These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

HELP, EVE KEEP SHUTTING DOWN MY PC..!!

First post First post
Author
CABO4EVER
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2015-11-30 18:29:22 UTC  |  Edited by: CABO4EVER
Please Help..

After installed the latest patch on my PC(i was away for a couple of months) that runs on windows 7, eve keeps shutting it down after a few minutes playing..I unistalled it, and upgraded to windows 10 and reinstalled but it keep happening...

I just activated plex and can't play..Please help (already submited a ticked) please help..!!

Thanks in advance...!!
Tyrendian Biohazard
Better Off Red
Unspoken Alliance.
#2 - 2015-11-30 18:32:11 UTC
You sure it is EVE causing it? I'd be a little (only a little) surprised that a problem like this would persist through a reinstall of not only the game, but the entire OS. Especially if everything is up to date.

How is it shutting down? Gracefully? Or just goes black? Did you check to see if the CPU fan died and its just overheating and shutting down on you? Any other steps you took besides just a reinstall of OS and game?

Also, wrong forums.

Twitch streamer and EVE NT tournament broadcaster.

CCP Darwin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2015-11-30 18:33:23 UTC
The first thing to do is open a support ticket here. Our technical support GMs may be able to help you identify driver issues or other problems that may be causing this.

CCP Darwin  •  Senior Software Engineer, Art & Graphics, EVE Online  •  @mark_wilkins

Daerrol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2015-11-30 18:35:29 UTC
Did you design your computer yourself? Did you get it custom made? Did you upgrade it recently? If you answered "yes" to any of these double check your power supply can handle the processes. I used to have this -exact- same problem. Turns out my power supply couldn't support the new Graphics card I plugged in. Upgraded that, everythign ran great. Also watch your CPU tempurature. Perhaps it's over heating?
CABO4EVER
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-11-30 18:37:20 UTC
Tyrendian Biohazard wrote:
You sure it is EVE causing it? I'd be a little (only a little) surprised that a problem like this would persist through a reinstall of not only the game, but the entire OS. Especially if everything is up to date.

How is it shutting down? Gracefully? Or just goes black? Did you check to see if the CPU fan died and its just overheating and shutting down on you? Any other steps you took besides just a reinstall of OS and game?

Also, wrong forums.

Yes, it's EVE...after uninstalled it, everything works fine and the PC does not shutt down..
It shut down the pc and it stay down, it does not restart...

Thanks..
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#6 - 2015-11-30 18:37:54 UTC
This is mostly just a guess but I'd say it sounds like a hardware issue. Either CPU over heating, or you have some bad ram. in the mean time turning settings down might help.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#7 - 2015-11-30 18:39:18 UTC
This thread has been moved to issues, Workarounds, and localization.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

CABO4EVER
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2015-11-30 18:42:51 UTC
Daerrol wrote:
Did you design your computer yourself? Did you get it custom made? Did you upgrade it recently? If you answered "yes" to any of these double check your power supply can handle the processes. I used to have this -exact- same problem. Turns out my power supply couldn't support the new Graphics card I plugged in. Upgraded that, everything ran great. Also watch your CPU temperature. Perhaps it's over heating?

Yes, it is custom made, but i did not upgrade anything since then..
I will do a check on that, thanks...
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#9 - 2015-11-30 18:55:13 UTC  |  Edited by: DaReaper
do you run any other games or graphic intensive programs? the last time 'eve made my pc shutdown' was due to it drawling too much load to a video card when my psu was going out. As long as the load to the video was not a lot my pc was fine, the moment i loaded eve, or any game for the matter, my pc would shut off.

Tried a few things, then tossed in a known working, all be it less powerful, psu and the system played eve fine all night. picked up a new psu the next day and the issue was resolved. EVE is most likely not the culprit. just a symptom. I'm guessing as suggested above an din my own store, faulty PSU or graphics card.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Mr Grape Drink
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2015-11-30 19:18:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Grape Drink
CABO4EVER wrote:

Thanks..

Definitely sounds hardware related if thats the case
CABO4EVER
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-11-30 19:22:10 UTC  |  Edited by: CABO4EVER
My system info(DUTCH):

Naam van besturingssysteem Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Versie 10.0.10586 Build 10586
Andere beschrijving van besturingssysteem Niet beschikbaar
Leverancier van besturingssysteem Microsoft Corporation
Systeemnaam PAPA1-PC
Systeemfabrikant System manufacturer
Systeemmodel System Product Name
Systeemtype Op x64-gebaseerde PC
Systeem-SKU To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, 2830 MHz, 4 core('s), 4 logische processor(s)
BIOS-versie/datum American Megatrends Inc. 0403, 7-8-2009
SMBIOS-versie 2.5
Versie van ingesloten controller 255.255
BIOS-modus Verouderd
Fabrikant BaseBoard ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model BaseBoard Niet beschikbaar
Naam BaseBoard Basiskaart
Platformfunctie Desktop
Status beveiligd opstarten Niet ondersteund
PCR7-configuratie Binding niet mogelijk
Map met Windows C:\WINDOWS
Systeemmap C:\WINDOWS\system32
Opstartapparaat \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Landinstelling Nederland
HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) Versie = "10.0.10586.0"
Gebruikersnaam PAPA1-PC\PAPA 1
Tijdzone West-Europa (standaardtijd)
Geïnstalleerd fysiek geheugen (RAM) 4,00 GB
Totaal fysiek geheugen 4,00 GB
Beschikbaar fysiek geheugen 1,52 GB
Totaal virtueel geheugen 8,00 GB
Beschikbaar virtueel geheugen 5,48 GB
Ruimte voor wisselbestand 4,00 GB
Wisselbestand C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - Modusextensies VM-monitor Ja
Hyper-V - Extensies voor adresomzetting op tweede niveau Nee
Hyper-V - Virtualisatie ingeschakeld in firmware Ja
Hyper-V - Bescherming tegen gegevensuitvoering Ja

