These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Coalition creation

Author
shadow-storm
CONCORED INTERSTELLAR AFFAIRS
CONCORED ALLIANCE
#1 - 2015-12-01 11:46:56 UTC

I would really like to see new feature of creating Coalitions of alliances like you create alliances of corporations
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
Parasitic Legion.
#2 - 2015-12-01 12:51:59 UTC
There is nothing that you can't do already that this unnecessary addition would add.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#3 - 2015-12-01 13:08:22 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
There is nothing that you can't do already that this unnecessary addition would add.

What about epeen?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

shadow-storm
CONCORED INTERSTELLAR AFFAIRS
CONCORED ALLIANCE
#4 - 2015-12-01 13:37:41 UTC

Ok
Captain Awkward
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-12-01 14:45:37 UTC

You could say there is nothing that a alliance does that could not be ported over to a corp. And yet CCP has put the options for corps to band together.

Over a decade of EvE has shown that even bigger organition structures are used in daily EvE politics.

So even the addition of a simple coalition tag to aliances without any real funktionality like appliing standings on a coalition level or shared chat rooms or wallets would be a reflection of the organisation structures that are used.

Would also help visualizing the power blocks of EvE without intimate and up to date knowllage of who is allied with who.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#6 - 2015-12-01 14:52:53 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:

What about epeen?

What about hearts and minds?

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Lan Wang
Snuffed Out
#7 - 2015-12-01 14:56:01 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

What about epeen?

Are you following me?

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#8 - 2015-12-01 14:56:25 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

What about epeen?

Are you following me?

Are you?!

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Lan Wang
Snuffed Out
#9 - 2015-12-01 14:59:36 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

What about epeen?

Are you following me?

Are you?!

yes i go everywhere i go :)

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#10 - 2015-12-01 20:19:51 UTC
But what about letting us create groups of coalitions too? What about groups of groups of coalitions? ..and lets not forget the groups of the groups of groups of coalitions!

My god.. CCP is missing out on adding more labels and ISK sinks for the creation of said labels!

What about logos for these as well? Can they all be displayed on the ship at the same time? Will there be room on frigates, or will it look like an over-sponsored racecar?!?!?! Can we even display corp logos on our ships yet? WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS??!?!??!

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#11 - 2015-12-01 20:34:51 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
But what about letting us create groups of coalitions too? What about groups of groups of coalitions? ..and lets not forget the groups of the groups of groups of coalitions!

My god.. CCP is missing out on adding more labels and ISK sinks for the creation of said labels!

What about logos for these as well? Can they all be displayed on the ship at the same time? Will there be room on frigates, or will it look like an over-sponsored racecar?!?!?! Can we even display corp logos on our ships yet? WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS??!?!??!

What about it? Why shouldn't ccp give the players the tools?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Merovee
Gorthaur Legion
Imperium Mordor
#12 - 2015-12-01 21:11:01 UTC
How about a coalition icon on the side of space ships? Just having that would make it useful. Blink

Empire, the next new world order.

Vincent Athena
V.I.C.E.
#13 - 2015-12-01 21:47:47 UTC
My idea of what CCP could do:

A coalition is defined as a set of players, corporations, alliances and other coalitions that have a common interest or goal.
A coalition consists of at least one chat channel, one mailing list and one moderator.

So, if CCP did something, all they would really be doing is adding an in-game interface to streamline setting up a chat channel and a mailing list, linking them to a common name, and managing their membership.

I see nothing wrong with streamlining mechanisms to create coalitions.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2015-12-01 22:30:05 UTC

Coalition logos will obviously be to large for ships and only fit on Citadel structures.

A Coalition of Coalitions will be an Axis and their Logos are too large for any structure and will be projected holographically into space.

The Axis logo feature will not be available when playing from an Android device.

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#15 - 2015-12-01 23:22:19 UTC
WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS??!?!??!

If I need to sit down and explain this to you again, we'll have to stop being friends.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Kaska Iskalar
Doomheim
#16 - 2015-12-01 23:43:26 UTC
shadow-storm wrote:

I would really like to see new feature of creating Coalitions of alliances like you create alliances of corporations

I'd really like to see alliances go away.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#17 - 2015-12-02 00:47:47 UTC
I'd like to see people actually accept risk. Coalitions are about not exposing yourself to the risk of other alliance directors disagreeing with you and doing nasty things to your assets.
When the max corp size is 5k & change (Last I looked anyway) I believe you could currently fit half of EVE into a single alliance without any trouble (is there even a limit of Corps in an alliance?).

So there is no need for any kind of formal coalition structure. Just all join a single alliance if you want in game recognition.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#18 - 2015-12-02 04:28:14 UTC
I propose a "create coalition" button where all the alliances interested sign up and then when you click ok it disbands all those alliances, removes all sov, offlines the POSes and locks them out of their own stations. with a popup going "there you go, now start growing a spine you fcking zerg clown".

I should be a dev.
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#19 - 2015-12-02 05:32:13 UTC
Poasting in yet another useless consumption of bandwidth. Cool

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2015-12-02 10:20:02 UTC

Same could be said about alliances. It's about convenience, mostly.
12Next page