These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The new thrusters

First post
Author
Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#1 - 2015-11-19 17:53:12 UTC
These things are looking great, but when warping around, they're way too bright.. Can you guys dim that down, or give us an option to dim that down?

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

CCP Darwin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2015-11-20 13:38:59 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Darwin
Linus Gorp wrote:
These things are looking great, but when warping around, they're way too bright.. Can you guys dim that down, or give us an option to dim that down?

We're still working on tuning booster brightness. If there are specific ships where you find it particularly troubling, please feel welcome to let us know, here or in a bug report. Screenshots help.

CCP Darwin  •  Senior Software Engineer, Art & Graphics, EVE Online  •  @mark_wilkins

Linus Gorp
#3 - 2015-11-20 14:04:05 UTC
I've only been warping around with the Rorqual so far and that was like staring straight into a sun Roll

Will try out some other ships later and give feedback after that.

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

iwannadig
Doomheim
#4 - 2015-11-20 14:24:53 UTC  |  Edited by: iwannadig
Not fully relevant to thread topic, but I always thought that warp should look much more cooler than simple tube with rolling texture and distortion.
Maybe it would be better to add color shift? Object distortion? Ship surface pulsation?
When we reach 300000km/s the tunnel can be fully opaque. Many things to discuss.
Please take a look: http://gamelab.mit.edu/games/a-slower-speed-of-light/
Soleil Fournier
Destructive Influence
Northern Coalition.
#5 - 2015-11-20 19:57:01 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:

We're still working on tuning booster brightness. If there are specific ships where you find it particularly troubling, please feel welcome to let us know, here or in a bug report. Screenshots help.

The booster "glare" on the nyx is currently way too much
Nanom Basskel
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2015-11-20 23:59:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Nanom Basskel
Engine cluster on the Jackdaw makes it look like the tristan flashbang all over again, especially in warp.

Guess which one is the sun.

Incidentally the firetail is missing its signature fire tail. The new main engine effect is pretty standard rather than oversized.
Einar Matveinen
Mahe Ratu
#7 - 2015-11-21 10:59:05 UTC
Will new thrusters be released on Tech III cruisers?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#8 - 2015-11-22 00:35:57 UTC
Or seems that ships with thruster clusters have it the worst but it does seem a bit bright on all ships
Linus Gorp
#9 - 2015-11-22 20:26:18 UTC
http://imgur.com/a/Qt8wz

It's too bright across the board :/
I really get a headache from this. Rorqual and Maelstrom are manageable, although they could be a little less bright.
As soon as anything warps, it's equal to staring straight into the sun. Especially on capital ships.

That I have dimmed my displays down to make it more bearable for my eyes (I'm rather sensitive to bright light) only makes it worse for me to stare at those thrusters Roll

d0cTeR9
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-11-22 21:37:05 UTC
Did QA even look at this before putting it on SISI?

It's INSANELY bright for quite a lot of ships...

Been around since the beginning.

Amarisen Gream
Pleasant Peninsula Productions
Digital Vendetta
#11 - 2015-11-23 13:19:29 UTC
This is probably why they gave us the gamma bar. :)

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Linus Gorp
#12 - 2015-11-23 17:01:56 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:

That doesn't really change anything.. Besides, reducing the brightness of everything just because of the thrusters isn't really a solution.

Pertuabo Enkidgan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-11-23 20:10:41 UTC
I'm probably the only one who is ok with this, although a seperate slide options setting for engine brightness would be great - with the one you have right now as maximum, and something more relaxing at the lowest setting.

d0cTeR9
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2015-11-26 20:28:30 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:

So reduce the brightness of EVERYTHING, just so the very bright thrusters aren't too bright anymore?

Seems like typical consumer thinking that's ruining the country... 'this keyboard isn't that great... time to replace the computer, monitor, mouse and oh keyboard'.

Been around since the beginning.

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2015-11-26 21:42:46 UTC
Of the ships I flew, orca was by far the worst. So many engines clustered close together, it was actually bigger and brighter than the sun in the system.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

godchillya
Small Flat Sharing Group
#16 - 2015-11-27 00:46:01 UTC
hi,

something concerns me the whole time. the trusters look like a chemical propulsion engine (the new one: looks awesome) - so why does the warp engine look the same? I thought that warp engine should look more like something that bends time/space or similar.

thx
CCP Savior
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2015-12-01 10:53:00 UTC
Hi folks,

If you do see any boosters that you think are too bright please do file a bug report to let us know, that way we can review the ships booster brightness, see if they are indeed too bright and then we can then make the necessary adjustments to bring them down a touch.

Do remember that these are completely new boosters and it should be expected that there is a sizable visual change from the current boosters on Tranquility, but if any are too bright then again please do let us know which ones you believe to be too bright and we'll take a look.

Graphical QA Analyst | EVE Quality Assurance | Team TriLambda

Empyriah Lunawrath
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2015-12-04 20:39:36 UTC
Einar Matveinen wrote:
Will new thrusters be released on Tech III cruisers?

I can't say for the non-Caldari T3 Cruisers but the Tengu definitely had the new booster effect the last time I flew it on SiSi.