These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I discover new EVE Online ^^

Author
marVLs
#1 - 2016-05-08 15:29:57 UTC
Came back to game after >1year break, and first time i saw EVE as not only spreadsheet but a really cool and fancy game with it's own unique atmosphere, how is that possible You ask? Well...
- big screen (24")
- max graphic options
- new orbit camera with deep of field view checked as on
- chill attitude with approach for just play and have fun not maximaze my income etc

I take Straitos, fitted it for HS combat site exploration and go for adventure Bear My eyes were amazed by what i saw Shocked new camera give new life to game, deep of field helped with scale problem (but still much work to be done). My Straitos looked really great from up close, i was able to see moving antena, drone bays etc, all this bathed in new star flares effect.
Now get into combat and get instant sci-fi nerd **** because of those new shield effects, but that's not all, my Straitos tank like it should (armor) and those new armor damage effects are just fantastic. Plus warp speed changes (thanks to them ships moving feel now a lot better, they don't so often turn around on instant) and all of this give a option to play eve like a different game.

But one thing didn't fit to all of this... it's the UI Blink I suspect CCP have new or alternate UI in mind, well time will tell.

Btw. how was my trip? Outstanding, one time some dude steal my 4/10 ded loot (but only overseer effect), other time i steal a loot from other dude Pirate I played around 4h, without "maximaze my income" pressure, get ~440mil and have fun like never before in EVE (manually flying into asteroid interior in serp 4/10 first room was also cool element).

Of course those camera options ain't best way to PVP or be maximum efficient but in future who know... Overall im suspect that this game look and feel could be potential better for new players because it gives more immersion.

Now im even more convinced to buy 34" curved ultrawide Big smile

Congrats to EVE art team and everyone at CCP who helped with those functions Cool Keep them alive and develope more of them
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#2 - 2016-05-08 15:31:35 UTC
I want pledge 20bn

Happy adventures!

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

marVLs
#3 - 2016-05-08 18:46:38 UTC
Also is there a way to change tracking object position in new orbit view camera?
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#4 - 2016-05-16 00:19:41 UTC
Do the bump.

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Galaxxis
Unicorn Rampage
#5 - 2016-05-16 00:29:30 UTC
If your game looked like an actual spreadsheet before, then yeah you were probably due for an upgrade. How'd you get it to run on UNIVAC in the first place?
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#6 - 2016-05-16 00:39:54 UTC
marVLs wrote:
Also is there a way to change tracking object position in new orbit view camera?

1. Set Camera to Orbit
2. Shift+C

Yeah I know it's bs that you have to do loops when CCP removed the old camera.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!