These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mixed implants?

Author
AEron Kanjus
Rebellion of the Dragon
#1 - 2015-10-24 07:31:19 UTC
I have a coupld High-Grade Halo implants, I've been looking at getting another but I have thus far been unable to find them in the market. I was starting to think of getting some mid-grade Halo implants for now... I was wondering if you get High-grand and Mid-grade would you get the 'set bonus' for the set of Halo implants or would you have to have all the same grade implant? (ie... high-grade, Mid-grade, etc...)

Thanks in advance for helpful adivce. Smile
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#2 - 2015-10-24 07:44:39 UTC
All of the high grade Halo's are in stock at Jita. I suspect that set bonuses only apply if you have a matched set but have never experimented - GM's may be willing to answer the question if you file a support ticket.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#3 - 2015-10-27 18:50:54 UTC
Something to try in EFT or Pyfa.
armymp327
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-10-27 20:37:50 UTC
According to EFT mid grade and high grade implants can be mixed
Hole Checker
Unstable Anomaly
#5 - 2015-10-27 21:23:46 UTC
you get set bonus for mixed implants but you cant mix a midgrade omega with high grade implants
Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#6 - 2015-10-27 23:10:18 UTC
Hole Checker wrote:
you get set bonus for mixed implants but you cant mix a midgrade omega with high grade implants

well, you can, but it would be a pretty stupid thing to do.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Andrew Indy
Cleaning Crew
#7 - 2015-11-04 08:13:33 UTC
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
Hole Checker wrote:

well, you can, but it would be a pretty stupid thing to do.

Not really, the Omega often costs almost as much as the other 5 implants together yet does not provide that much of a benefit over the mid grade.

Take a Sleipner I have .

No implants - 1303m/s
High + No Omega Snakes- 1405m/s
High +Mid Omega Snakes - 1568m/s
Full High Snakes - 1626m/s

So its a 58m/s increase from mid Omega to High Omega for 860Mil isk extra. Mid gives you 163m/s over no Omega.