These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

CCP Please - Roadmap

Author
Pittsburgh2989
Shadow State
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2015-08-12 18:51:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Pittsburgh2989
CCP having listened to your round table and having been reading the forums for quite some time I ask that you provide us with this elusive road-map for your plan for Eve going into the near and far-term future.

The round table today had lots of questions hinting at good ideas and I was looking very forward to this. However all the responses were basically answered like an American politician saying in laymen terms "Yeah we could do that, but we have no plans on that matter currently" or "we are working on that and will answer in the future." I do not think it is unreasonable to ask for you to give us some insight into your plans for the game for the next 6-12 months at least.

It was consistently stated the round table was not the venue for this answer, so when will we get these answers? I understand your summer vacation and such, but you really owe the entire play base a set date for a dev blog and some sort of roadmap - not just random changes sporadically.

I feel you should easily be able to give us our next 3 months updates pretty solidly, and give a better broad idea for the next 6-12 months. The last time we had a broad idea was in January or so with the announcement of new sov, jump fatigue, and new structures coming all at once. Now you have left everyone sort of in limbo in regards to stations, capitals, incursions, etc.

In particular you specifically told the player base you were looking at drastic changes in regards to Titans, Supers, and regular capitals in the past - then today you said you had no plans? That would be like saying you have no plans for these new structures....you already announced it...at least have a roadmap and plan for it.
McChicken Combo HalfMayo
The Happy Meal
#2 - 2015-08-12 18:52:39 UTC  |  Edited by: McChicken Combo HalfMayo
Your thread title sucks.

There are all our dominion

Gate camps: "Its like the lowsec watercooler, just with explosions and boose" - Ralph King-Griffin

Mr Duffo
SQUIDS.
#3 - 2015-08-12 18:55:36 UTC
Im having fun in the game right now so I have no need for knowing my future.

Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir!

Never forget! #OICXmassacre2014

Kelsey Auditore
Half Empty
#4 - 2015-08-12 18:56:37 UTC
McChicken Combo HalfMayo wrote:
Your thread title sucks.

You're a McChicken
Cody Miromme
Universalis Imperium
The Bastion
#5 - 2015-08-12 19:39:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Cody Miromme
I agree 100% with this. A road map isn't too much to ask from the devs. Let us know what you're plans are for the future as far as the patches go. What can we expect, when can we expect it and what is the end plan? That inst to much to ask imo. If this was done, it would give you a lot of time to take in feed back from the community and make changes. I understand that not everyone will like every update but if most alliances who don't hold sov loves a patch that mostly affects sov, while holding alliances hates it. Yeah, that might say something about that patch.
As far as the jump changes go, they are broken... We take sov, build it up and stick our JBs in and you punish us for it? They are next to pointless now.
Seven Koskanaiken
Guerillas in the Mist
Outlanders United
#6 - 2015-08-12 19:54:42 UTC
Pittsburgh2989
Shadow State
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2015-08-12 20:41:13 UTC
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-T-xuU5bDMug/VER-2i7DKmI/AAAAAAAABh0/_-XRXvirFvg/s1600/Roadmap%2Bfrom%2BEVE%2BVegas%2B2014.png

?

Ya that was cool 6 months ago or whatever when they came up with it....but a dozen or so words is nothing...either they have a plan or they don't. I could have made that roadmap in 30 seconds with MS Paint...there has been no update or any sort of insight into that other than "we are planning some stuff."
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
Great Blue Balls of Fire
#8 - 2015-08-12 21:34:47 UTC
That roadmap is like a 5 year plan.

Industry, science, Teams: Check.
Sov & Warfare: In Progress.
Stations, Outposts, POS: On Deck.
Corps & Alliances: Planned.
Stargate Construction: Planned.
New awesome stuff: Planned.

No updates because nothings changed. They are still executing that plan.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#9 - 2015-08-12 23:00:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
The ones with the real road map and vision are gone.
It is why some polish the car, others make it spin its wheels and yet others play with the indicators.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Buoytender Bob
Ronin Exploration Mission and Mining
#10 - 2015-08-12 23:08:05 UTC
Formulate exciting new ideas and concepts.
Create an exciting new video.
Add creative and stirring music.
Fumble initial deployment and recalculate intentions.
Deliver on 25-50% of what was stated/promised.
Veer off onto a new tangent utallizing limited company resources.
Repeat on regular basis.

It's not really this bad, but sometimes it feels this way.

To buck the popular trend, I began to Rage Start instead of Rage Quit.

