These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

'Talk about the weather' Thread

Author
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#1 - 2015-11-04 08:20:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Looking back at my post in the thread in this link ( https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=451829&find=unread ), I realised that I'm not quite done with the not-at-all-important gripes and opinions I had developed since that day in the restaurant where I kept getting pestered about Gallentean politics.

So I am going to continue my gripes here. If you guys have other gripes or opinions about anything at all, particularly opinions that you will share over a dinner table, you are welcome to post here.

1. Honestly, Federation politics are confusing! Why do you keep calling all the factions after animals of some kind?
2. Keep that frog away from me!
3. No, you can't bribe me from changing my opinions about the Incursus. Tristans are better.
4. I do not accept bribes in the form of snails!
5. No, changing the sauce doesn't make the snail taste any better!
6. It's not about the size of the snail!
7. Frogs aren't better than snails! Keep that away from me!
8. Didn't you say that next year is Armageddon just a month ago?
9. Make up your damn mind about when Armageddon is coming.
10. I don't believe in the Armageddon that doesn't launch drones.
11. Capsuleers aren't space wizards.
12. Capsuleering isn't Mindclash on Muscle-Bulking drugs.
13. No, I can't summon my Breacher to my side at a thought stop asking.
14. We don't all wear skirts of dried leaves and dance around a fire.
15. Do I look like I wear skirts of dried leaves and dance around a fire?
16. No, seriously, nobody does that!
17. My ancestors live in snowy peaks in the tundra regions on Pator! If we wear skirts of dried leaves and dance around a fire we wouldn't exist now!
18. For the love of....there is no 'skirts of dried leaves'!
19. Stop with the dried leaves hooga booga.
20. I am tossing this bowl of soup at your face! I swear!
21. You asked for it!

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Skyweir Kinnison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-11-04 08:27:37 UTC
Welcome to the Federation, new citizen.

You are now just as opinionated as the rest of us, and also keen to ram your opinions down the throats of other people in public discourse.

Don't you just love cultural assimilation?

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#3 - 2015-11-04 08:30:03 UTC
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:

You are now just as opinionated as the rest of us, and also keen to ram your opinions down the throats of other people in public discourse.

Oh damn it!

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Skyweir Kinnison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-11-04 08:38:50 UTC
Happens to the best of us.

If our paths ever cross, I'll be happy to buy you a glass of wine (or beer, if you must) and discuss that prejudice you have about the Incursus. (Though I agree with you vis-à-vis the Breacher match-up, but a good Gallantean knows how to play the Devil's Advocate just for argument's sake!)

And I know a couple of downtown pleasure hubs where we can get that dried leaf skirt fetish taken care of, no snails required.

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#5 - 2015-11-04 09:26:01 UTC
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:
Happens to the best of us.

If our paths ever cross, I'll be happy to buy you a glass of wine (or beer, if you must) and discuss that prejudice you have about the Incursus. (Though I agree with you vis-à-vis the Breacher match-up, but a good Gallantean knows how to play the Devil's Advocate just for argument's sake!)

And I know a couple of downtown pleasure hubs where we can get that dried leaf skirt fetish taken care of, no snails required.

While I would be happy to discuss starship combat, I will have to decline any and all invitations to visit a pleasure hub. The missus will find out in no time and she will boot me out, capsule and all.

And stop with that 'skirts of dried leaves'. I will toss a bowl of soup full of snails at you.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#6 - 2015-11-04 10:43:24 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:

Yes.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Vizage
Capital Allied Industrial Distribution
#7 - 2015-11-04 11:20:04 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:

Oh damn it!

Clearly you are assimilating him to fast. He needs some familiarity to help ease him into Gallente Society properly.

You should probably get his skirt made of dried leaves to him. That should calm him down.
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#8 - 2015-11-04 12:01:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Vizage wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:

Oh damn it!

Clearly you are assimilating him to fast. He needs some familiarity to help ease him into Gallente Society properly.

You should probably get his skirt made of dried leaves to him. That should calm him down.

Oi you cheeky bugger! I keep telling ye, just because us Minmatar organise ourselves into Tribes doesn't mean...oh forget it!

Next Hallow's Eve or Halloween or whatever, any child who appears at my quarter door in skirt of dried leaves gets a bag of snails.

Jade Blackwind
#9 - 2015-11-04 12:14:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Jade Blackwind
Elmund Egivand wrote:
16. No, seriously, nobody does that!
17. My ancestors live in snowy peaks in the tundra regions on Pator! If we wear skirts of dried leaves and dance around a fire we wouldn't exist now!
18. For the love of....there is no 'skirts of dried leaves'!
19. Stop with the dried leaves hooga booga.

Now, after reading this I've got some design ideas involving dried leaves. It'll take certain plant species though, and won't look like your run of the mill holoreel savage native outfit at all.

Hmph, now I think of a party dress made of dryweed...
Utari Onzo
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#10 - 2015-11-04 12:46:58 UTC
Came expecting weather gripes. Left disappointed but with an improved knowledge of leaf skirt fashion.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#11 - 2015-11-04 13:49:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Aria Jenneth
Wow am I glad I've been baselining so far. That's maybe kind of alienating in its own way, though.

(Yes, I'm in the Empire, presently. Not giving up just yet, though. I'll be resuming excursions as soon as time permits.)

(Apologies for the delay, Mr. Kinnison.)

I haven't run into the frogs yet. The snails were delicious, though.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#12 - 2015-11-04 14:06:25 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:

This.
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#13 - 2015-11-04 14:32:55 UTC
*puts away skirt of dried leaves and skulks off , dejected.*

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#14 - 2015-11-04 14:44:41 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:

And why I am not surprised...

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Yarosara Ruil
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#15 - 2015-11-04 16:57:14 UTC
I like clouds. Happy, puffy little clouds.

Am I doing this right?
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2015-11-04 17:35:44 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:

This.

To be fair, it doesn't sound like all that much of a bad time... but honestly, what's with the skirts made of dried leaves? Weren't the Gallente supposed to be the ones with the hedonistic naked fire-dancing parties?
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#17 - 2015-11-04 17:41:39 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:

This.

To be fair, it doesn't sound like all that much of a bad time... but honestly, what's with the skirts made of dried leaves? Weren't the Gallente supposed to be the ones with the hedonistic naked fire-dancing parties?

I won't comment whether it's fun or not (Lol) but I will say its not common or really ever done to my knowledge any more. That subject got annoying really fast when I was living in Annages....
Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#18 - 2015-11-04 18:08:22 UTC
If you don't care for the snails Pilot Egivand you've likely not had them at a place that prepares them properly. I know an awesome cafe near the Crystal Boulevard that cooks them in a buttery garlic sauce and serves them in a delicate puff pastry. Coupled with a good bottle of wine it just doesn't get any better. Let me know if you'd ever like to try the place as it's not so easy to find for those not familiar with Caille.

Oh, and I totally agree with you on the frog. Ick.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#19 - 2015-11-04 19:02:53 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:

And why I am not surprised...

Because you also feel sad about not getting to wear the skirt of dried leaves?

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#20 - 2015-11-04 19:04:35 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:

This.

I still have naked fire dancing party's. They get interesting.

123Next pageLast page