These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Dev blog: Project Discovery needs You!

First post First post
Author
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-01-22 16:06:15 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
We are excited to give you an update about Project Discovery, the real life Human Protein Research project in EVE Online.

Project Discovery is waiting for you on the test server Singularity and we invite you to start testing this feature!

Please read more about this great initiative in CCP Scarpia's dev blog Project Discovery needs You! and provide plenty of feedback.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Karash Amerius
The Seven Shadows
Scotch and Tea
#2 - 2016-01-22 16:09:38 UTC
So we can become real life scientists in Eve now eh?

Not bad.

Karash Amerius Operative, Sutoka

Mr Grape Drink
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2016-01-22 16:12:37 UTC
The comments link on the dev blog itself leads to the skill trade dev blog comments post
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2016-01-22 16:13:51 UTC
Mr Grape Drink wrote:
The comments link on the dev blog itself leads to the skill trade dev blog comments post

Oh dang! Thanks for the notification, I have updated the link.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#5 - 2016-01-22 16:21:25 UTC
will test out shortly
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#6 - 2016-01-22 16:28:32 UTC
Good luck with this

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#7 - 2016-01-22 16:30:57 UTC
Hey there!

I'm on Singularity now. How do I try out Discovery? :)

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

CCP Paradox
#8 - 2016-01-22 16:33:02 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Hey there!

I'm on Singularity now. How do I try out Discovery? :)


We're just getting it set up, and should not take more than an hour. I will reply again here when it is up.

CCP Paradox | EVE QA | Team Phenomenon

Space Magician

Moloney
Doobie Den
#9 - 2016-01-22 16:34:36 UTC
You guys come up with some crap some times.

But this is genius!

Well done for getting such a project integrated with a game!
Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#10 - 2016-01-22 16:35:23 UTC
CCP Paradox wrote:
Makoto Priano wrote:
Hey there!

I'm on Singularity now. How do I try out Discovery? :)


We're just getting it set up, and should not take more than an hour. I will reply again here when it is up.


Awesome. Thanks, Paradox! :D

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Shinzann
Moosearmy
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#11 - 2016-01-22 16:41:41 UTC
Sign me up.
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2016-01-22 16:43:01 UTC
So over time will there be multiple research projects associated with this or will always be completely focused on one research goal at a time (if the research goal ever changes at all, of course)?
Midori Tsu
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#13 - 2016-01-22 16:44:33 UTC
What are the rewards going to be like? is it a baseline of say 500 lp that increases with the rating?
CCP RedDawn
C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2016-01-22 16:48:45 UTC
Ned Thomas wrote:
So over time will there be multiple research projects associated with this or will always be completely focused on one research goal at a time (if the research goal ever changes at all, of course)?



This project is set for the Human Protein Atlas for now, but hopefully you can see the other possibilities in the future for other types of research.
They would still have to fit thematically within the EVE experience however.

Team Genesis

Harkin Issier
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2016-01-22 16:49:24 UTC
Holy **** this is amazing. I'll definitely be contributing.

Do I need to talk to a specific agent to start this, or will we be able to access it from anywhere immediately after patch?
Sarrian Calda
Perkone
Caldari State
#16 - 2016-01-22 16:51:21 UTC
CCP Paradox wrote:


We're just getting it set up, and should not take more than an hour. I will reply again here when it is up.


Still waiting~ Blink
CCP RedDawn
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2016-01-22 16:55:22 UTC
Midori Tsu wrote:
What are the rewards going to be like? is it a baseline of say 500 lp that increases with the rating?


Currently, the amount of LP you gain is in direct correlation with your Accuracy Rating, with 500 SOE LP being the payout for a 100% score on a single sample.
So a 1% score will grant you 5 LP.

Please be aware however that these values and the overall rewards are not finalised and are subject to change before they appear on TQ. (Based on your feedback and our own observations during public testing of course)

Team Genesis

Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2016-01-22 16:55:45 UTC
CCP RedDawn wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
So over time will there be multiple research projects associated with this or will always be completely focused on one research goal at a time (if the research goal ever changes at all, of course)?



This project is set for the Human Protein Atlas for now, but hopefully you can see the other possibilities in the future for other types of research.
They would still have to fit thematically within the EVE experience however.


So Project Discovery will stay focused on the HPA, and if other MMOS projects were to Be hooked up with EvE they would be different projects altogether?

Groovey.
Mercur Fighter
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2016-01-22 17:02:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Mercur Fighter
CCP Phantom wrote:
We are excited to give you an update about Project Discovery, the real life Human Protein Research project in EVE Online.

Project Discovery is waiting for you on the test server Singularity and we invite you to start testing this feature!

Please read more about this great initiative in CCP Scarpia's dev blog Project Discovery needs You! and provide plenty of feedback.



CCP you guys are fricking brilliant.

This is a great way to create a win-win situation that rewards players for their work, and also generates additional revenue for the company.

Could potentially open the door for more tasks or "missions" that Eve players can help real life tech companies perform, with ISK rewards.
Jeven HouseBenyo
Vanity Thy Name Is
#20 - 2016-01-22 17:03:45 UTC
Sweet! Folding Home makes it to Sisi. Will try to send an alt over, logging in there's still a bit of a challenge since still on the 'Classic' Launcher.

>Jeven

Minny boat flyer, unofficial squeaky wheel.

'Game Ethics and Morality Monitor' I remember promises.

Snark at 11-24/7/365.25. Overshare? Yup.

Yes it's my fault. And if you don't staap it I'll do it again. ;-P

No you can't has my stuffs OR my SPs.

123Next pageLast page