These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

The War Within

Author
Willoughby
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-08-24 05:29:28 UTC
Welcome,

My name is Jack and I run a Facebook Page to reach out to people struggling with PTSD. Im a Combat Veteran and deployed with Special Forces back in 2011 to Afghan. Help me and this page in spreading the word of The Outlander so we can maybe save a life, a marriage, or a relationship with someone close. Ptsd can take everything from you, but we dont have to let it. On the page I post what I go through and what helps me with the challenges.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Outlander/500951310058460

If your struggling with PTSD or know someone that is join the page and chat lets fight as one to overcome this War Within.
Willoughby
Doomheim
#2 - 2015-08-26 17:56:59 UTC
New Website check it out and Follow the page

http://jackfowler07.wix.com/the-outlander
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#3 - 2015-08-27 00:21:24 UTC
Headed over to FB to Like. Good on you and good luck bro. Have you read the book Lethal Warriors: When the New Band of Brothers Came Home by David Philips? Really good. PTSD is not an imaginary or psychological condition. It's a physiological condition. It's the way the body's neuro system naturally changes to adapt to being in a constantly threatening environment. The neurosystem hardwires itself in a different way, and in a way that's doesn't match grocery story, mall, and office life very well at all.

All best as you recover mate, and good on you for the good work. o7

Willoughby
Doomheim
#4 - 2015-08-27 03:35:55 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Headed over to FB to Like. Good on you and good luck bro. Have you read the book Lethal Warriors: When the New Band of Brothers Came Home by David Philips? Really good. PTSD is not an imaginary or psychological condition. It's a physiological condition. It's the way the body's neuro system naturally changes to adapt to being in a constantly threatening environment. The neurosystem hardwires itself in a different way, and in a way that's doesn't match grocery story, mall, and office life very well at all.

All best as you recover mate, and good on you for the good work. o7

Thank you so much for your support and kind words. I love eve and playing games really helps me get through the day and its good to see that everywhere i look there are people like yourself. and i will deff look into that book it sounds amazing. Thank you again and Fly Safe!
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#5 - 2015-08-28 16:08:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
you should get in touch with Coffee Rocks,
hes the guy behind "broadcast for reps" which in a sort of outreach thingy for people with depression and various mental illnesses.

hes fairly active in twitter so try poke him there @Thecoffeerocks , he should be able to help you with the right sort of exposureBlink
Willoughby
Doomheim
#6 - 2015-08-29 05:20:50 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
you should get in touch with Coffee Rocks,
hes the guy behind "broadcast for reps" which in a sort of outreach thingy for people with depression and various mental illnesses.

hes fairly active in twitter so try poke him there @Thecoffeerocks , he should be able to help you with the right sort of exposureBlink

Awesome thank you so much !!! I will deff reach out to him!!
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-08-30 22:36:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Coffee Rocks
Hi Willoughby!

I just added your community to this Broadcast For Reps forum post I actually just did today (Ralph pointed me your way). Outstanding work on the community group - I just liked your FB page too! 7o
Willoughby
Doomheim
#8 - 2015-08-31 00:33:34 UTC
Coffee Rocks wrote:
Hi Willowughby!

I just added your community to this Broadcast For Reps forum post I actually just did today (Ralph pointed me your way). Outstanding work on the community group - I just liked your FB page too! 7o

Thx dude thats awesome !!! If there is anything i can do for yall let me know. Thank you for supporting.
Willoughby
Doomheim
#9 - 2015-09-02 06:18:05 UTC
bump
Willoughby
Doomheim
#10 - 2015-09-03 06:44:24 UTC
bump
Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#11 - 2015-09-04 16:18:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Esrevid Nekkeg
As real life can hurt a person a lot harder than anything that can hit said person in EvE, it's always good to see people step up to help those that need it.

*Esrevid tips his hat to the OP*

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#12 - 2015-09-04 23:04:06 UTC
PTSD is serious ****. Good cause, yo.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Willoughby
Doomheim
#13 - 2015-09-08 05:18:26 UTC
Thx Guys :) All make sure you like the page to help spread the word !!
Willoughby
Doomheim
#14 - 2015-09-09 16:52:02 UTC
Bump
Willoughby
Doomheim
#15 - 2015-09-11 05:45:04 UTC
bump
Willoughby
Doomheim
#16 - 2015-09-14 03:06:56 UTC
bump
Willoughby
Doomheim
#17 - 2015-09-16 18:53:58 UTC
bump
lord xavier
Rubbed Out
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#18 - 2015-09-18 05:56:54 UTC
bump
+1
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2015-09-19 19:12:48 UTC
I thought you should see this over on EVE News 24. Sadly, an Army veteran lost his battle with PTSD and was honored by fellow capsuleers after his passing.

Your community initiative does good work, and is sorely needed by those willing to engage. Thank you. 7o
Willoughby
Doomheim
#20 - 2015-09-20 02:31:24 UTC
Coffee Rocks wrote:
I thought you should see this over on EVE News 24. Sadly, an Army veteran lost his battle with PTSD and was honored by fellow capsuleers after his passing.

Your community initiative does good work, and is sorely needed by those willing to engage. Thank you. 7o

Wow!! thank you for sharing. So sad to lose a brother this article brought tears to my eyes!! RIP brother, we shall see you again!!!
12Next page