These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

POSSIBLE landing on a planet with EVE ships.

Author
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#1 - 2015-08-09 16:33:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Elite announced HORIZONS, CCP should make their own landing on a planet expansion for people to shut their mouths.
I heard they try to be excellent, they could be with my directions.
Remember CCP, gravity is just a theory, in the game for sure it is and I will tell you why you dont have to bother with it. Big smile

EVE have planets that from closeup don't look right. But I have few ideas. Mockup.


Scrape gravity and bumping bubles for EVE planets, I have better idea for planetary landings, with less resources needed and less skills needed. Cool

Microjumpdrive driven landing pads very similar to Mobile Micro Jump Unit we have already but huge as to able to launch and receiveh Orcas and operating with ranges up to around 6000 km. Microjumpdrive Launch Pads (MLP's) would be placed on the surface, the additional structure we could use to pick up planetary products from planetary instalation. Managed with permissions like station dock. \Big smile/

Every landing and launch would cost the amount of: ship mass kg /100 = x ISK. Capitals excluded, freighters could pass.

The camera would have to orient on a different angle and you would see your ship at the surface instance, levitating at the pad at the surface, hold there with an anormous force of surface tractor beams. Shocked

There planetary instalations would be visible like in any instance in space, actual objects and detailed surface with mountains and water for example loaded while DCT (Docking Jump Timer) would be running.

You could have an option to launch ship in orbit thru the same structure. Every landing would cost you some ISKies, but, you could pick up an actual stuff from instalations.

Actual structure could go with planetary interaction overhaul, and would need some little additions to its UI, like switching to planet view to build or place extractors, buttons build and scan would send you to a planet view. Also commanding colony from surface would be a must, remote command would be only for launch of PI products from launchpad into space.

How brilliant is that?
I think It would be the best thing since Quafe Zero.
No gravity Involved.
No major modifications to engine only few little addition.
Landing on a planet with EVE ships.
The economic way. Cool
Nyalnara
Dark Evil Undead Ponies Productions
#2 - 2015-08-09 16:51:33 UTC
I'd rather see them releasing Walk-In-Station first. Roll

French half-noob.

Non, je ne suis pas gentil.

Iain Cariaba
#3 - 2015-08-09 17:06:08 UTC
Firstly, OP, I take it you haven't actually "looked" at most of the ships in EvE. The vast majority of them would never be able to handle the stresses of atmospheric entry without first being ripped to peices.

Secondly, this is EvE, not Elite. If you want to play a game like Elite, then go play Elite.

Lastly, looking at the videos for Elite's "planetary landing feature," it appears to be nothing more than a series of cut-scenes in the theme of Freelancer. This is not something CCP devs should be wasting their time on.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#4 - 2015-08-09 17:37:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Firstly, OP, I take it you haven't actually "looked" at most of the ships in EvE. The vast majority of them would never be able to handle the stresses of atmospheric entry without first being ripped to peices.

Its about microjumpdrive. Its like teleportation, we have similar mobile units.
Placed on a surface they would act like a beacon in space (not on surface) to which you could warp and from there your ship would be microjumpdrived into surface into actual place that would act as a scenery. I have some ideas about placing there actual things from space those you could find in some missions in space. Terrain would have to be generated and camera operation would have to be changed a bit while "docked".

Iain Cariaba wrote:
Secondly, this is EvE, not Elite. If you want to play a game like Elite, then go play Elite.

I know but people have been talking about that here. Couple of times. I think this is the easiest method of aquiring a planetary landing for them and for us. It would have to wait to planetary interaction overhaul maybe, or bundle it with new structures. Art team would have some break from space stuff, something slightly new, thriling, and easy in fact, they have artworks, they have dust, terrain from concepts would work fine as scenery.

Iain Cariaba wrote:
Lastly, looking at the videos for Elite's "planetary landing feature," it appears to be nothing more than a series of cut-scenes in the theme of Freelancer. This is not something CCP devs should be wasting their time on.

I know, it looks that way, but they have a wehicle there also. For us there could be just an interaction like loading unloading with dock vehicles operating autonomously loading stuff, similar to drones in space.
I dont go into WIS, because that would complicate things more.

