These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Event] The Third Annual Landfall Music Festival

Author
Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#1 - 2016-05-29 15:27:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Saede Riordan
The Alexylva Paradox Presents
The Third Annual
Landfall Music Festival

Three years ago an alliance of corporations including the Alexylva Paradox, Anomalous Existance, and Re-Awakened Technologies invaded the system of Origin (J120442) and liberated its worlds from Far Eastern WH, the Amarrian-aligned capsuleer corporation previously holding the system. The Amarrians were driven out, their Revelation was destroyed, and the slave colonies were freed. From that day forward, Origin looked to the future. New cities went up on the sites of former work camps, stations and outposts brought wealth and abundance to the system, and we have entered an era of unprecedented prosperity. Once a year, we come together to celebrate this undertaking, and that time has come once again. Thus, in association with Origin Colonial Authority and the city of Foundation, I am proud to announce the third annual Landfall Music Festival, to be held in Landfall Park on the weekend of July 3rd.

The festival will open at 1600 UTC on Friday July 3rd, and music will begin on the main stage concurrently. Shuttles to the venue will be available at all regular trade hubs from 1400 UTC onwards, courtesy of the Alexylva Paradox. Shuttles will run for the entire weekend from trade hubs to the Foundation City Starport (Channel). Tickets are on sale now via Galnet, 60 ISK for a weekend pass, or 25 ISK per day. Campsites will be available at the festival site, and for those wishing not to rough it, the Highperch Hotel in Foundation City is offering rooms at a discounted price of 40 ISK per night for festival goers. Those wishing to operate a vending booth should contact Festival Coordinator Aaron Althousi (Althousi@Originmail.galnet) before June 21st, when booth locations will be finalized.

Music will play on the main stage for the entire weekend, featuring bands and artists from throughout the Origin system. Three music slots remain open, and a general call has been put out to find groups to fill these slots. If you are a musician and interested in performing, contact Aaron Althousi at the earliest convenience, slots will be filled on a first come first serve basis. A fire dancing and drum circle will again operate during the nights, and anyone is invited to join in the circle. Some spare drums will be provided but festival goers who wish to play in the drum circle are encouraged to bring their own.

Saturday night will feature a special event as festival goers will be able to witness the final deployment of the Foundation City space elevator and subsequent fireworks performances.

Festival Rules

• No weapons will be permitted in the venue, and any fights will be broken up by Enforcer Drones.
  • No pets will be allowed in the venue, please leave them at home so as not to interfere with the local wildlife.
  • No glass bottles or other breakable items will be allowed, please make things easy for our cleanup crew and use plastic or metal.
  • Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, children will be provided with a tracking bracelet keyed to their guardian's neocom, allowing them to be located within the venue in the event of an emergency.
  • Wood for campfires will be provided, please avoid damaging the local forest looking for firewood.

Unlike last year, neutral capsuleers will not need to request an invite, instead, the festival grounds will be open to everyone, save for a few troublemakers that have been preemptively banned. I hope to see lots of new and familiar faces, lets make this Landfall Festival as much of a success as the previous two.
Stitcher
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#2 - 2016-05-30 00:49:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
As some of you who attended last year may remember, our attempt to regulate booster use was a catastrophic failure which ended in the now infamous "purple Sooth Sayer" incident and several violent assaults.

As always, we want to ensure the safety and health of festival-goers as best we can. Our solution this year is that any attendee who wishes to indulge in mind-altering substances may make use of the discreet tents we're setting up for that exact purpose, complete with clean apparatus, medical drones on standby, and safe biohazard disposal bins. Festival security will be able to direct you to these when asked.

Obviously, we consider it our duty to remind everyone that booster use can cause permanent harm to your mental health that will travel with you between clones, and we urge you to indulge moderately and sensibly if you should choose to indulge at all.

Fair warning: consumption of boosters does not exempt you from the festival rules or from Origin system law. Although booster use is legal in Origin, inebriation is not a valid defense of any criminal actions you may perform while under their influence. You may also be required to cover any medical or security expenses if we wind up having to look after you.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Jason Galente
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#3 - 2016-05-30 02:39:16 UTC
Saede Riordan wrote:
Tickets are on sale now via Galnet, 60 ISK for a weekend pass, or 25 ISK per day. Campsites will be available at the festival site, and for those wishing not to rough it, the Highperch Hotel in Foundation City is offering rooms at a discounted price of 40 ISK per night for festival goers.

Pfft, ripoff.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
Sani-Sabik
#4 - 2016-05-30 05:05:04 UTC
Does it include the Traditional Minmatar Music, of banging a Loud Drum very loudly, and blowing an Annoying Flute in an annoying manner ?

Can't beat the two Traditional Minmatar Tunes, there are only two you know, of Boom, Boom, Boom, Fweeep, and Boom, Fweeep, Boom, Fweeep.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Rook Moray
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-05-30 06:10:12 UTC
Valerie Valate wrote:
Does it include the Traditional Minmatar Music, of banging a Loud Drum very loudly, and blowing an Annoying Flute in an annoying manner ?

Can't beat the two Traditional Minmatar Tunes, there are only two you know, of Boom, Boom, Boom, Fweeep, and Boom, Fweeep, Boom, Fweeep.

Can we bring the Horde Horn?

Also, if ya need good quality boosters, I know a guy.

“When you want to know how things really work, study them when they're coming apart.” -Guristas Proverb.