...and every time I get another piece of Carbon, I know exactly what CCP is getting this Christmas.

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2015-08-13 00:45:40 UTC
Who the **** are you to request they share their internal documents?
Michael Ruckert
Hohere Kavallerie-Kommando
#12 - 2015-08-13 01:24:30 UTC
Google is your friend OP:

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5183c058e4b065e39b3de2ee/t/5442ee20e4b0b8e2e81f9f48/1413672513331/NewEVEStratPlan.png

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Jenshae Chiroptera
#13 - 2015-08-13 11:08:31 UTC
Buoytender Bob wrote:
Formulate exciting new ideas and concepts.
Create an exciting new video.
Add creative and stirring music.
Fumble initial deployment and recalculate intentions.
Deliver on 25-50% of what was stated/promised.
Veer off onto a new tangent utallizing limited company resources.
Syphon off funds to fund another game that dies or has very mediocre results.
Repeat on regular basis.

It's not really this bad, but sometimes it feels this way.
Added one for you. P

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Samir Duran Xadi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2015-08-13 11:14:12 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Who the **** are you to request they share their internal documents?

The people that pay their salaries and put food on their families tables?
Va'sch Zebeski
Third Way Retirement Corp
#15 - 2015-08-13 11:28:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Va'sch Zebeski
Personally I get that they don't want to say we're going to do A, B and then C because then there is a backlash when nothing seems to materialise.

However I feel the problem is a lack of communication - we have decided not to do A, B, or C because of reason X, Y, or Z.

The backlash only occurs when players are expecting something and then are not told that it will not happen. So instead we are given vague directions and instead of communicating potential ideas (not plans) CCP just seem to obfuscate in a very politician type way that leaves players wondering wtf is going on and wonder whether CCP even factoring in a variety of opinions to the overall decision making process.

What I got out of the round table last night is that I need to sign up for twitter or reddit or whatever because they are so frightened of coming onto the forums outside of a dev blog to communicate anything.

Which is kind of sad for the game overall. It wasn't like this in 2006.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#16 - 2015-08-13 11:51:06 UTC
Pittsburgh2989 wrote:
In particular you specifically told the player base you were looking at drastic changes in regards to Titans, Supers, and regular capitals in the past - then today you said you had no plans? That would be like saying you have no plans for these new structures....you already announced it...at least have a roadmap and plan for it.

I think Titans, Supers and regular capitals have been greatly shaken up

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

bear mcgreedy
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2015-08-13 12:22:35 UTC
the frustrating phrase from the round table was that's already been said but in the initial questions they never answered also if multiple persons are asking the same question maybe that's because its an issue and the we will look into it was common answer basically they dont have a clue how to answer or how to fix it.

the main reason for them changing sov mechanics was to shake it up for the little guy being able to get into sov if anything its made it more stagnant looking at dot lan figures its killed more alliances off than made alliances so with that in mind fozzy sov has basically fcuked the game.

fozzy and his team need to listen to what is being said and react to not get defensive and bury the head in the sands.

ccp mimic mentioned on the round table the lack of communication has been mentioned multiple times yet they don't fix the issue and communication is still poor to the fan base.

CCP you made the csm for the bridge between the player base and yourselves actually listen to them because we know you don't hence the phoebe changes which are now redundant as a troll ceptor can take sov which is the most stupid idea ever.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#18 - 2015-08-13 12:31:43 UTC
bear mcgreedy wrote:
... fozzy and his team need to listen to what is being said and react to not get defensive and bury the head in the sands. ...
That would break company policy of taking critism badly.

Not even once

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#19 - 2015-08-13 13:18:26 UTC
bear mcgreedy wrote:
hence the phoebe changes which are now redundant as a troll ceptor can take sov which is the most stupid idea ever.

No, it seems that was intended

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#20 - 2015-08-13 13:50:40 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
bear mcgreedy wrote:
hence the phoebe changes which are now redundant as a troll ceptor can take sov which is the most stupid idea ever.

No, it seems that was intended

Essentially yeah.

The premise of a wandering band of idiots in t1 cruisers taking space (provided noone turns up to stop them) is kind of the whole idea of the new sov system. The whole point was to provide at least SOME avenue for new sov players to stand in or on.

It's true that the big boys have got a grip on all the best space right now but take a look at one of those 2003-2014 sov map compilations and see just how much things can change in time. There might come a day when the new goons/TEST whatever rise up and have some actually capable leaders that don't treat their people like retards and then you'll be looking at the new goonswarm. It really doesn't take that long to reach the capital game if you're desperate to be in it.
12Next page