These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

New skill called "surgery"

Author
Dr Minx
J A V A
#1 - 2016-03-30 13:19:23 UTC
ccp should bring out a new skill called "surgery" so you can remove implants from corpses
Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#2 - 2016-03-30 14:09:28 UTC
been suggested and rejected oh so many times.

think about it, carefully, just for a second: Do you REALLY think giving lowsec smartbombers ready access to THAT kind of wealth is A Good Thing(tm)?

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Firh
Duct Solutions
#3 - 2016-04-01 11:18:17 UTC
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
been suggested and rejected oh so many times.

think about it, carefully, just for a second: Do you REALLY think giving lowsec smartbombers ready access to THAT kind of wealth is A Good Thing(tm)?

Yes.

Lets drown the carebear cries and be honest here. What do nullsec pirates have to play for atm?

There's literally NO reason to fly in lowsec except when flying through to get faster from point A to point B . The rats suck, mining sucks and with no people mining or ratting there's only pirates and the occasional lost newbie to kill, neither makes for a very attractive life of piracy.

Then there's the hit to security rating (and podding crashes it faaaast) and the fact that module drops are very cheap, you risk your ship and fit to try and blow up someone's 200+m ship and get maybe 10% of that value in mods dropped.

EVE is about risk vs reward and pirates get great risk risk but precious little reward and isn't it fair that highsec players should consider switching clones if they're gonna traverse lowsec just to save a bit of time?

If CCP cared at all about piracy and lowsec they would introduce something like this, or at least improve the profitability of PvP and the number of players populating lowsec space (and not just huddled up in stations either).
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#4 - 2016-04-01 15:57:36 UTC
Firh wrote:
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
been suggested and rejected oh so many times.

think about it, carefully, just for a second: Do you REALLY think giving lowsec smartbombers ready access to THAT kind of wealth is A Good Thing(tm)?

Yes.

Lets drown the carebear cries and be honest here. What do nullsec pirates have to play for atm?

There's literally NO reason to fly in lowsec except when flying through to get faster from point A to point B . The rats suck, mining sucks and with no people mining or ratting there's only pirates and the occasional lost newbie to kill, neither makes for a very attractive life of piracy.

Then there's the hit to security rating (and podding crashes it faaaast) and the fact that module drops are very cheap, you risk your ship and fit to try and blow up someone's 200+m ship and get maybe 10% of that value in mods dropped.

EVE is about risk vs reward and pirates get great risk risk but precious little reward and isn't it fair that highsec players should consider switching clones if they're gonna traverse lowsec just to save a bit of time?

If CCP cared at all about piracy and lowsec they would introduce something like this, or at least improve the profitability of PvP and the number of players populating lowsec space (and not just huddled up in stations either).



1. It's not pirating, if it's in nullsec.

2. Lowsec has stations and is close to trade hubs. It also has lots of FW targets who live there. If you get any kind of reputation at all, you will get fights every day. Fights will come to you.

3. Pirates don't care about sec status.

4. Players who fly in lowsec on a regular basis, adjust their clones accordingly. And they don't care what happens to the implants after they lose them. Gone is gone.

5. CCP cares about piracy. They love it. It is why they created lowsec at all.

Being able to salvage implants, especially +3's, wouldn't suddenly make a pirates life better. It wouldn't change who you fight, or how the fight turns out. But it would crash the implant market in general, and it would change a part of the EVE economic system.
Bad idea in my opinion, with no real good effects.



Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#5 - 2016-04-01 23:42:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
At the moment of death, your brain is scanned to create the infomorph that is transmitted to the medical cloning station.

The scanning process is fatal, and also destroys implants which are biologically a part of your body once installed.
Krevnos
Back Door Burglars
#6 - 2016-04-02 16:45:27 UTC
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
been suggested and rejected oh so many times.

think about it, carefully, just for a second: Do you REALLY think giving lowsec smartbombers ready access to THAT kind of wealth is A Good Thing(tm)?


Actually, yes. Why not? Just make the drop rate low (say 25% per implant at max skill). Would actually be a very nice feature!
Operative X10-4
Doomheim
#7 - 2016-05-21 01:43:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Operative X10-4
Best idea ever.... makes sence, and give a real meaning for those who collect bodies in eve. It should be done, eve is a harsh and dark enviroment, somehow it remembers cyberpunk when people steal limbs and organs from others for the high tech stuff.

