These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

New skills 2016 - what we know?

Author
Maksmad
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-11-02 11:58:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Maksmad
Hi all,

I would like to start a topic where we can discuss new skills that will be introduced in the 2016 and the next expansion. It is important because some of the new skills will have requirements and it would be opportune to have prerequisites trained before new skills are live.

So far I think there is confirmation only for the new skills for t2 capital guns. That would mean that we will get 5 new skills (which will have lvl V prerequisites):

- Capital Energy Turret Specialization
- Capital Hybrid Specialization
- Capital Projectile Specialization
- Citadel Cruise Missiles Specialization
- Citadel Torpedoes Specialization

Do you know of any other skills that are announced? Or can we speculate according to the info we have what would new skills be? Citadel productions?

Also, there was an info that the Starbase Defense Management will be removed.

Edit: So far discussed new skills in this thread:

Corporation Management
- Starbase Defense Management will probably be removed

Gunnery/Missiles
- Capital Energy Turret Specialization - maybe 2 skills
- Capital Hybrid Specialization - maybe 2 skills
- Capital Projectile Specialization - maybe 2 skills
- Citadel Cruise Missiles Specialization
- Citadel Torpedoes Specialization

Spaceship Command
- Logistics Frigates (Rank 4, Will/Per) in December (Requires Spaceship Command 3, Signature Analysis V, Long Range Targeting 4)
- Command Destroyers (Rank 6, Will/Per) in December (Requires Warfare link Specialist 4 and Spaceship Command 5)
- Force Auxiliaries - 4 skills
Nerapa
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-11-02 12:50:36 UTC
Maksmad wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to start a topic where we can discuss new skills that will be introduced in the 2016 and the next expansion. It is important because some of the new skills will have requirements and it would be opportune to have prerequisites trained before new skills are live.

So far I think there is confirmation only for the new skills for t2 capital guns. That would mean that we will get 5 new skills (which will have lvl V prerequisites):

- Capital Energy Turret Specialization
- Capital Hybrid Specialization
- Capital Projectile Specialization
- Citadel Cruise Missiles Specialization
- Citadel Torpedoes Specialization

Do you know of any other skills that are announced? Or can we speculate according to the info we have what would new skills be? Citadel productions?



I would imagine the new endurance mining frig would require a new skill.
Maksmad
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-11-02 12:55:01 UTC
Nerapa wrote:


I would imagine the new endurance mining frig would require a new skill.



I do not think so. Expedition frigate skill is already there and Prospect had anyhow only lvl I as prerequisite.
Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2015-11-02 13:09:23 UTC
Maksmad wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to start a topic where we can discuss new skills that will be introduced in the 2016 and the next expansion. It is important because some of the new skills will have requirements and it would be opportune to have prerequisites trained before new skills are live.

So far I think there is confirmation only for the new skills for t2 capital guns. That would mean that we will get 5 new skills (which will have lvl V prerequisites):

- Capital Energy Turret Specialization
- Capital Hybrid Specialization
- Capital Projectile Specialization
- Citadel Cruise Missiles Specialization
- Citadel Torpedoes Specialization

Do you know of any other skills that are announced? Or can we speculate according to the info we have what would new skills be? Citadel productions?

Also, there was an info that the Starbase Defense Management will be removed.


My prediction is 2 specialisation skills for each capital weapon system, one new capital ship skill for Force Auxiliaries, and one MJD Destroyer skill which would be consistant with T2 ship skills.
Maksmad
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-11-02 13:28:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Maksmad
Ria Nieyli wrote:


My prediction is 2 specialisation skills for each capital weapon system, one new capital ship skill for Force Auxiliaries, and one MJD Destroyer skill which would be consistant with T2 ship skills.


Thx for input m8 :)

my thoughts:

2 specialization skill for each capital weapon... crazy as it seems :) but it could be possible. Maybe they make one specialization skill for guns against subcap ships and other against capital ships/citadels...

