deal with all four types of damage at the same time, ships with higher built in resists handle that damage better than T1 ships. This makes the work of logistic pilots in the incursion group easier. Having a faction or T2 ship isn't a requirement for all incursion groups, some groups will take players with T1 ships, but having a reasonably balanced tank against all four types of damage is desirable.

Quote:
5 - I know you have to go to a channel and post your ship/fitting/role and wait to be 'picked' for action.....but is there anywhere you should go specifically in high sec to try to get picked that may be closer to the Incursion sites....or will any station anywhere do?


Incursions don't stay in the same area all the time, the incursion locations change, based on scripts running on the server. As ergh mentioned, you can see where the incursions are in your in-game journal, in the Incursions tab. Being ready to fleet up in a system that is close to an incursion area may help you get into an incursion fleet a bit easier, compared to someone who may have a better ship than you but is much further away when the time comes to get the fleet together.

Quote:
6 - Do shield tanked ships get picked more by FCs than armour tanked ones?


Most Incursion groups prefer all ships to have the same type of tank, shield or armor. This makes the job of the logi pilots easier since they only have to fit for supporting one type of tank, shield or armor. My understanding is that there are more shield tank incursion groups than armor tank incursion groups. There may be some groups that will accept both types of tank in the same group, but I don't know which groups do that.
Keno Skir
#12 - 2016-08-05 14:26:23 UTC
Drop me an EvE-Mail. I'll help you work out how close you are to incursion readyness. I tend to run armor incursions now and again when the mood takes me.
Fal Shepard
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#13 - 2016-08-05 16:03:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Fal Shepard
Incursions are quite simply the military version of mining as in that it supplies huge amount of profit with minimal effort. If you run with an incursion group such as warp to me incursions, you can stand to make about 31.5 million every 15 minutes on average. Fancy fits are encouraged, however the only t2 you'd really need would be defensive modules, everything else can be meta 4, though try to fit their lists the best you can. Also keep in mind that some fleets such as warp to me are open, meaning while they may be owned by an alliance, they are open to the general public and you do not have to join their corps to participate. Try to refrain from running incursions if you are at war or have a kill right on you, as they will not help you if another player engages you.

If you have further questions about incursions, pm me. I've run them for more than a year, and I've helped many others get started, and I'd be more than happy to help you out as well.

From the ashes of our defeat, we will be reborn. With these chains with which we are bound, we will become indivisible. To those who showed us no mercy, we will give no sympathy. For the flames that burn our cities, we will douse in injustice's blood

Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#14 - 2016-08-05 18:09:52 UTC
I hear flying logistics (shield or armor repair) is a good way to get into incursion fleets.


Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#15 - 2016-08-05 18:48:08 UTC
Move to low sec. You'll never be prepared until you get there.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2016-08-05 21:29:26 UTC
Hendrix Foster wrote:
Hey folks,

I've been thinking of getting into Incursions as I think I might be at the level to try and do so. I've read up on them a bit on sites but have a few questions that remain unanswered, or would like the current answer to, as some of the info when you Google stuff is a few years old.

1 - Is it true that many FCs aren't big fans of blaster boats because the enemy orbits you at 20-25km and that can be a reason why you might not be picked?

2 - I notice that on a lot of fits for ships on the net (regarding Incursions) have no propulsion mod on them.......why is this?

3 - Is it OK to just throw faction equipment in the fit instead of T2 and is there a general preference for either by FCs?

4 - Obviously, T2/Faction ships are more desirable...but do properly fitted/pimped T1 battleships get a look-in?

5 - I know you have to go to a channel and post your ship/fitting/role and wait to be 'picked' for action.....but is there anywhere you should go specifically in high sec to try to get picked that may be closer to the Incursion sites....or will any station anywhere do?

6 - Do shield tanked ships get picked more by FCs than armour tanked ones?

7 - If there was one thing you'd like to tell someone new to Incursions....what would it be?

A lot of questions, I know....but thankx in advance for any relies.


1. Tell that to the vindicators. As far as I know, blaster boats have no problem in incursions.

2. You don't really move in incursions. You warp in and sit there and let the rats come to you

3. Faction equipment is a bit vague, but overall if the faction is equivalent or better than the T2 variation I'm sure you'll be fine.

4. The most efficient battleships are the pirate ones, pretty sure some of the less elite groups accept T1 battleships with decent fits.

5. You kind of pick a group you want to run with and then head off to their designated staging station.

6. Incursion groups are either shield or armour, they don't usually have a fleet for both.

7. Fly logi, it's way easier to get into and much more fun.
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2016-08-05 21:35:30 UTC
Hendrix Foster wrote:
OK...cool, so there are Incursion areas then. Thanx for that, very helpful.


Journal ...

Public staging areas are listed there.
go to area, chat window opens automatically
post fit

wait for FC nibbles.
aldhura
Blackjack and Exotic Dancers
Top Tier
#18 - 2016-08-05 23:55:40 UTC  |  Edited by: aldhura
Are you armor or shield trained ? best way is to go in to the community's and ask there, many will have links to what you need.
If you newsih, join IIC chat ingame, they have a role that will take you a weeks worth of training and they will give you a ship to use.
I have yet to find a corp that actually does incursion regularly. Community's are the best way.
-- Edit-- I lie, EVE uni does corp incursion.
Hendrix Foster
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2016-08-05 23:57:20 UTC
Thankx for the replies and just the info I needed.......awesome!

Much obliged. Plenty there to be getting on with.
Hendrix Foster
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2016-08-06 00:02:47 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:


Journal ...

Public staging areas are listed there.
go to area, chat window opens automatically
post fit

wait for FC nibbles.


That's nice to know.....been playing a little over 6 months and hadn't got round to figuring that out. Always something else to learn.
12Next page