These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
7 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

[Citadel] Tweak to Black Ops jump fatigue bonus

First post First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-03-20 19:30:20 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Hey everyone. We're planning on making a targeted tweak to Black Ops battleships in the Citadel expansion and wanted to start gathering your feedback.

This change would improve the Black Ops jump fatigue reduction role bonus to 75%, from the current 50%. This effectively doubles the strength of the bonus.

This is obviously not the only change that we could make to Black Ops, and we obviously aren't treating it as a complete re-balance of the class. This is a tweak to one specific bonus that will hopefully improve the strength of Black Ops in a jumping/bridging role and allow us to observe the behavior changes that result.

Shout out to the representatives on CSM X, especially Sort Dragon, who brought up this as a topic of discussion at the recent summit. The CSM 11 election is ongoing right now, and if you haven't voted yet I strongly encourage you to go ahead and do so right here.

Let us know what you think about this Black Ops change in this thread. Thanks!

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

#2 - 2016-03-20 19:37:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Linus Gorp
FIRST!

CCP Fozzie wrote:
This change would improve the Black Ops jump fatigue reduction role bonus to 75%, from the current 50%. This effectively doubles the strength of the bonus.


I ******* love you, man! ♥

PS: Does this have anything to do with me asking CCP Larrikin (at least I think it was him :P) to poke you about blops rebalance? :P

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Caldari State
#3 - 2016-03-20 19:39:44 UTC
THIS MAKES ME HAPPY
Wrecking Machine.
#4 - 2016-03-20 19:41:30 UTC
Thank you Fozzie!
Spaceship Samurai
#5 - 2016-03-20 19:46:06 UTC
This sounds like an excellent change. Very eager for it. Big smile
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2016-03-20 19:46:16 UTC
That's good to hear.

Another recommendation is Blops battleships need to get those t2 resists at the penalty of have +50% cycle time for MJDs or something... just an idea.
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2016-03-20 19:50:07 UTC
I would have your babies if I could!
#8 - 2016-03-20 19:50:21 UTC
This is a good step in the right direction.

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Dumb Crippled Alliance
#9 - 2016-03-20 19:50:57 UTC
was about time
Brave Collective
#10 - 2016-03-20 19:51:37 UTC
Will this apply only to the battleship itself, or also to other ships taking covert bridges?

I would worry that without it applying to ships being bridged, blopsing will remain a fatigue-juggling annoyance for most groups, beyond those able to form a fleet of solely Blops BSes.
Shadow Cartel
#11 - 2016-03-20 19:51:57 UTC
I dislike you and Sort slightly less now. +1
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2016-03-20 19:55:41 UTC
Kinera Anurin wrote:
Will this apply only to the battleship itself, or also to other ships taking covert bridges?

I would worry that without it applying to ships being bridged, blopsing will remain a fatigue-juggling annoyance for most groups, beyond those able to form a fleet of solely Blops BSes.


It applies to both.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2016-03-20 19:56:08 UTC
Only 2 years late. But I guess it is a start.

Could you now also start making fatigue mass based? So that a titan jumping gets a full day and a simple frigate an hour? I mean I know you guys don't play the game but travelling through a region is a pain in the ass now. Why can't we get the advantage of being a sov holder and using our own JB network? Why the hell are there JBs then? Can we then have a JB that spans en entire region and you can simply pick to what end-point cyno exit in a system it goes? Can we like literally have anything, at all, that makes like a tiny bit of sense for a sov holder/defender?

Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2016-03-20 19:56:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Fifth Blade
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone. We're planning on making a targeted tweak to Black Ops battleships in the Citadel expansion and wanted to start gathering your feedback.

This change would improve the Black Ops jump fatigue reduction role bonus to 75%, from the current 50%. This effectively doubles the strength of the bonus.

Thank god, finally. This will make single-character, local blops use viable again.

That said, I'm still going to finish training the 30 spare blops/capital alts. Because the fatigue mechanic is dumb and only works through making it so miserable to actively use them (with any frequency) that people simply do something else, instead.

Fortunately we'll all just work around it by making more alts. What a well thought out mechanic.
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2016-03-20 19:57:51 UTC
I've never flown a Black Ops.
Solyaris Chtonium
#16 - 2016-03-20 20:02:10 UTC
Good change, +1
Melon
#17 - 2016-03-20 20:02:31 UTC
Gleb Koskov wrote:
I've never flown a Black Ops.


You'd be a perfect candidate for a blops focus group.
Brave Collective
#18 - 2016-03-20 20:06:14 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Kinera Anurin wrote:
Will this apply only to the battleship itself, or also to other ships taking covert bridges?

I would worry that without it applying to ships being bridged, blopsing will remain a fatigue-juggling annoyance for most groups, beyond those able to form a fleet of solely Blops BSes.


It applies to both.


Awesome, this a great QoL change and really brings blops back towards what it should be.
Solyaris Chtonium
#19 - 2016-03-20 20:06:33 UTC
Linus Gorp wrote:
FIRST!

CCP Fozzie wrote:
This change would improve the Black Ops jump fatigue reduction role bonus to 75%, from the current 50%. This effectively doubles the strength of the bonus.


I ******* love you, man! ♥


I am so NOT surprised you have got here first Linus :p
Northern Coalition.
#20 - 2016-03-20 20:10:35 UTC
What about the rest of ships effected by jump fatigue?
7 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump