These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Kinda cool, never seen this before:

Author
TackyTachy1
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-11-27 20:24:36 UTC
Dual boxing a Stratios and Bestower on a few jumps together; hit the button for the Bestower then waited for the warp noise to fini before hitting the button for the Stratios to enter warp. Both ships appeared in perfect formation, in warp, on both monitors. Did not know you could do that, and it did not happen again. Kind of cool, I thought.

Forum Rep for a bunch of characters, couple corps and one seriously Lost In Space multiboxer.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#2 - 2015-11-27 20:48:41 UTC
Two ships, of the same type, controlled by two different people, warping at the same time - now that, that...is a true thing of beauty

<3

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

lost packet
Alpha Flight
Almost Broken
#3 - 2015-11-27 20:52:16 UTC
How is a stratios the same type of ship as a bestower?
Neph
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
Heiian Conglomerate
#4 - 2015-11-27 21:45:58 UTC
You caught the same warp bubble. It's the same mechanic in fleet warp.

~ Gariushi YC110 // Midular YC115 // Yanala YC115 ~

"Orte Jaitovalte sitasuyti ne obuetsa useuut ishu. Ketsiak ishiulyn." -Yakiya Tovil-Toba-taisoka

TackyTachy1
Doomheim
#5 - 2015-11-27 21:46:09 UTC
It was two different type ships (Stratios/Bestower) with radically different performance parameters controlled by one person (me) although through two characters and two computers.

Forum Rep for a bunch of characters, couple corps and one seriously Lost In Space multiboxer.

BLACK-STAR
#6 - 2015-11-27 22:07:21 UTC  |  Edited by: BLACK-STAR
lost packet wrote:
Bestower and Stratios both have the same warp speed of 3.00AU/s. I've been in a warp field with utter randoms sometimes, gate to gate.

Edit:
lost packet wrote:
That makes them the same "type" of ship? Thank you for explaining, my EVE forum to English translator must have been experiencing issues.
I'm not insulting your intelligence. You already know they're a different ship type. Some people probably don't know warp mechanics ingame, so I quoted to make the point.
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-11-28 00:35:09 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Two ships, of the same type, controlled by two different people, warping at the same time - now that, that...is a true thing of beauty

<3

I once did that in my young years in eve during a war. Careful scouting, got the war deccer's warp point. Me in an ecm tackle, I saw him aligning so I hit jump, and he hit jump, we ended up in warp together! I had a very big smile ^.^ Something tells me he did not as war ended promptly after....

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Moon Moon Burdy
Devils Rejects 666
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#8 - 2015-11-28 01:08:04 UTC
One fine day, the Devils went out to destroy a POS. We did fleet warps all the way home after things went boom. I got some glorious screenshots for my private collection. You should give that a try! (fleeting with friends, I mean)

Things that went boom

Storytime with Moon Moon New stories semi frequently-ish!

Promising Young Murderer, Education Appreciated.

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-11-28 01:24:19 UTC
Moon Moon Burdy wrote:
One fine day, the Devils went out to destroy a POS. We did fleet warps all the way home after things went boom. I got some glorious screenshots for my private collection. You should give that a try! (fleeting with friends, I mean)

http://i.imgur.com/dM70HxU.png

Love warping as a proper fleet. I was usually FCing these groups. Even looking at em, you can see the level of fun a person could have and the turnouts without earning a penny of isk. Ol one from back in the sansha live events days. Old warp effect, or I had it turned down..

Either way, CCP, this isn't even many... Why can you not understand that grand scale is what hooks people more than isk! People want to have fun and have experiences!!!

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Moon Moon Burdy
Devils Rejects 666
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#10 - 2015-11-28 01:52:30 UTC
Nice pic! Couldn't agree more. A bunch of ships flying together just looks so dang tight!

Things that went boom

Storytime with Moon Moon New stories semi frequently-ish!

Promising Young Murderer, Education Appreciated.

Kiandoshia
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-11-28 02:05:33 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:

<3

It's great when it happens with 2 freighters and you have enough time to see it, laugh about it, convo the other pilot and chat about life.
Lucrii Dei
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2015-11-28 03:02:59 UTC
CCP need to introduce actual flight formations. Bear

╔═══ ♥ ═════════════╗

EVEcandy™; An EVE Gallery!

╚══════════════ ♥ ══╝

Yourmoney Mywallet
Jita Institute of Applied Monetary Manipulation
#13 - 2015-11-28 03:24:43 UTC
Markus Reese wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/dM70HxU.png

Very nice! I especially like the ScorpiDrake at bottom left. Big smile
lost packet
Alpha Flight
Almost Broken
#14 - 2015-11-28 09:56:59 UTC
BLACK-STAR wrote:
lost packet wrote:
Bestower and Stratios both have the same warp speed of 3.00AU/s. I've been in a warp field with utter randoms sometimes, gate to gate.

That makes them the same "type" of ship? Thank you for explaining, my EVE forum to English translator must have been experiencing issues.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#15 - 2015-11-28 14:37:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Bumblefck
lost packet wrote:

Although my post was ambiguous, I was actually referring to another, hypothetical situation

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

d0cTeR9
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2015-11-28 21:43:11 UTC
I'v done it, ended up 'inside' another ship on numerous occasions. Always a good laugh.

Been around since the beginning.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#17 - 2015-11-29 00:15:07 UTC
TackyTachy1 wrote:
Dual boxing a Stratios and Bestower on a few jumps together; hit the button for the Bestower then waited for the warp noise to fini before hitting the button for the Stratios to enter warp. Both ships appeared in perfect formation, in warp, on both monitors. Did not know you could do that, and it did not happen again. Kind of cool, I thought.

1. Create fleet.
2. Have all ships align to the same destination.
3. Wait for all ships to reach at least 75% velocity.
4. Fleet commander warps entire fleet at the same time.

Whenever two or more ships enter warp at the same time with the same destination, there is only one warp-bubble created.
Helushka Bodaway
Blizzard Perspective
White Wolves Enterprise
#18 - 2015-11-30 08:53:17 UTC
fleet warping can produce some very cool screenshots indeed. This shot was at the start of a fleet and the warps were just as cool. The only thing I really don't like about it is when you get large groups they tend to form a ball so to speak. I wish they kind of stayed where they were or form some sort of formation as someone mentioned above. I cannot wait for the new camera to see what it is really able to do for those of us that enjoy taking screenshots.

Large fleet
Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2015-11-30 09:02:40 UTC
Warp buddies best buddies.

Grrr.

Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#20 - 2015-11-30 19:09:14 UTC
Azda Ja wrote:
Warp buddies best buddies.

Confirming Azda points it out every time.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

12Next page