These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Remote Sensor Boosting Ship? What happened to it!

Author
Amarisen Gream
Pleasant Peninsula Productions
Digital Vendetta
#1 - 2015-11-30 18:56:37 UTC
I was looking through the ships in game the other day, and I swear the Oneiros had bonuses for remote sensor boosters, but now hows bonuses for remote tracking computers...

In light of this - does CCP need to A) rebalance support ships to cover more types of remote assist or B) give us more ships that have bonuses for providing remote support other than reps.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#2 - 2015-11-30 19:48:57 UTC
Why do we need bonussed remote sebo ships?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#3 - 2015-11-30 20:19:56 UTC
C) none of the above, we don't actually need this.
Amarisen Gream
Digital Vendetta
#4 - 2015-11-30 20:46:37 UTC
Sorry. From memory I thought the Oneiros was a Remote Sebo ship.

And yes. I forgot option C

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

Samwise Everquest
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#5 - 2015-11-30 20:48:08 UTC
So basically you want a ship with a bonus to gate camping.

I like it.

Pras Phil.

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#6 - 2015-11-30 20:51:26 UTC
Bonus to gatecamping hahaha

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#7 - 2015-11-30 22:51:41 UTC
Samwise Everquest wrote:
So basically you want a ship with a bonus to gate camping.

I like it.

I find an alt in a brick tanked Celestis with 5x ReSeBo fitted in the mids does the job just fine.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#8 - 2015-11-30 23:06:04 UTC
It might actually still be a RSB ship
There was a description bug a long time ago. That I thought had been fixed.
Amarisen Gream
Digital Vendetta
#9 - 2015-12-01 04:46:13 UTC
Yeah - basically want a gate camping support ship - to help send some flies home.

Winter Archipelago
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#10 - 2015-12-01 04:55:06 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:
Yeah - basically want a gate camping support ship - to help send some flies home.

Memphizt you a perfect ship for the job. Give it a whirl. It works well. With 50 m3 bandwidth, you can assist a pair of sentries or a full flight of mediums, too boot.
Gen Mo'Kai
DKY Pharmaceuticals
Imaginary Rats
#11 - 2015-12-01 09:53:46 UTC
The tracking link bonus of the Scimitar and Oneiros incorrectly linked to the 'Sensor Linking' skill, which let some people believe that these ships were also applying bonusses to ReSeBo. These bonusses never worked, and this mistake has been fixed by CCP a fairly long time ago.

Introducing focussed Remote Sensor Boosting ships is not useful in this game, since it only promotes insta-locking on gate camps. If you want to lock something faster in a big fleet, get a support ship with a target painter on the target you want to lock with a battleship/carrier/whatever
Amarisen Gream
Digital Vendetta
#12 - 2015-12-01 19:45:20 UTC
Gen Mo'Kai wrote:
The tracking link bonus of the Scimitar and Oneiros incorrectly linked to the 'Sensor Linking' skill, which let some people believe that these ships were also applying bonusses to ReSeBo. These bonusses never worked, and this mistake has been fixed by CCP a fairly long time ago.

Introducing focussed Remote Sensor Boosting ships is not useful in this game, since it only promotes insta-locking on gate camps. If you want to lock something faster in a big fleet, get a support ship with a target painter on the target you want to lock with a battleship/carrier/whatever

Okay. Thank you for clarifying. And yes, I know that a ship with bonuses for Remote SeBos would have been over OP in this game meta.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#13 - 2015-12-02 00:57:48 UTC
A bonus to ReSeBos that only worked for lock range might be interesting as an extreme niche ship. I'm sure that would find a use in wormhole gangs.

If it affects scanres it's going to make the game worse.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Khan Wrenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2015-12-02 02:43:04 UTC
Well if you need to do cheap support, you could try using a griffin. I use one from time to time decked out with ReSeBos and remote tracking computers. Five mids on a T1 frigate gives you a lot of options to support allies in gatecamps.