Stitcher
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#6 - 2016-05-30 08:32:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Valerie Valate wrote:

One of the DJs we've hired for this is a real maverick who's experimenting with blending Matari music with Amarrian vocal forms to produce tracks like Boom, Fweeep, Angry Racist Shouting, and Boom, Boom, Senile Mumbling, Fweeep.

I'm looking forward to his set.

AKA Hambone

Aradina Varren
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#7 - 2016-06-03 04:49:30 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
Valerie Valate wrote:

One of the DJs we've hired for this is a real maverick who's experimenting with blending Matari music with Amarrian vocal forms to produce tracks like Boom, Fweeep, Angry Racist Shouting, and Boom, Boom, Senile Mumbling, Fweeep.

He should invite Diana Kim. I think that added someone shouting "Glory to the State!" every three seconds could really add to that act. It would also spawn some great remixes.

Feels Pretty Soft to Me.

Stitcher
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#8 - 2016-06-03 06:59:50 UTC
Hmm. Sounds like you should be pursuing a career in music, Aradina. With talent like that...

AKA Hambone

Neph
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
Heiian Conglomerate
#9 - 2016-06-03 17:08:07 UTC
Aradina Varren wrote:
Stitcher wrote:
Valerie Valate wrote:

He should invite Diana Kim. I think that added someone shouting "Glory to the State!" every three seconds could really add to that act. It would also spawn some great remixes.

Add the sounds of five people and half a fedo having sex and we'll have a real multicultural sonic experience!

~ Gariushi YC110 // Midular YC115 // Yanala YC115 ~

"Orte Jaitovalte sitasuyti ne obuetsa useuut ishu. Ketsiak ishiulyn." -Yakiya Tovil-Toba-taisoka

Valerie Valate
Sani-Sabik
#10 - 2016-06-03 19:04:35 UTC
Aradina Varren wrote:
Stitcher wrote:
Valerie Valate wrote:

I'm not sure that Diana Kim's voice would suit that.

Maybe a stereotypical deep male Civire voice would though.

Think about it.

Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss,
Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Glo-ry, to the, State *big cymbal crash*
Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss,
Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Un-tiss, Death to, the Gall, en-te *cymbal crash*

Maybe put Diana Kim's vocals on the "Death to the Gallente" lyric, but the deep male Civire is more suited to "Glory to the State".

But, well, that's just my opinion.

Stitcher
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#11 - 2016-06-03 20:16:10 UTC
This is all beginning to sound a bit avant-garde for my tastes. Can we just go back to the boom and fweeep?

AKA Hambone

Valerie Valate
Sani-Sabik
#12 - 2016-06-03 20:29:41 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
This is all beginning to sound a bit avant-garde for my tastes. Can we just go back to the boom and fweeep?

Well, some purists claim that the traditional music cannot be accurately played in the modern era.

You see, traditionally, the Loud Drum was made from human leather, from defeated enemies, and the Annoying Flute was whittled from a thigh bone, from a defeated enemy, or occasionally, for more poignant playing of the tunes, an honoured ancestor.

But, modern instruments are almost entirely made from genetically enhanced livestock leather, and osteoplastics, instead of bone.

Some argue that it's just not the same, and that the music has lost its essential essence.

Others just bang their synthetic drums louder to compensate.

Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#13 - 2016-06-13 02:57:52 UTC
I've been informed of a printing error in our posters. Just to make it clear, the festival is the first weekend in July, Friday-Saturday.
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#14 - 2016-06-13 03:52:12 UTC
Stitcher wrote:

In my hangar, all the boom and fweep are created with repurposed projectile ammunition cases, chains, wires, hydraulic engines, steam valves and etc.

The crew called it 'Factory Jazz'.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Neph
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
Heiian Conglomerate
#15 - 2016-06-13 04:19:47 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Stitcher wrote:

In my hangar, all the boom and fweep are created with repurposed projectile ammunition cases, chains, wires, hydraulic engines, steam valves and etc.

The crew called it 'Factory Jazz'.

That's funny; we've got the same thing at Svauklat family renunions, except we call it 'We've Started Dancing Already And Nobody Brought A ******* Speaker Array'

~ Gariushi YC110 // Midular YC115 // Yanala YC115 ~

"Orte Jaitovalte sitasuyti ne obuetsa useuut ishu. Ketsiak ishiulyn." -Yakiya Tovil-Toba-taisoka

Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#16 - 2016-06-25 21:56:26 UTC
Unfortunately, I'm going to be busy with a cultural festival in my home district of Caille until the middle of the week after next. Had there not been a scheduling conflict, I would have looked into perhaps attending or even performing. Perhaps next year.

Hope the festivities go well and without undue amounts of trouble.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#17 - 2016-06-28 13:29:51 UTC
Remember folks, this is happening this weekend! If you ever wanted to join me in a drum circle (or uhm...another kind of circle, BlinkBlink) this may be your best chance. I'll bring an extra Jam-bay along (and some of my own homegrown Harroule dryweed.)
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#18 - 2016-07-01 12:43:50 UTC
Yay, the Landfall Festival opens today, 16:00 Eden Standard Time.
Shuttles to the venue will be available at all regular trade hubs from 14:00 EST onwards, courtesy of the Alexylva Paradox. Shuttles will run for the entire weekend from trade hubs to the Foundation City Starport ((Channel)).

Cool