Force Auxiliaries ... those are carriers I think so we already have skills. But I think I heard that Logistic V will not be needed for current carriers anymore, but logical thing would be that Logistic V is requirement for the Force Auxiliaries .... so it is possible, or Logistic V will just be one of the prerequisites and no new skill introduced. And if introduce, my god, it would be a big isk sink as those skills would be at least 500 mil each :)

MJD for destroyers... not sure. Current MJD skill already covers MJD for BS and cruisers. It is only logical that it will also cover MJD for destroyers.
Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2015-11-02 14:31:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ria Nieyli
Maksmad wrote:
Ria Nieyli wrote:


My prediction is 2 specialisation skills for each capital weapon system, one new capital ship skill for Force Auxiliaries, and one MJD Destroyer skill which would be consistant with T2 ship skills.


Thx for input m8 :)

my thoughts:

2 specialization skill for each capital weapon... crazy as it seems :) but it could be possible. Maybe they make one specialization skill for guns against subcap ships and other against capital ships/citadels...

Force Auxiliaries ... those are carriers I think so we already have skills. But I think I heard that Logistic V will not be needed for current carriers anymore, but logical thing would be that Logistic V is requirement for the Force Auxiliaries .... so it is possible, or Logistic V will just be one of the prerequisites and no new skill introduced. And if introduce, my god, it would be a big isk sink as those skills would be at least 500 mil each :)

MJD for destroyers... not sure. Current MJD skill already covers MJD for BS and cruisers. It is only logical that it will also cover MJD for destroyers.


Whoops, and an additional T2 Logi Frig skill as well. Slipped my mind.
The MJD destroyer is announced, it's a new hull entirely which can MJD your whole fleet.
Carriers will get repurposed, no more triage for them, hence a new Force Auxiliary skill.
All weapons have two different specs, IE Pulse/Beam lasers, I see no reason not to include it for capitals.
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#7 - 2015-11-02 15:41:55 UTC
I would expect that if carriers cannot RR, then there will be SP reimbursement?
Maksmad
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-11-02 16:46:44 UTC
Ria Nieyli wrote:


Whoops, and an additional T2 Logi Frig skill as well. Slipped my mind.
The MJD destroyer is announced, it's a new hull entirely which can MJD your whole fleet.
Carriers will get repurposed, no more triage for them, hence a new Force Auxiliary skill.
All weapons have two different specs, IE Pulse/Beam lasers, I see no reason not to include it for capitals.


T2 Logi Frig... yes you are right. They will surely add 4 new skills there.

MJD Destroyer... ahh I see. It is also 4 new hulls with special ability? Seems 4 more skills :)



@RavenPaine

I am sure they will not reimburse anything. It never happened before when they changed something or removed prerequisites.
Maksmad
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-11-02 18:21:07 UTC
Ria Nieyli wrote:

Carriers will get repurposed, no more triage for them, hence a new Force Auxiliary skill.



Question: Does this means that Tactical Logistic Reconfiguration skill will be no more and reimbursed? Or used by Force Auxiliaries?

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#10 - 2015-11-03 03:26:55 UTC
Maksmad wrote:
Ria Nieyli wrote:


Whoops, and an additional T2 Logi Frig skill as well. Slipped my mind.
The MJD destroyer is announced, it's a new hull entirely which can MJD your whole fleet.
Carriers will get repurposed, no more triage for them, hence a new Force Auxiliary skill.
All weapons have two different specs, IE Pulse/Beam lasers, I see no reason not to include it for capitals.


T2 Logi Frig... yes you are right. They will surely add 4 new skills there.

MJD Destroyer... ahh I see. It is also 4 new hulls with special ability? Seems 4 more skills :)



@RavenPaine

I am sure they will not reimburse anything. It never happened before when they changed something or removed prerequisites.



They have actually reimbursed quite a few skills over the years.
The learning skills were 5 million+ if I recall, and several social skills were banked as well.

If a carrier can't use remote reps, then the skill is useless. To be fair, I have only 'heard' that they will change the platform. I haven't researched very much myself.
Maksmad
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2015-11-03 08:08:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Maksmad
RavenPaine wrote:


They have actually reimbursed quite a few skills over the years.
The learning skills were 5 million+ if I recall, and several social skills were banked as well.

If a carrier can't use remote reps, then the skill is useless. To be fair, I have only 'heard' that they will change the platform. I haven't researched very much myself.



True they have reimbursed learning skills but only because they removed them from the game and it is given that we will get reimbursed for every skill that will be removed from the game. Starbase Defense Management skill is said by CCP will be removed (and reimbursed) or given another purpose (not reimbursed).

That being said, CCP is not removing carrier skills, just changing what carriers can or can not do. So imho there is no way they will reimburse you for carrier skills or for Logistic V skill which will not be required anymore for carriers.
Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2015-11-03 10:57:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Ria Nieyli
Maksmad wrote:
T2 Logi Frig... yes you are right. They will surely add 4 new skills there.

MJD Destroyer... ahh I see. It is also 4 new hulls with special ability? Seems 4 more skills :)


Logi frigs and MJD destroyers are one skill each, as per T2 ship hull skills.

Maksmad wrote:
Ria Nieyli wrote:

Carriers will get repurposed, no more triage for them, hence a new Force Auxiliary skill.



Question: Does this means that Tactical Logistic Reconfiguration skill will be no more and reimbursed? Or used by Force Auxiliaries?



All triage skills would remain relevant, you would just need to train a new hull to take advantage of them. If you have TLR 5, you will be using your Triage II on your F. Aux instead of your carrier, etc.

RavenPaine wrote:
I would expect that if carriers cannot RR, then there will be SP reimbursement?


CCP has stated that the new F. Aux. skillbooks will be released well in advance so you could train the hull pre-patch, just not use it. They're not splitting a skill, they're not removing a skill. They will not reimburse anything.
Maksmad
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2015-11-03 11:36:48 UTC
Ria Nieyli wrote:



very good info!




Thx m8 for the info provided :) I updated the first post to reflect it.
Xylem Viliana
homeless bum
#14 - 2015-11-03 12:11:38 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:


If a carrier can't use remote reps, then the skill is useless.


What one remote repping or carrier?

Neither will be useless, some people will have a tantrum over it, but remote repping will cross to the force aux and carrier will be repurposed into what it should have been long ago. a carrier, not a logi
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#15 - 2015-11-04 01:26:22 UTC  |  Edited by: RavenPaine
Capital remote armor and Capital remote shield.
Many pilots wouldn't have taken them to V if the usage wasn't pretty damn important to a carrier and it's intended role.
Andrew Indy
Cleaning Crew
#16 - 2015-11-04 08:58:16 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
Capital remote armor and Capital remote shield.
Many pilots wouldn't have taken them to V if the usage wasn't pretty damn important to a carrier and it's intended role.


Well they will be important on the Force Aux ships, its not like people will never fly Force Aux ships. Logi are an important part of any reasonably large fleet.

If you don't fly them well thats up to you. I have a bunch of Science skills to 5 for getting data cores, CPP nerfed Data core mining and I did not see an SP back.
NinjaTurtle
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2015-11-04 18:23:45 UTC
in terms of capitals, no existing skills will become useless. nothing is fundamentally changing with triage, remote reps or any of the skills; all that changes is what you can fit them to and their effectiveness outside of triage. There will be four new skills for force auxiliaries but if you think CCP is going to reimburse any SP because "carriers/remote reps/whatever are useless" I would suggest not getting your hopes up because that is an extremely inaccurate assessment.
Maksmad
Perkone
Caldari State
#18 - 2015-11-17 14:54:45 UTC
Just an update.

MJD Destroyers will actually be called Command Destroyers!

On SISI it requires Leadership 5, Warfare Link Spec 4 + Racial Destroyer V.

will update OP
Maksmad
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2015-11-27 07:50:32 UTC
CCP just posted info about new logistic frigates and skill.

Logistics Frigates
4x Multiplier, Will/Per
Requires Spaceship Command 3, Signature Analysis V, Long Range Targeting 4
The skill formerly known as "Logistics" is now called "Logistics Cruisers"

will update OP
O'nira
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2015-11-27 23:46:07 UTC
all capital rep skills to 5 for t2 cap reppers, remote and local


the capital battery and boosters and neuts and all those new capital modules will likely need lvl5 if they release t2 version of those
12Next page