These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Implant Question

Author
Firebird Pheonix
The Drone Walkers
DRONE WALKERS
#1 - 2016-07-16 14:33:15 UTC
Hey everyone,

So currently I have +4 implants and raising skills, my question is are 5+'s worth it for implants? Or is +4 fine? Just trying to figure out if I should spend the extra isk to get +5's or just keep my +4's and keep on going.

Any suggestions would be awesome!!

Thanks in advance,

Firebird
Sheeth Athonille
Rabid Dogz Mining
The Bastion
#2 - 2016-07-16 20:39:12 UTC
Do you pvp regularly? If so, mostly in low or null/wh's?

If you don't pvp and lose pods often, then they are worth it (given enough time). If you live in null or wh space where you're likely to lose your pod, I'd recommend sticking with +4's.
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#3 - 2016-07-16 22:59:00 UTC
Buy +5's when you've achieved enough wealth that the cost is irrelevant. They do make a difference - roughly 100 SP/hour with the same attribute mapping. In 6 months you'll earn what you could get with 1 skill injector.
Firebird Pheonix
The Drone Walkers
DRONE WALKERS
#4 - 2016-07-17 02:48:57 UTC
Alright I will stick with +4's then since my main and alt are in low/null/wh's permanently for PvP and PvE reasons. But will see if +5's become relevant again when I make the isk to do so!

Thank you for the responses really appreciated!

Firebird
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#5 - 2016-07-17 05:40:44 UTC
Buy JUST the ones that you are currently mapped for. The cost won't feel like such a big deal, if you lose them.
Make a clone to jump into, if you go somewhere a little more risky. The clone could have +3's or +4's, or whatever you like, depending on the conditions.
You can have a lot of clones set up differently.