Overall I wanted it to be simple from designer point of wiev, for it would be only an immersion thing to see your ship at the surface docked with tractor beams at this structure, loading unloading stuff counts as a functionality also when you think about that.
I tried to extend the scope of EVE to surface of the planet.
Iain Cariaba
#5 - 2015-08-09 17:52:45 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
...but people have been talking about that here. Couple of times.

People have also talked, a lot more than a couple times, about removing all PvP from highsec. Just because people talk about it doesn't make it a good idea.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#6 - 2015-08-09 17:58:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Iain Cariaba
#7 - 2015-08-09 18:25:27 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
What I proposed sounds more like cosmetic feature, not game breaking like removal of PvP from anywhere.

So you totally missed my point. Good for you. Train a couple levels of Reading Comprehension, then come back.
Zimmer Jones
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2015-08-09 19:11:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmer Jones
We're capsuleers. we left planets becuae we're the 1% of 1% of etc. that were able to leave the planets with egos strong enough to survive the cloning process. Why would we go back down the well? We even remotely operate our planetary interactions from space through a customs agent to avoid soiling our gooey hands.

what are we, dust bunnies?

Use the force without consent and the court wont acquit you even if you are a card carryin', robe wearin' Jedi.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#9 - 2015-08-09 19:25:47 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
...Scrape gravity...


Let's not.

Nana Skalski wrote:
Microjumpdrive driven landing pads very similar to Mobile Micro Jump Unit we have already but huge as to able to launch and receiveh Orcas and operating with ranges up to around 6000 km. Microjumpdrive Launch Pads (MLP's) would be placed on the surface, the additional structure we could use to pick up planetary products from planetary instalation. Managed with permissions like station dock....


...where to even begin.. Okay, here's what's going to happen, you pay me 5 billion isk and I will consider explaining the mysteries of the cosmos to you.

Nana Skalski wrote:
How brilliant is that?


Let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we? I would leave that observation to the audience. Also no.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#10 - 2015-08-09 20:04:10 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
What I proposed sounds more like cosmetic feature, not game breaking like removal of PvP from anywhere.

So you totally missed my point.

I don't. Its good idea for me. For you its just wasting devs time. For me its nice visual addition and world scope expansion for a little cost of dev time, feeling of the whole game universe changes by this mostly artistic addition.

Quote:
explaining the mysteries of the cosmos to you.

Lets talk about game world. Mysteriously we have now crazier things than what I proposed. Engine is old and devs are scarce. With that in mind, I scraped gravity for planets. Its just a theory. I have taken into consideration everything to bring it from impossible to possible.

But, its still too much for you...

OK.

You are boring.
Iain Cariaba
#11 - 2015-08-09 20:20:54 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
What I proposed sounds more like cosmetic feature, not game breaking like removal of PvP from anywhere.

So you totally missed my point.

I don't. Its good idea for me. For you its just wasting devs time. For me its nice visual addition and world scope expansion for a little cost of dev time, feeling of the whole game universe changes by this mostly artistic addition.

Nope, still missing the point. That's okay, take all the time you need to figure it out.

Nana Skalski wrote:
Quote:
explaining the mysteries of the cosmos to you.

Lets talk about game world. Mysteriously we have now crazier things than what I proposed. Engine is old and devs are scarce. With that in mind, I scraped gravity for planets. Its just a theory. I have taken into consideration everything to bring it from impossible to possible.

If you really, really want me to, I can attempt to explain to you the amount of energy that would be released by the explosion when, using your laughable MJD to the surface idea, 5,000 cubic meters of shuttle atoms suddenly exists in the exact same location as 5,000 cubic meters of atmospheric atoms. I'm sure the attempt would be an exercise in futility, but I'll still try.
Madd Adda
#12 - 2015-08-09 20:24:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Madd Adda
EVE is an old game, can the server's code even handle the load it would take to make this possible?

Quote:
Remember CCP, gravity is just a theory


Gravity WAS a theory, it's now a law

Carebear extraordinaire

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#13 - 2015-08-09 20:59:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Nope, still missing the point. That's okay, take all the time you need to figure it out.

Yeah right. I made my point.


Iain Cariaba wrote:

If you really, really want me to, I can attempt to explain to you the amount of energy that would be released by the explosion when, using your laughable MJD to the surface idea, 5,000 cubic meters of shuttle atoms suddenly exists in the exact same location as 5,000 cubic meters of atmospheric atoms. I'm sure the attempt would be an exercise in futility, but I'll still try.

You lack more imagination than a first year student of physics.

You Microjumpdrive those atoms in the place of Abaddon, to the orbit. You just change the two places simultanously. Cool

Be sure to exercise less in futility and more in imagination.
Madd Adda
#14 - 2015-08-09 21:17:44 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:

You Microjumpdrive those atoms in the place of Abaddon, to the orbit. You just change the two places simultanously. Cool

Be sure to exercise less in futility and more in imagination.


but that's not how MJDs work...

Carebear extraordinaire

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#15 - 2015-08-09 21:20:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Madd Adda wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:

You Microjumpdrive those atoms in the place of Abaddon, to the orbit. You just change the two places simultanously. Cool

Be sure to exercise less in futility and more in imagination.


but that's not how MJDs work...


Who cares, its new model. Better.

Quote:
Gravity WAS a theory, it's now a law


Not in game. For a reason.
Madd Adda
#16 - 2015-08-09 21:21:27 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Madd Adda wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:

You Microjumpdrive those atoms in the place of Abaddon, to the orbit. You just change the two places simultanously. Cool

Be sure to exercise less in futility and more in imagination.


but that's not how MJDs work...


Who cares, its new model.


you're just throwing away all logic for the sake of making EVE into Elite. please no.

Carebear extraordinaire

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#17 - 2015-08-09 21:25:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Madd Adda wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
Madd Adda wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:

You Microjumpdrive those atoms in the place of Abaddon, to the orbit. You just change the two places simultanously. Cool

Be sure to exercise less in futility and more in imagination.


but that's not how MJDs work...


Who cares, its new model.


your just throwing away all logic for the sake of making EVE into Elite. please no.


Not into Elite. Elite is different and will be different. EVE could have planetary interaction on a new level, well in an art form actually, graphically. But if you dont see, as CCP dont see a sense of doing that... well, I only gave you all that idea. Its still too much... P

And I am not throwing away logic, I make new things. Say, how much sense makes mobile microjumpdrive in this game, how logic is it? You see my point?
Iain Cariaba
#18 - 2015-08-09 21:45:11 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Madd Adda wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
Madd Adda wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:

You Microjumpdrive those atoms in the place of Abaddon, to the orbit. You just change the two places simultanously. Cool

Be sure to exercise less in futility and more in imagination.


but that's not how MJDs work...


Who cares, its new model.


your just throwing away all logic for the sake of making EVE into Elite. please no.


Not into Elite. Elite is different and will be different. EVE could have planetary interaction on a new level, well in an art form actually, graphically. But if you dont see, as CCP dont see a sense of doing that... well, I only gave you all that idea. Its still too much... P

And I am not throwing away logic, I make new things. Say, how much sense makes mobile microjumpdrive in this game, how logic is it? You see my point?

Not into Elite, really?
Quote:
Elite announced HORIZONS, CCP should make their own landing on a planet expansion...

You aren't allowed to directly contradict yourself and still havena valid, logical argument.

By the way, this is nothing new. This video is from 2006. If CCP hasn't done anything with this in almost a decade, I don't think the chances are high that they'll do anything with it at all.
Madd Adda
#19 - 2015-08-09 21:56:03 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Say, how much sense makes mobile microjumpdrive in this game, how logic is it? You see my point?


it makes more sense than spontaneously swapping the placement of atoms in two places.

Carebear extraordinaire

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#20 - 2015-08-09 21:58:03 UTC
Having landing on planet in a game does not make game into Elite. I am allowed to post ideas how to make expansion to EVE game world.

I did not contradict, I made an idea of expanding the EVE world, same as Elite developers made decision to expand theirs. My Idea is different, its EVE and CCP capable. EVE will not become Elite,


You are seeing what I have seen, You are good with not having it in a game, I dont.
We are different.
We argue.
CCP sits on its hands.
12Next page