FOREVER PIRATE 07 FLY DANGEROUSLY.

FullBoat
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2016-06-11 11:33:50 UTC
Taking them out of corpses is a BAD idea.

But, I could see them doing something like this to remove your OWN implants. If you die with them in your head, they're dead, and you would have to be docked to be able to do it. So, you can't do it before a fight, then re-implant them later.
Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2016-06-14 15:16:48 UTC
This got me thinking, so this is my idea of how it could work... hehe

Perhaps let them be removed, but as parts to make new implants. When removed the chance of one being intact is rather random below 60% chance of success.

Add in a new skill for removing implants from a corpse, the skill book needs some insane skills in order to learn such a feat. Thus creating a new economy.

You could also add in a new feature with these new implants, since this kinda practise is frowned upon in the regard of using implants from a corpse. Well because these implants will become rather unstable, in the regards of using a gate jump. it could fry the implant killing the player.

Research on the topic hints that its not random, but after [insert amount of gate jumps, renders the implant unstable] , once the implant has gotten to this stage in its life. Every jump will increase the chance of the implant to fail.

These implants can only be sold at Pirate faction stations to the LP vendor agent, these new agents are rather interesting in that they will actually give you missions to complete for corpse hunting / pod hunting & giving them the implants.

The agent will give you LP, ISK & a location of a corpse. Be warned location of a corpse will only be given once more then 5 players have picked up the mission. The corpse will be locked to these 5 players, & will despawn after 45minutes of accepting the mission. (If a player without the mission attacks a player thats within 100km of the corpse they can also loot the corpse.)

Only players using these implants or players that have trained the skill can get these missions from these new agents.

What ya tink ? ShockedPBlink



EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Holznar'ar Eoner
Anomalous Existence
Spatial Instability
#10 - 2016-06-16 22:05:26 UTC
Wtf pirates gravitate to loot. Htfu and relocate.
Astrid Farnsworth
Broke and Famous
#11 - 2016-07-15 04:05:43 UTC
Dr Minx wrote:
ccp should bring out a new skill called "surgery" so you can remove implants from corpses


Might be the problem is that this would implay thay if you dead you louse the skill that the surgery take out, or atleast the sp.

"Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics." - Gen. Robert H. Barrow, USMC (Commandant of the Marine Corps) noted in 1980**strong text**

Sequester Risalo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2016-07-18 16:25:52 UTC
While we're at it let's introduce a skill called "mechanical surgery" which allows you to cut intact rigs from wrecks. It's the same thing really.
Christopher Mabata
Sentinel Incorporium
#13 - 2016-09-11 16:22:40 UTC
Every single time this gets suggested the generally community shoots the idea down, and yet here we are again

Part of the point of implants is theyre designed to be single use, either you use them and have them until you die or you decide not to and rip them out for good. Harvesting implants from corpses not only means that you now have to code them INTO the corpses that drop but you also have to account for decades of clones in station containers throughout new eden and the idea that a commodity based off the aspect of permanent loss just like ships that get destroyed now suddenly has to deal with an influx of extra pre used implants flooding them market while everyone harvests them which is no good for a lot of people.

This is literally like saying "Oh my Raven Blew up, BUT Thanks to whateveryouwanttocallthisskill 5 I got a brand new unfitted raven out of the wreckage of my old one at 0 cost to me!"'

Seriously it sounds like a bad used car salesman add on late night TV

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Isaac Armer
The Soup Kitchen
#14 - 2016-09-13 15:11:26 UTC
Firh wrote:
Yes.

Lets drown the carebear cries and be honest here. What do nullsec pirates have to play for atm?

There's literally NO reason to fly in lowsec except when flying through to get faster from point A to point B . The rats suck, mining sucks and with no people mining or ratting there's only pirates and the occasional lost newbie to kill, neither makes for a very attractive life of piracy.

Then there's the hit to security rating (and podding crashes it faaaast) and the fact that module drops are very cheap, you risk your ship and fit to try and blow up someone's 200+m ship and get maybe 10% of that value in mods dropped.

EVE is about risk vs reward and pirates get great risk risk but precious little reward and isn't it fair that highsec players should consider switching clones if they're gonna traverse lowsec just to save a bit of time?

If CCP cared at all about piracy and lowsec they would introduce something like this, or at least improve the profitability of PvP and the number of players populating lowsec space (and not just huddled up in stations either).


