These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Instagram screenshot competition

First post
Author
CCP Leeloo
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-07-15 13:36:37 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Falcon
[img]http://i.imgur.com/vhVwW9z.jpg[/img]

Hi there capsuleers,

We are inviting you to join our Instagram screenshot competition!

The rules are simple:

  • Follow us on instagram @eveonline
  • Between July 15th and August 5th, publish a screenshot and make sure that you tag it with #eveonline
  • Screenshots should be taken in-game, by you and must not contain any offensive material.

  • We will select 10 winners and announce the results on the next o7 show. We will be giving away 5 x 60 day time codes (that you can convert to PLEX if you wish) and 5 x Limited Editions of the Art of New Eden.

    Good luck!


    FAQ:

    Q: Can I use screenshots that I took earlier?
    A: You can!

    Q: Can I use Instagram filter or change my images with Photoshop/Paint/etc.
    A: Yes, but please be reasonable.

    Q: How many screenshots can I submit?
    A: As many as you wish.

    Q: I can't post an image from my PC, what should I do?
    A: You need to transfer your file from your computer to your phone, either by using cloud services like Google Drive or Dropbox or by connecting your phone directly to your PC or the network that it's using.

    CCP Leeloo | Community Developer | @ccp_leeloo | leeloo@ccpgames.com

    MrXLR8
    Future Research and Investition
    Iron Crown
    #2 - 2016-07-15 14:44:36 UTC
    How much screenshots per contestant is allowed? And its only for Instagramm users, or maybe i can post in other social networks?

    http://gc.insp.su?a=sig&i=636&s=jaguar

    Это должно было быть Userbar`om, но осталось ссылкой :С

    CCP Leeloo
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #3 - 2016-07-15 14:48:11 UTC
    MrXLR8 wrote:
    How much screenshots per contestant is allowed? And its only for Instagramm users, or maybe i can post in other social networks?

    As many as you wish. The competition is limited to Instagram users only.

    CCP Leeloo | Community Developer | @ccp_leeloo | leeloo@ccpgames.com

    kiser horgan
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #4 - 2016-07-15 15:03:04 UTC
    CCP Leeloo wrote:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/vhVwW9z.jpg[/img]

    Hi there capsuleers,

    We are inviting you to join our Instagram screenshot competition!

    The rules are simple:

  • Follow us on instagram @eveonline
  • Between July 15th and August 5th, publish a screenshot and make sure that you tag it with #eveonline
  • Screenshots should be taken in-game, by you and must not contain any offensive material.

  • We will select 10 winners and announce the results on the next o7 show. We will be giving away 5 x 60 day time codes (that you can convert to PLEX if you wish) and 5 x Limited Editions of the Art of New Eden.

    Good luck!


    You do know instagram doesn't allow you to upload from your pc right?
    CCP Leeloo
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #5 - 2016-07-15 15:13:31 UTC
    kiser horgan wrote:
    You do know instagram doesn't allow you to upload from your pc right?

    It would appear that I do. Would you like an instruction on how to pass the file from your PC to your phone? Smile

    CCP Leeloo | Community Developer | @ccp_leeloo | leeloo@ccpgames.com

    Rei Ayannami
    Ministry of War
    Amarr Empire
    #6 - 2016-07-15 15:37:48 UTC
    Can I use instagram filters?
    Fiddly Pop
    The Conference Elite
    CODE.
    #7 - 2016-07-15 15:49:56 UTC
    not a real well thought out contest... post screen shots of a desktop game via a mobile app.Shocked
    CCP Leeloo
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #8 - 2016-07-15 15:50:30 UTC
    Rei Ayannami wrote:
    Can I use instagram filters?

    Yes, using filters or changing images in Photoshop or any other software is fine, just don't get too crazy with it Smile

    CCP Leeloo | Community Developer | @ccp_leeloo | leeloo@ccpgames.com

    Rivr Luzade
    Coreli Corporation
    Pandemic Legion
    #9 - 2016-07-15 16:51:28 UTC
    What will those do without an IG account?

    UI Improvement Collective

    My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

    Martin Crendraven
    POS Party
    Ember Sands
    #10 - 2016-07-15 16:59:24 UTC
    Ok for Everyone that wants to upload stuff from the PC:
    Either get Gramblr or


    1. Get BlueStacks App Player
    2. Download Instagram.apk
    3. Install BlueStack, start it. (I think a Bluestack account is necessary just use a spammail for that)
    4. Once BlueStack is started klick the APK on the middle left of the Screen open the Instagram.apk that you downloaded in the previous step.
    5. Now just log in your Instagram Klick the Camera as normal -> Galerie -> (click the little arrow) click Others.... -> click the get from windows and navigate to the Screenshoot you want to upload
    6. ???
    7. Profit
    Raxella en Chalune
    Aliastra
    Gallente Federation
    #11 - 2016-07-15 17:04:53 UTC
    Awesome! Really excited to see what everyone posts! Smile
    Cervix Thumper
    School of Applied Knowledge
    Caldari State
    #12 - 2016-07-15 17:16:44 UTC
    SadSadSad another competition I can't do...why not just host the comp here or via e-mail and send the winners out via instagram?
    Martin Crendraven
    POS Party
    Ember Sands
    #13 - 2016-07-15 17:18:22 UTC
    Cervix Thumper wrote:
    SadSadSad another competition I can't do...why not just host the comp here or via e-mail and send the winners out via instagram?

    why can't you do it?
    fation
    fation Corporation
    #14 - 2016-07-15 17:19:33 UTC
    I was already going it ,, like it :)
    Cervix Thumper
    School of Applied Knowledge
    Caldari State
    #15 - 2016-07-15 17:25:04 UTC
    Martin Crendraven wrote:
    Cervix Thumper wrote:
    SadSadSad another competition I can't do...why not just host the comp here or via e-mail and send the winners out via instagram?

    why can't you do it?



    all my pics are on Imgur. The steps to get in on instagram.. bah.. my C drive is already at 98% cap, which means either hot linking, or downloading and deleting 1 file at a time. This could have been thought out much better.
    Xynlie
    Death By Design
    #16 - 2016-07-15 17:59:46 UTC
    I'm super excited about this. I have so many screenshots to run through now.
    Also I must mention that it's hilarious you can't even give away free stuff without most comments crying about extra steps or not having an IG account. All of the tears. Lol
    Pirate
    Feiryred
    House Singularity
    Sixth Empire
    #17 - 2016-07-15 18:08:28 UTC
    Can I confirm that instagram tweaks are ok? Tho IMO, I personally feel they should be unadalterated as a good shot should speak for itself :p

    No photoshopping? I hope no? But please confirm :)

    I do not spew forth profanities, I enunciate them clearly-like a f*cking lady!

    Feiryred
    House Singularity
    Sixth Empire
    #18 - 2016-07-15 18:11:33 UTC
    Cervix Thumper wrote:
    Martin Crendraven wrote:
    Cervix Thumper wrote:
    SadSadSad another competition I can't do...why not just host the comp here or via e-mail and send the winners out via instagram?

    why can't you do it?



    all my pics are on Imgur. The steps to get in on instagram.. bah.. my C drive is already at 98% cap, which means either hot linking, or downloading and deleting 1 file at a time. This could have been thought out much better.



    Use your phone or tablet, PC not required mate, hope you've some good ones.
    If your drive is full, get an external memory or use Drive Tidy (make sure you set it up right or you'll lose saved in game convos-I'm a diplo, I winced!)

    I do not spew forth profanities, I enunciate them clearly-like a f*cking lady!

    Raxella en Chalune
    Aliastra
    Gallente Federation
    #19 - 2016-07-15 18:12:21 UTC
    Feiryred wrote:
    Can I confirm that instagram tweaks are ok? Tho IMO, I personally feel they should be unadalterated as a good shot should speak for itself :p

    No photoshopping? I hope no? But please confirm :)


    Photoshopping and Instagram filters are allowed, but we were told to not overdo it P
    Feiryred
    House Singularity
    Sixth Empire
    #20 - 2016-07-15 18:14:17 UTC
    kiser horgan wrote:
    CCP Leeloo wrote:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/vhVwW9z.jpg[/img]

    Hi there capsuleers,

    We are inviting you to join our Instagram screenshot competition!

    The rules are simple:

  • Follow us on instagram @eveonline
  • Between July 15th and August 5th, publish a screenshot and make sure that you tag it with #eveonline
  • Screenshots should be taken in-game, by you and must not contain any offensive material.

  • We will select 10 winners and announce the results on the next o7 show. We will be giving away 5 x 60 day time codes (that you can convert to PLEX if you wish) and 5 x Limited Editions of the Art of New Eden.

    Good luck!


    You do know instagram doesn't allow you to upload from your pc right?


    Erm, yes it does?

    I do not spew forth profanities, I enunciate them clearly-like a f*cking lady!

    123Next pageLast page