These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve Online Stock Exchange - Invest your isk or buy Shares

Author
Zang V
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-03-17 10:52:52 UTC
Eve Online Stock exchange was something that i wanted to create for a long time. It took me a couple months to perfect how i would work this project out since giving money away is hard for everyone.

The Corporation has one simple plan of investment: the costumer deposit isk in the corporation and he will receive 0,5% of income based on the isk that he deposited. The costumer will be able to withdraw his money every Monday if he wants to.
Making calculations would be 15% of return per month.

The corporation offers the possibility for people to buy shares of it. 100% of the shares will be available for sale, since the corporation only have me as CEO to prevent takeovers. All workers of the project are outside of the corporation and hidden to everyone to don't mess with the way the corporation makes its profits.

The corporation started with an investment of 20 billion isk, and that is what i am using for the start. if i see a need to inject more isk into the project to secure the share holders and the costumers i will do so.

100.000 shares is the number of shares that the project begun, so at the moment each shares is worth 200.000 isk
Shares value will change depending on the number of shares available.
Every time the corporation sells all its shares, a vote will be initiated to create more shares. It will be on the shareholders to decide if it will be approved or not.
Dividends will be payed at the beginning of each month and all 100% of the profit of the corporation will be payed.

This Corporation gets profits trough negotiations and PVE.

If you want to know more about the project or if you want to make part of it, join a channel in game called:
Eve Online Stock Exchange

Thanks everyone for at least spending your time reading this.
o/ Best regards
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#2 - 2016-03-17 11:03:29 UTC
Nice to see you at least put in the effort to spellcheck your pitch.
Magnu Stormhawk
#3 - 2016-03-17 13:45:31 UTC
Zang V wrote:
It took me a couple months to perfect how i would work this project

Did you mean seconds? Honestly, I can't find a single paragraph that makes any sense.

You are talking about a stock exchange that appears to be actually part bank, part IPO and no actual reference to stock trading. All of which is completely vague and suggests you have done no research whatsoever about what investors are interested in and how similar ventures have been handled in the past.

Some constructive suggestions:

If you are actually wanting to run a stock exchange - look up the old BSAC exchange, it ran for a long time but is closed now

If its a sort of bank you are wanting to run - look up EBANK / DBANK / Fury bank. You'll see a theme.

If you are trying to run an IPO - look up every other IPO that's ever been run, you'll find anything successful didn't have anything to do with 'negotiations and PVE', and they sure as hell put a better offer together than this.

If it's a scam you are trying to run - it was bad. Really bad.
Caldari Lanyaie
Dead Rune Holder
#4 - 2016-03-17 13:45:34 UTC
Oh no...we have another one...

This one should have an outcome different from the othersRoll

I will patiently wait for the first 20b pledges to appear.
Elizabeth Norn
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#5 - 2016-03-17 14:08:06 UTC
You're supposed to prepledge with alts before the shitposters turn up Bear.
Zang V
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2016-03-17 14:15:54 UTC
Magnu Stormhawk wrote:
Zang V wrote:
It took me a couple months to perfect how i would work this project

Did you mean seconds? Honestly, I can't find a single paragraph that makes any sense.

You are talking about a stock exchange that appears to be actually part bank, part IPO and no actual reference to stock trading. All of which is completely vague and suggests you have done no research whatsoever about what investors are interested in and how similar ventures have been handled in the past.

Some constructive suggestions:

If you are actually wanting to run a stock exchange - look up the old BSAC exchange, it ran for a long time but is closed now

If its a sort of bank you are wanting to run - look up EBANK / DBANK / Fury bank. You'll see a theme.

If you are trying to run an IPO - look up every other IPO that's ever been run, you'll find anything successful didn't have anything to do with 'negotiations and PVE', and they sure as hell put a better offer together than this.

If it's a scam you are trying to run - it was bad. Really bad.

Stock exchange was only mentioned in the name of the corporation, and its just a name.
This is not a bank or at least i didn't try to make it appear so.

It just has a investment plan where you get a % of the isk you put in. This corporation dont make any loan or contract any debt with anyone.

At the moment 1 share has a value around 200k isk so if you want to give it a try before you make speculations on the project i will be glad to sell you just 1 share.
Give it a try, buying and selling shares in eve was never easy, and all my efforts now are on making profit for the shareholders.

If you don't feel like it you can always wait a few months and see a larger picture of the project, than you can tell me your opinion.
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#7 - 2016-03-17 14:27:22 UTC
Your pitch was really bad. It reads like it has been put through google translate.

