These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Broadcasting targets should put an icon on any locked targets

Author
Ceq Lysander
#1 - 2015-11-01 19:17:27 UTC
This has probably been suggested before, but nonetheless:

When I am in fleet and the FC broadcasts a target to primary, there appears a crosshair icon on the overview. However if I already have several targets locked up it would be super useful to have a little crosshair icon appear on the locked up target, to avoid having to switch the focus of my eyes to the overview, find the broadcasted ship, remember "oh yeah, it'll be at the top", click it and then realise "Oh, I was focussed on that ship already".

Particularly when there's a handful of enemy ships, you've got for example, two or three Catalysts and two Tristans locked up, and the FC broadcasts one of the Catalysts, might say on comms "prime the broadcast catalyst". You may already be firing on one of them.

Instead, you look at the locked and focussed catalyst, it gets broadcast and a icon appears over the locked target. Or perhaps the white borders change to red (configurable maybe).

Something real minor, but something for Team Little Things maybe?

Thoughts, critiques and general abuse welcomed.

- Ceq.

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine!

Lugh Crow-Slave
#2 - 2015-11-01 19:23:22 UTC
To be honest three is no need to lighten the load on the adv f1 monkey
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#3 - 2015-11-01 19:34:38 UTC
Really,
having the broadcast targets jump to the top of the overview ,
having an icon appear over them
on top of of your fc sreaming blue ****ing murder calmly calling their name on voice comms isn't enough...
d0cTeR9
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-11-01 20:21:59 UTC  |  Edited by: d0cTeR9
I understand OP, i have been in numerous fights where we have hundreds of ships on each side... It can get a bit messy.

But... i find it hasn't never been so easy to fleet warfare than ever! Especially compared to a few years ago (or even longer).

So honestly... meh.

Been around since the beginning.

Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#5 - 2015-11-01 22:18:47 UTC
Ceq Lysander wrote:
This has probably been suggested before, but nonetheless:

When I am in fleet and the FC broadcasts a target to primary, there appears a crosshair icon on the overview. However if I already have several targets locked up it would be super useful to have a little crosshair icon appear on the locked up target, to avoid having to switch the focus of my eyes to the overview, find the broadcasted ship, remember "oh yeah, it'll be at the top", click it and then realise "Oh, I was focussed on that ship already".

Particularly when there's a handful of enemy ships, you've got for example, two or three Catalysts and two Tristans locked up, and the FC broadcasts one of the Catalysts, might say on comms "prime the broadcast catalyst". You may already be firing on one of them.

Instead, you look at the locked and focussed catalyst, it gets broadcast and a icon appears over the locked target. Or perhaps the white borders change to red (configurable maybe).

Something real minor, but something for Team Little Things maybe?

Thoughts, critiques and general abuse welcomed.

- Ceq.

At a time when CCP is trying to push for more individual player control I doubt this idea will get much traction with the devs.

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.