These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Terrifying

Author
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#1 - 2015-12-01 15:40:15 UTC
I was jumping, and mid-jump I got this pop-up:

Quote:
The specified proxy or server node (1179448) is dead

So sad, and a little bit unnerving too...

....and when I first tried to post this, I got the 'We Were Ganked!' page. Not good, CCP, not good

...and now I can't log back on. What was funny 'haha' before, is now just funny 'scary'

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

lmmortalist
lmmortality Associates
#2 - 2015-12-01 15:41:09 UTC
Eve is kill
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#3 - 2015-12-01 15:41:52 UTC
lmmortalist wrote:
Eve is kill

You bet

Luckily it's all good now, and I can get back into the game I love

The forums

Bumble's Space Log

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#4 - 2015-12-01 15:42:28 UTC
If they'd stop wasting EVE money on silly nonsense they'd be able to pay the bills and get decent routing.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#5 - 2015-12-01 15:45:48 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
If they'd stop wasting EVE money on silly nonsense they'd be able to pay the bills and get decent routing.

That would be awesome, but unlikely, sadly...my hopes were raised when I was able to log on again, but now I'm stuck at undocking confirmed

Oh well, at least it's not boot.ini

Bumble's Space Log

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#6 - 2015-12-01 15:47:58 UTC
I'm in on multiple accounts atm.
Raya Su Rollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2015-12-01 15:48:37 UTC
You're not the only and unfortunatelly neither the first one who got this problem. It's been happening for days and they said soething about an UK ISP who **** up something. It happened at least 3 times in the last two weeks, several times a day. The question is: Why the hell don't they avoid this ISP ? When it happens, at least 5-10k players drop, so it's not an insignifiant problem !
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#8 - 2015-12-01 15:50:19 UTC
It really is strange but, as you said Gregor, we're now in so I guess it's just a blip.

Bumble's Space Log

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#9 - 2015-12-01 15:57:19 UTC
But did you die?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#10 - 2015-12-01 15:59:29 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
But did you die?

Praise Jebus, all is well, thank you kindly Lan Big smile

Bumble's Space Log

John WarpingSlow
#11 - 2015-12-01 16:10:16 UTC
Raya Su Rollard wrote:
It's been happening for days and they said soething about an UK ISP who **** up something. It happened at least 3 times in the last two weeks, several times a day.

Though that's certainly an ongoing issue, we may have an additional issue affecting the EVE servers: Twitter - Eve Status 2015.12.01
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#12 - 2015-12-01 16:22:31 UTC
BUMBLE CALLED PROBLEMS WITH TQ FIRST!

Bumble's Space Log

Dextrome Thorphan
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-12-01 16:28:21 UTC
Raya Su Rollard wrote:
You're not the only and unfortunatelly neither the first one who got this problem. It's been happening for days and they said soething about an UK ISP who **** up something. It happened at least 3 times in the last two weeks, several times a day. The question is: Why the hell don't they avoid this ISP ? When it happens, at least 5-10k players drop, so it's not an insignifiant problem !

Avoid this ISP? So just prevent all users that connect through that ISP from ever connecting to EVE again? Great idea!

Or what are you trying to say?
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#14 - 2015-12-01 16:30:14 UTC
Raya Su Rollard wrote:

I would suggest trying a VPN to connect - I occasionally have socket closed errors, and connecting to the game via VPN makes them magically disappear

Bumble's Space Log

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#15 - 2015-12-01 16:46:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Gregor Parud
Dextrome Thorphan wrote:
Raya Su Rollard wrote:

Avoid this ISP? So just prevent all users that connect through that ISP from ever connecting to EVE again? Great idea!

Or what are you trying to say?

Many ISP don't have actual customers like us, they just route traffic. Companies that get a lot of traffic make deals with ISP like that to pass through their data and you get exactly what you pay for. By avoiding a crappy ISP (slow, hiccups) like that it gets rerouted through another ISP and all of a sudden it'll run a lot better.

That's why sometimes when you run ping plotter you get rerouted through Swaziland or whatever, for no seemingly logical reason. There is a perfectly good reason for it: they're cheaper.
Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2015-12-01 16:54:01 UTC
*Goes to buy first Tengu*

*Tarvel fits, and flies Tengu from Jita, through Uedama to system 20 jumps away*

*Drops cloak, about to initiate warp to WH in this lovely Lowsec system*

Straight

*Heart attack*

Grrr.

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#17 - 2015-12-01 17:06:33 UTC
Killboard says you're good.
Faenir Antollare
Infinite Violence
Trigger Happy.
#18 - 2015-12-01 18:09:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Faenir Antollare
Bumblefck wrote:
I was jumping, and mid-jump I got this pop-up:

Quote:

So sad, and a little bit unnerving too...

....and when I first tried to post this, I got the 'We Were Ganked!' page. Not good, CCP, not good

...and now I can't log back on. What was funny 'haha' before, is now just funny 'scary'

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=458624&find=unread

Some great advice in there Roll

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#19 - 2015-12-01 19:17:18 UTC
I want a pony for Christmas.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#20 - 2015-12-01 21:49:44 UTC
Faenir Antollare wrote:

Some great advice in there Roll

NO U

Bumble's Space Log

12Next page