GRAPHIC CARD:

Naam ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
PNP-apparaat-id PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9498&SUBSYS_22691787&REV_00\4&2254C66F&0&0008
Adaptertype ATI display adapter (0x9498), compatibel met Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Beschrijving ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
RAM-geheugen 1,00 GB (1.073.741.824 bytes)
Geïnstalleerde stuurprogramma's aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Versie van stuurprogramma 8.970.100.9001
INF-bestand oem5.inf (ati2mtag_R7X-gedeelte)
Kleurenvlakken Niet beschikbaar
Vermeldingen in kleurentabel 4294967296
Resolutie 1920 x 1080 x 60 Hz
Bits/Pixel 32
Geheugenadres 0xE0000000-0xEFFFFFFF
Geheugenadres 0xFE9E0000-0xFE9EFFFF
I/O-poort 0x0000C000-0x0000C0FF
IRQ-kanaal IRQ 4294967294
I/O-poort 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O-poort 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Geheugenadres 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
Stuurprogramma c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6264, 351,50 kB (359.936 bytes), 13-1-2015 16:20)
Tyrendian Biohazard
Better Off Red
Unspoken Alliance.
#12 - 2015-11-30 19:33:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyrendian Biohazard
CABO4EVER wrote:

Also, wrong forums.

Yes, it's EVE...after uninstalled it, everything works fine and the PC does not shutt down..

Thanks..

Wait, you're saying that its causing it to shut down even when you're not running EVE?

Just because you uninstalled EVE and it doesn't shut down doesn't mean it is the problem. Systems can seemingly run perfectly fine at idle, yet crash under a load. Have you tried running any other heavy load on the system besides EVE?

Twitch streamer and EVE NT tournament broadcaster.

CABO4EVER
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2015-11-30 19:34:44 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
do you run any other games or graphic intensive programs? the last time 'eve made my pc shutdown' was due to it drawling too much load to a video card when my psu was going out. As long as the load to the video was not a lot my pc was fine, the moment i loaded eve, or any game for the matter, my pc would shut off.

Tried a few things, then tossed in a known working, all be it less powerful, psu and the system played eve fine all night. picked up a new psu the next day and the issue was resolved. EVE is most likely not the culprit. just a symptom. I'm guessing as suggested above an din my own store, faulty PSU or graphics card.

I only had EVE running, before the patch upgrade it never shut my pc down thou...is the latest update so much stronger then before?
Thanks..
CABO4EVER
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2015-11-30 19:39:57 UTC
CABO4EVER wrote:

Also, wrong forums.

Thanks..

Wait, you're saying that its causing it to shut down even when you're not running EVE?

Just because you uninstalled EVE and it doesn't shut down doesn't mean it is the problem. Systems can seemingly run perfectly fine at idle, yet crash under a load. Have you tried running any other heavy load on the system besides EVE?

That's a good idea...i will try playing another game.
Well, it seems that it shuts my pc down only when i run eve...
Thanks.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#15 - 2015-11-30 20:24:55 UTC
CABO4EVER wrote:
DaReaper wrote:

I only had EVE running, before the patch upgrade it never shut my pc down thou...is the latest update so much stronger then before?
Thanks..

yes, they made a number of graphical tweeks in the last few patches. you also satated you had not played in a few months, your pc could be slowly dying. replace your power supply

Eve For life.

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#16 - 2015-11-30 20:26:22 UTC
CABO4EVER wrote:
CABO4EVER wrote:

Also, wrong forums.

Thanks..

That's a good idea...i will try playing another game.
Well, it seems that it shuts my pc down only when i run eve...
Thanks.

i said the same thing. run a different game or high graphic program. but i'm leaning heavily towards the fault laying wiht the PSU and or Video card. Replace your power supply

Eve For life.

HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#17 - 2015-11-30 23:22:32 UTC
Take the side of your case completely off then play eve and see what happens. If you have a house fan sitting around have it blowing inside the case.

Does it still crash?
Shallanna Yassavi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2015-11-30 23:43:45 UTC
Ah, a Radeon HD 4600something.

You could try underclocking it in the Catalyst Control Center.
The last driver for that generation of hardware was 13-9.

A signature :o

Tear Anasarsy
Reverse Engineering LTD
The Revenant Order
#19 - 2015-12-04 16:56:10 UTC
There is a much simpler way to solve check this.
Download Furmark (http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/)
Run it for 15mins mins. Nor longer, if you run it longer than 15mins it may start to damage the card. If it crashes before the 15mins then it is a hardware fault.

Furmark is designed to stress your graphics card to the limit, if it is overheating or failing it will crash just as it does when playing Eve. So run it and find out. That card is old and low end so it may very will be the card has gone.

You could also as people have suggested check the actual fan on the card is spinning, if it has broken or jammed from dust then your card will overheat. Your PC shuts down to prevent permanent damage to your machine which is a good thing.