Why are you talking as if maximizing profitability is the goal of everyone in EVE?

There are rewards beyond ISK in this game.
Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2016-09-23 00:50:13 UTC
As it was, so shall it be.

No.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Scotsman Howard
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#16 - 2016-09-23 14:07:14 UTC
We do people keep replying to this thread? It is dead for months and then gets dragged back up top.

LaraJade Cotton
Almost Dangerous
Stranger Danger.
#17 - 2016-10-07 13:26:10 UTC
And a module to turn empty bodies to gas that you can use to fuel your tower/citadel :)

Want to try wormhole life? Send me a message!

We're an active PVP Wormhole corporation living in a C4 with a C3/C5 static. Main timezone is EU-TZ.

PopeUrban
El Expedicion
Flames of Exile
#18 - 2016-11-07 23:58:58 UTC  |  Edited by: PopeUrban
No.

Implants are one of the few things hisec mission bears can use to make money. Creating a way to loot implants reduces the demand for new implants, which in turn reduces the market pool for those bears. The other LP stuff they can market is faction ships/bps, and faction ammo.

If you reduce the market pool, and thus the profitability for implants, those guys are all going to stop trying to sell them, moving to procusing more ammo and faction ships in stead. With a larger supply of this stuff and unchanged demand comes more competition in the market, which ultimately leads to them making less money on those LP goods as well. You could figure they'd just stop farming LP, and the supply would normalize, but mission runners aren't running missions for the PVE ISK. They're running missions because they don't wanna pvp, mine, or hack cans and still want to make solo ISK. They're not going to stop LP farming, they're going to keep doing it and just make less money.

That's great for everyone that's buying LP **** from them, sure, cheaper stuff, but I don't think increasing the QOL of one pool of players by screwing over another completely unrelated pool of players is a great idea.

Hisec mission runners have a rough enough time making ISK already. They do some of the most boring content in the game, need fairly expensive ships to do it quickly, it's repetitive, and the only saving grace is that it gives them marketable stuff because the rest of us don't want to bother to grind out the same 15 missions over and over. I'm not suggesting making it easier on them, but there doesn't seem to be any good reason to make it harder on them.

While it might be fun to pod someone and take their implants, think about how laughably dumb it would be after a month when literally everyone has trained up the skill. People wouldn't give a ship about getting podded any more because they're sitting on massive stacks of looted implants.

If you want to improve non FW losec (and I think that's a great idea) it doesn't start by screwing over hisec players they literally never interact with. It starts by giving non-pirates a reason to go to losec to do things they can't do better in null or wspace.

You're not going to convince anyone that's not already a pirate, and already living in losec to go there with this change.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#19 - 2016-11-08 14:35:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
god i would love this but id also hate it, everyone would be smartbombing everywhere

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2016-11-21 09:57:15 UTC
PopeUrban wrote:
No.

Implants are one of the few things hisec mission bears can use to make money. Creating a way to loot implants reduces the demand for new implants, which in turn reduces the market pool for those bears. The other LP stuff they can market is faction ships/bps, and faction ammo.

If you reduce the market pool, and thus the profitability for implants, those guys are all going to stop trying to sell them, moving to procusing more ammo and faction ships in stead. With a larger supply of this stuff and unchanged demand comes more competition in the market, which ultimately leads to them making less money on those LP goods as well. You could figure they'd just stop farming LP, and the supply would normalize, but mission runners aren't running missions for the PVE ISK. They're running missions because they don't wanna pvp, mine, or hack cans and still want to make solo ISK. They're not going to stop LP farming, they're going to keep doing it and just make less money.

That's great for everyone that's buying LP **** from them, sure, cheaper stuff, but I don't think increasing the QOL of one pool of players by screwing over another completely unrelated pool of players is a great idea.

Hisec mission runners have a rough enough time making ISK already. They do some of the most boring content in the game, need fairly expensive ships to do it quickly, it's repetitive, and the only saving grace is that it gives them marketable stuff because the rest of us don't want to bother to grind out the same 15 missions over and over. I'm not suggesting making it easier on them, but there doesn't seem to be any good reason to make it harder on them.

Just want to add: It's not only 'high-sec carebears' who will be affected. Actually all implant suppliers will have decline in sell. Snakes, Genolution, etc... all implants will fall in price.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

12Next page