These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[New Structures] Mining Outpost anchorable structure.

Author
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#1 - 2015-10-27 12:48:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Currently a POS tower and a Compression and/or Reprocessing array can be anchored in high sec to get a better ore reprocessing yield and is the only way to compress ore in high sec. A small POS tower and compression array currently costs in the region of 100 million ISK.

Once the Citadels are introduced and POSes are eventually removed a medium Citadel would have to be used instead which will cost upwards of six BILLION ISK in initial outlay to complete the same tasks. This potentially locks a lot out of players out of obtaining better yields and makes it harder for them to compress ore.

I propose a new anchorable structure called a Mining Outpost be designed with the following stats:

It would be anchorable only in asteroid belts.
Will be of the same size as the current compression/reprocessing arrays.
Only unrefined ore & ice, compressed ore & ice, minerals, and ice products will be able to be stored in its cargo hold/s.
Only one Mining Outpost can be anchored in any one asteroid belt.
Will need to use fuel blocks/fuel to be onlined/or for services to be available.
The Mining Outpost will fall under the thirty day removal rule if not used within that time.
It will have the same combat/reinforcement rules as the Mobile Depot structures currently have.

The idea of these structures is to continue to enable compression of ore/ice in high sec and to keep the higher reprocessing yield availability that we have now in high sec. The above stats should stop them being used to litter space such as has been a problem with the mobile depot structures.

I would suggest the build cost should be kept at about 100 million as well as an additional deterrent to them being used like space junk.

I invite constructive criticism or additional ideas for this structure type. If CCP already have ideas for providing reasonably priced compression services in high sec post the removal of POSes I would be grateful if they could announce them here or elsewhere.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Sal Askiras
Pie Family Rock Farming INC
#2 - 2015-10-27 12:55:06 UTC
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#3 - 2015-10-27 13:36:34 UTC
I made a big ****-up here in reading the citadel devblog and the actual cost for the medium Citadel will actually be approximately 600 million which is still more than the current small POS tower plus array/s cost but still manageable.

I still think my Mining Outpost structure idea has merit as a cheaper option and maybe in terms of a conflict driver as well. I will let other decide if it is worthy or not.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#4 - 2015-10-27 13:49:18 UTC
Sal Askiras wrote:
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/back-into-the-structure/?_ga=1.183909478.1370581449.1439817395 Scroll down until you find "Drilling Platform"

Yes I just read that one. It mentions reprocessing, moon mining etc but does not list compression. In the additional picture window you can open below the description regarding Drilling Platform structures it mentions the 'entosis link' system for the two drilling platforms. As far as I know the 'entosis link' will not be an available combat method in high sec so that is an additional reason for them not being anchorable in high sec.

Xavindo Sirober
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-10-28 22:48:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Xavindo Sirober
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn wrote:
Sal Askiras wrote:
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/back-into-the-structure/?_ga=1.183909478.1370581449.1439817395 Scroll down until you find "Drilling Platform"

Yes I just read that one. It mentions reprocessing, moon mining etc but does not list compression. In the additional picture window you can open below the description regarding Drilling Platform structures it mentions the 'entosis link' system for the two drilling platforms. As far as I know the 'entosis link' will not be an available combat method in high sec so that is an additional reason for them not being anchorable in high sec.

The drilling platform is a concept not going live till end of 2016 according to latest info, for all we know they can be deployable orcas that have capital mining lasers and Sickle DD's that also clear moons in 20 second cycles.

Would be fun though. not good for anything. but fun.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#6 - 2015-10-28 23:11:49 UTC
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn wrote:
Sal Askiras wrote:

Compression is a service most of the structures that can fit services will be able to use them just like any other service