These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fozziesov is boring

Author
Tian Toralen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-03-08 23:28:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Tian Toralen
Jump fatigue - ok
Systems getting more powerful if you live there, and weaker and easier to capture if you don't live there - ok. Good changes, these make sense.

Entosis links, instead of giant guns - not ok. It's boring and it feels gimmiky.
Quote:
"Gimmiky": a. A device employed to cheat, deceive, or trick, especially a mechanism for the secret and dishonest control of gambling apparatus.

In the long run - not fun. People try a space game to see at the end of it giant ships with giant guns, in giant battles. Well - we have those somewhere, but now the sov system depends on "entosis links" - because someone wanted to give a chance to people without big guns to ... To do what? I used entosis links, and they are totally boring to use, even more boring when I knew I just used them to troll, because that's what they allowed me to do.

Entosis links diminish EVE. It's like some hackers discovered a bug - to take down solar systems with some hacks, and thats' how things remained since, nobody fixed the bug. The inspiring giant ships of ancient times are less inspiring now.

Want a system? Bring 1000 attackers in frigates, or 10 in dreanoughts. Or bring 50 in frigates, if the system was not used and is easy to capture (that was a good change). Not just - 1 with an "entosis link" - to troll. This ability does not add anything good to the game. Let people shoot things with the guns on their ships, this is fun.
Merchant Rova
Tidal Lock
Vapor-Lock
#2 - 2016-04-27 15:51:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Merchant Rova
Entosis links diminish the marketability of a war ("look at all these big ships") but make the wars more fun for individual people. It encourages smaller gameplay, more focused on the individual player rather than "LOOK AT ALL MY CAPS". Seems like people enjoy it so I don't see why not to keep it ingame.

Edit: I should mention that goons are better suited for fozziesov 'cause your leadership really loves Sword Fleet.
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-05-17 11:39:22 UTC
Tian Toralen wrote:
Jump fatigue - ok
Systems getting more powerful if you live there, and weaker and easier to capture if you don't live there - ok. Good changes, these make sense.

Entosis links, instead of giant guns - not ok. It's boring and it feels gimmiky.
Quote:
"Gimmiky": a. A device employed to cheat, deceive, or trick, especially a mechanism for the secret and dishonest control of gambling apparatus.

In the long run - not fun. People try a space game to see at the end of it giant ships with giant guns, in giant battles. Well - we have those somewhere, but now the sov system depends on "entosis links" - because someone wanted to give a chance to people without big guns to ... To do what? I used entosis links, and they are totally boring to use, even more boring when I knew I just used them to troll, because that's what they allowed me to do.

Entosis links diminish EVE. It's like some hackers discovered a bug - to take down solar systems with some hacks, and thats' how things remained since, nobody fixed the bug. The inspiring giant ships of ancient times are less inspiring now.

Want a system? Bring 1000 attackers in frigates, or 10 in dreanoughts. Or bring 50 in frigates, if the system was not used and is easy to capture (that was a good change). Not just - 1 with an "entosis link" - to troll. This ability does not add anything good to the game. Let people shoot things with the guns on their ships, this is fun.

Have you ever ground a region out before? It's not actually very much fun, even with dreads, supers and Titans. The entosis mechanic is a little dull granted, but fighting over structures with millions of HP was horrible. Perhaps in future the ADM can be linked to the HP of structures in a system.