These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stealth Bomber skills questions

First post
Author
Zied Lemmont
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-07-12 21:19:10 UTC
Hi everyone. I'm hoping to get a few tips on where to go with my young main who is chugging towards bomber pilot status. I have been soo hard up to remap perception lately, but fought the urge to get my core skills up to IV. Anyhow, I have a few questions:

1. From what I can tell there's a wide variety of ewar mods used by bombers in various fits. Is it a safe bet to just train all the ewar skills to IV or are there some that don't see as much use?

2. Rigging wise I have launcher, astronautic, shield, and electronic superiority. Are there any other rigging mods I might use?

3. More of a long-run question just to sate my curiosity, but what additional support or tanking skills would be good to have for interceptors? That'll be my next goal.

Thanks mates!
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#2 - 2015-07-12 22:04:32 UTC
I'm assuming you're training Nemesis since you are Gallente

If you open the info sheet for the Nemesis you'll see tabs for requirements and mastery. The requirements are what you need to sit in the ship, Mastery includes the skills you need to fly it properly. Ideally you want mastery level III. Looking through the certificates, I don't see any mention of EWAR skills for that ship.

Do the same thing for Interceptors - or any other ship you are interested in.

Do not waste a remap while training 8 day skills - wait a year when you are starting on high rank level 5 skills that take a month. Even then make sure you have at least 6 months worth of skills queued up that benefit from that remap.
Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#3 - 2015-07-12 23:25:00 UTC
Zied Lemmont wrote:
1. From what I can tell there's a wide variety of ewar mods used by bombers in various fits. Is it a safe bet to just train all the ewar skills to IV or are there some that don't see as much use?

Sensor Dampeners and Target Painters can both have a use on a fleet bomber, usually a Manticore which has the extra midslot. Tracking disruptors don't get as much use in this context, but I have seen them called for by the FC on occasion. ECM modules are nigh on useless on any un-bonused hull.

When doing actual bombing runs, you don't have time to apply EWAR.

I'd suggest training the actual Bomb skill to IV to use Void Bombs.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Orlacc
#4 - 2015-07-13 03:27:18 UTC
What do you plan on doing with it?

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Chance Ravinne
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#5 - 2015-08-09 01:12:55 UTC
For ewar, target painting and sensor damps are the most common, as well as of course propulsion inhibition stuff for scrams and webs. ECM and TD you will likely never use.

Tanking, don't bother really, but make sure you can fit a medium shield extender, preferably T2 as an option. MSE fit is fairly common for bombers so it's good to have that option.

Don't overlook targeting skills and thermodynamics. Nothing sucks worse than losing a target after tons of setup work because you didn't lock fast enough or your point burned out.

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT

Tisiphone Dira
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-09-15 11:07:44 UTC
^ listen to this guy, he wrote the book on stealthbombers, literally.

Not going to plug your book chance?

There once was a ganker named tisi

A stunningly beautiful missy

To gank a gross miner

There is nothing finer, cept when they get all pissy

Chance Ravinne
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#7 - 2015-09-15 18:00:10 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
^ listen to this guy, he wrote the book on stealthbombers, literally.

Not going to plug your book chance?

I feel like it gets enough exposure without manually spamming it. Figure I can keep links off forum posts.That's what my agent advised me to do anyway.

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT