These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

{ Knowing is half the battle }

Author
zus
TxivYawg
#1 - 2016-06-20 17:33:14 UTC  |  Edited by: zus
the suggestion is to be able to defend against 'skills that you already know / equipment that you can use'

damage reduction } medium artillery / Skill Lv 3 = 3% - damage reduction

damage reduction } minmatar HACruisers / Skill Lv 2 = 2% - damage reduction
Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#2 - 2016-06-20 18:53:25 UTC
zus wrote:
the suggestion is to be able to defend against 'skills that you already know / equipment that you can use'

Because as we all know, if one understands how a bullet works, one becomes bullet-proof...

Ugh

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#3 - 2016-06-22 18:03:54 UTC
zus wrote:

Let's just file this under 'A' for 'As Whack as your High Sec Carrier Idea' What?

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#4 - 2016-06-22 23:50:24 UTC
My father always told me, "If you are gonna dream, dream big. It costs the same."
Andrew Indy
Cleaning Crew
#5 - 2016-07-19 05:07:38 UTC
The problem with this is that it would give older players a pretty big advantage. Currently a lower PS toon can specialize and be as good if not nearly as good in that specifics ship as any other player. with this in place you would have to have every gunnery skill and every ship skill in the game to get the full bonus. (including Titans and XL guns I could see that taking several years, Hell I have been playing for 4 years and I don't even have maxed Large guns or Cap guns at all)
Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#6 - 2016-07-19 10:40:07 UTC
Andrew Indy wrote:
The problem with this is that it would give older players a pretty big advantage. Currently a lower PS toon can specialize and be as good if not nearly as good in that specifics ship as any other player. with this in place you would have to have every gunnery skill and every ship skill in the game to get the full bonus. (including Titans and XL guns I could see that taking several years, Hell I have been playing for 4 years and I don't even have maxed Large guns or Cap guns at all)

Pretty sure that isn't the *only* problem with it...

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Christopher Mabata
Sentinel Incorporium
#7 - 2016-09-11 16:46:43 UTC
So does this mean if i train Doomsday operation 5 and all other weapon skills to 5 i can ascend to my true form and practically laugh off the wrath of Bob?

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet