These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Bi-Weekly New Player PVP Fleet

Author
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-09-14 19:10:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Hendrick Tallardar
Hello,

Being a new player to EVE can be a daunting experience, especially when it comes to getting your feet wet with the PVP aspect of the game. That is why Pandemic Horde, a new player focused alliance, have taken up the task of running a bi-weekly New Player PVP Fleet. These fleets will be designed around catering to new players whether they be a day old or just started a week prior. They will be running every other Saturday and will always begin in one of the "Rookie Systems" that a new player starts the game in. It's also worth noting that due to the generosity of the players who run www.EVE-Bet.com, all ships will be free for a fleet member to fly. The fleets are expected to last between 90 minutes to 2 hours.

This fleet is open to all players, regardless of which corporation/alliance they are in. The fleet will be operating under a "Not Purple Shoot It" function (meaning if a ship is not in the fleet and is able to be attacked we will do so).

Following the fleet there will be a Q&A session.

SCHEDULE & LOCATIONS
All fleets will leave at 2300 UTC (aka EVE Time) which is at 0000 UK or 1800 Eastern US.

Arrow November 7, 2015 - Kisogo

Join the in-game chat channel "Hordebros" for the fits we will be using and some additional information.

I will also be streaming the fleet on my Twitch channel www.Twitch.tv/Tallardar/ if you are unable to attend or want to see what its like before joining a fleet yourself.

For more information you can see our In-Game Events thread - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6035628#post6035628
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#2 - 2015-09-14 19:31:08 UTC
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-09-15 17:07:14 UTC
Yeah it should be a good time. We got all the ships bought and moved, just need to spread the word and promote it as much as possible.
Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#4 - 2015-09-15 17:49:59 UTC
Cool idea. Have you considered making an in-game channel or mailing list?

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#5 - 2015-09-15 20:09:51 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
Cool idea. Have you considered making an in-game channel or mailing list?

There's an in-game channel called "HORDEBROS" that I mentioned in the in-game events thread. Added it to the OP.
Tiberius Heth
Doomheim
#6 - 2015-09-16 09:25:47 UTC
Love it, just don't jump them into your waiting mains Twisted

Might want to advertise a bit in the help and rookie channels and perhaps contact RvB to see if you can advertise there as well. Most new players, sadly, don't read the forums so the more newbies you can reach out to the better it is.
Kamillia Louvier
OG Development
#7 - 2015-09-16 11:35:24 UTC
Hello, I happen to be looking through the forum and found your post. is this event still going on, and is there a open slot for this saturday? Lastly i have been playing for maybe 5 days now and joined another corp, i hope that wont be a problem
Deadly Spacerat
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-09-16 13:13:01 UTC
Kamillia Louvier wrote:
Hello, I happen to be looking through the forum and found your post. is this event still going on, and is there a open slot for this saturday? Lastly i have been playing for maybe 5 days now and joined another corp, i hope that wont be a problem

There's no problem if you've joined another corporation and i'm sure a spot will be made for anyone who wants to join. This is one of those things that gets better with more people. Plus, FREE SHIPS!

Hendrick, I'd like an Orthrus please, deadspace fitted if possible. Thanks in advance.
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#9 - 2015-09-16 17:03:18 UTC
Tiberius Heth wrote:
Love it, just don't jump them into your waiting mains Twisted

Might want to advertise a bit in the help and rookie channels and perhaps contact RvB to see if you can advertise there as well. Most new players, sadly, don't read the forums so the more newbies you can reach out to the better it is.

Yep, just wanted to wait a day or two to get things sorted logsitically before doing that.

Kamillia Louvier wrote:

Yes the event is still going on and you don't need to worry about open slots. I'm going to run a max'd out fleet (250 ppl) so there should be plenty of room. You can also attend without being in an NPC corp, that won't be a problem at all.
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#10 - 2015-09-18 17:01:50 UTC
One more day, don't forget the fleet will be leaving from Kisogo in Caldari space.
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-09-19 16:19:59 UTC
Don't forget, fleet is today at 2200 UTC, 2300 GMT, or for Americans at 1800 US Eastern
Ace Lapointe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2015-09-19 22:24:36 UTC
I am guessing that like everything else in EVE this isn't an Australian friendly thing? As in the time for us will ever be 2PM on a workday or 4AM, noticing that pattern..

Either way, this is an awesome idea and I will try and get onto one of the fleets! :D
Viktor Revon
#13 - 2015-09-19 23:37:43 UTC
If you are still available to take in new ones, I'm in Caldari space.

Don't know if you'd call me 'new', but this is my second month, and I have a Battleship (It got shot down while I left it on Auto-Pilot to eat. Silly me.) I currently have only a Capsule.

"Into the dark abyss shall we venture once more." - Viktor Revon

Zihao
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2015-09-20 00:35:21 UTC
I was there!
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#15 - 2015-09-20 05:14:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Hendrick Tallardar
Big shoutout to everyone who showed up and partook, and to the wonderful CCP Devs who hung out in the Twitch chat today. See you next week in Chaven!

Ace Lapointe wrote:
I am guessing that like everything else in EVE this isn't an Australian friendly thing? As in the time for us will ever be 2PM on a workday or 4AM, noticing that pattern..

Either way, this is an awesome idea and I will try and get onto one of the fleets! :D

Yeah sorry dude.

I'll see if our AUTZ guys can organize fleets for the Aussie new players to hang out with. You can also just EVEMail "DJ Leadboy" as he's a fellow Kangaroo Warrior and can probably get stuff put together.
ficr
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2015-09-20 21:05:23 UTC
Sounds like fun. I'll try to attend next Saturday.

I've been here a while but haven't had a chance to partake. With Fleet War I'd take a faction hit. Joining a Player corp is also out since I'm not ready to commit. But showing up having fun and then going back to "normal" sounds good.
Shuckstar
Blue Dreams Plus
#17 - 2015-09-21 03:01:59 UTC
Would this be open to older players as well? Been playing 10yrs + but looks like this could be some fun regardless of the players age.

CCP Greyscale wrote:"OK, I've read every post up to page 200, and we're getting to a point in this thread where there's not a lot of new concerns or suggestions being brought up. There will be future threads (and future blogs) as we tune details, but for now I want to thank you for all of your constructive input, and wish you a good weekend :)"

Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#18 - 2015-09-21 04:49:06 UTC
Shuckstar wrote:
Would this be open to older players as well? Been playing 10yrs + but looks like this could be some fun regardless of the players age.

It's open to all, but obviously caters to new players.
Uba Stij
Doomheim
#19 - 2015-09-23 19:20:37 UTC
Ships moved and prepped. Don't forget the fleet will be leaving from Chaven this week.
Zihao
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2015-09-26 20:21:33 UTC
You have my(your) merlin!
12Next page