The name is unfortunate, as it's both misleading and a deterrent to customers.

If you are offering fixed 15% monthly returns then you would be better off doing a bond. It has far more chance of filling than this.

Shares in EVE are terrible, don't use them unless you have no other choice.
Nero Farway
Guns-R-Us Toy Company
Weapons Of Mass Production.
#8 - 2016-03-17 14:43:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Nero Farway
Isn't a stock exchange a place where people buy and sell different shares?

You even used the words "deposit" and "withdraw". This offer has nothing to do with shares at all, it's an uncollateralized loan with an uncertain interest rate that is based on how good the borrower is at making ISK in the game, yet there are no references or even statements about that skill.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#9 - 2016-03-17 18:27:21 UTC
I want pledge 20bn

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

0000000000ZERO0000000000
Zero Zentharis
#10 - 2016-03-18 02:21:39 UTC
Zang V wrote:

.....negotiations.....?

Elizabeth Norn wrote:
You're supposed to prepledge with alts before the shitposters turn up Bear.

Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#11 - 2016-03-18 13:16:55 UTC
If it took you a few months to perfect this business plan of your, where is it? I only see a 2 second rather poor elevator pitch with a bit to few interesting part?

Can we see the actual business plan, if there is one?

Sequester Risalo
German Corps of Engineers 17
Federation of Respect Honor Passion Alliance.
#12 - 2016-03-18 16:23:18 UTC
0000000000ZERO0000000000 wrote:
Zang V wrote:

.....negotiations.....?

I was wondering about that too. Maybe it is what Babel Fish selected instead of trade.

I also like this one.

Zang V wrote:
The costumer will be able to withdraw his money every Monday if he wants to.

Could I get a funny hat instead of a costume, please? I like funny hats.
Flying Squidwolf
Indigo Media
#13 - 2016-03-19 17:10:14 UTC
Zang V wrote:
Eve Online Stock exchange was something that i wanted to create for a long time. It took me a couple months to perfect how i would work this project out since giving money away is hard for everyone.

The Corporation has one simple plan of investment: the costumer deposit isk in the corporation and he will receive 0,5% of income based on the isk that he deposited. The costumer will be able to withdraw his money every Monday if he wants to.

The corporation offers the possibility for people to buy shares of it. 100% of the shares will be available for sale, since the corporation only have me as CEO to prevent takeovers. All workers of the project are outside of the corporation and hidden to everyone to don't mess with the way the corporation makes its profits.

The corporation started with an investment of 20 billion isk, and that is what i am using for the start. if i see a need to inject more isk into the project to secure the share holders and the costumers i will do so.

100.000 shares is the number of shares that the project begun, so at the moment each shares is worth 200.000 isk
Every time the corporation sells all its shares, a vote will be initiated to create more shares. It will be on the shareholders to decide if it will be approved or not.
Dividends will be payed at the beginning of each month and all 100% of the profit of the corporation will be payed.

If you want to know more about the project or if you want to make part of it, join a channel in game called:

o/ Best regards

I don't quite think you know what Shares are, it sounds like you are selling unsecured Bonds in a Corporation which you don't really explain whats going on.
Writs Hakomairos
Absolute Order XVIII
Absolute Will
#14 - 2016-05-14 23:04:43 UTC
What he is describing is a hedge fund.

There is no stock in such a company, as investments are made as capital to be thrown around by the owner in hopes of profit for the investees instead of them buying actual shares which would mean purchasing ownership equity in the organization.

He states that the person could withdraw their money on Mondays, which reflects the calculations he would have to make if a withdrawal order was put in place. If this were actual shares of a company, however many shares that the individual wanted to sell would already have a price on them: the total number of shares/the total value of the organization.

A friend of mine runs a very (very) small fund and he does these calculations quarterly and imposes a penalty if the individuals want to withdraw their money outside of the timeframe he allowed.

A hedge fund is a "black box" that you allow your money to rest in while the directors work their magic and hopefully return the amount they have guaranteed, but if the company becomes insolvent, any guarantees are equally... ephemeral.

I am not bashing the idea, because there are real hedge funds that actually work, but without some type of reasonable evidence that this would really generate returns and that it is a scalable proposition, there is little hope in attracting capsuleers that guard their isk so well.
Solonius Rex
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2016-05-15 00:58:23 UTC
Zang V wrote:

o/ Best regards

You keep writing "costumers" . As I am not someone who makes costumes, I cannot endorse this.

also, profits will be dumped into a trough?

All in all, bang up job. Seems like there's no plan as to how anyone would make money(except for you), but cool story bro.