These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Survey V

Author
Luscius Uta
#1 - 2015-11-24 08:28:10 UTC
Is it worth it?
Obviously not for ship/cargo/survey scanners, but what if you want to scan moons? And if it is, what are the best ships/fits to use?

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#2 - 2015-11-25 03:51:05 UTC
Lets say you were going into null and searching for nice moons.
Some systems might have 30 moons or more. And you might be searching 10 to 20 systems.
The shear boredom of waiting for scan results could possibly make you suicidal.
At that point, those seconds would start adding up, and they would feel pretty damn valuable Attention

As for ship and cargo scanners, just ask any ganker how important a couple seconds makes.

A rank 1 skill modifier makes this one of the fastest skills to train. If you're going to do those activities more than once, I'd say train it.

Ships are generally Cov-ops or other bonused hulls that can cloak.

Anathema
Buzzard
Helios
Cheetah
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#3 - 2015-11-26 18:39:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Survey skill does not affect moon probes.

Use Covert Ops.
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#4 - 2015-11-27 05:04:35 UTC  |  Edited by: RavenPaine
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Survey skill does not affect moon probes.

Use Covert Ops.

Oh damn, you are right. (again)

The skills lists "Survey Scanner" in its description.
I just assumed it was the survey probe launcher. Looking further, I see they are 2 different things.

*not sure if I should edit my first post *Ugh

Edit for this post: I see the 'Gaze Survey Probe 1' does require Survey V and Astrometrics V to use. It will cut the time in half from the regular survey probes. Discovery probe takes 5 minutes and requires level III. Quest probe requires level III but can take 20 minutes for results.
The skill bonus does not apply the 5%, but skill level opens up a better option.

Oddly, the probe launcher itself does not require the skill. Neither does the survey scanner, or ship and cargo scanners.

I'd like to claim that I was half right, by accident. Blink
I've probed a ton over the years. Never really knew the particulars until just now. Good learning experience.