These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Aegis 1.0 SDE - Released

First post First post
Author
Desmont McCallock
#1 - 2015-07-08 20:27:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Desmont McCallock
SDE for Aegis just got released so get your copies. Stay tuned for more info on it.

Summary of issues with SDE:
- invGroups data have not transferred to a yaml file.
- invGategories data have not be transferred to a yaml file.
- Various data of invTypes have not been transferred to the typesIDs.yaml file (i.e mass, volume,capacity, portionSize, raceID, basePrice, published, marketGroupID, chanceOfDuplicating).
Medusa The Gorgon
Temple of the Serpent
The Gorgon Empire
#2 - 2015-07-08 20:29:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Medusa The Gorgon
Desmont McCallock wrote:
SDE for Aegis just got released so get your copies. Stay tuned for more info on it.

invTypes table is empty Twisted
Desmont McCallock
#3 - 2015-07-08 20:32:15 UTC
We already knew that this would happen.
Medusa The Gorgon
Temple of the Serpent
The Gorgon Empire
#4 - 2015-07-08 20:35:49 UTC
You mean it won't be released or it somewhere else or the dump is flawed? My killboard relies on that table...
CCP Tellus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2015-07-08 20:42:02 UTC
Medusa The Gorgon wrote:
You mean it won't be released or it somewhere else or the dump is flawed? My killboard relies on that table...

The types are now stored in one of the YAML files, typeIDs.yaml.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#6 - 2015-07-08 21:02:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Steve Ronuken
CCP Tellus wrote:
Medusa The Gorgon wrote:
You mean it won't be released or it somewhere else or the dump is flawed? My killboard relies on that table...

The types are now stored in one of the YAML files, typeIDs.yaml.

But a bunch of the information which was in invTypes is now completely gone.

| mass | double | YES | | NULL | |
| volume | double | YES | | NULL | |
| capacity | double | YES | | NULL | |
| portionSize | int(11) | YES | | NULL | |
| raceID | tinyint(3) unsigned | YES | | NULL | |
| basePrice | decimal(19,4) | YES | | NULL | |
| published | tinyint(1) | YES | | NULL | |
| marketGroupID | int(11) | YES | | NULL | |
| chanceOfDuplicating | double | YES | | NULL | |


all missing.

Will it be returned (in some form), or is it gone forever?

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

CCP Tellus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2015-07-08 21:11:56 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Will it be returned (in some form), or is it gone forever?
I'll poke some people and see if they know where this data has vanished to.
Desmont McCallock
#8 - 2015-07-08 21:13:33 UTC
Well, the disturbing part with this SDE release is the data lose it introduces on the invTypes table. We (3rd party devs) already mentioned that this would be a problem for us but why should CCP had listen to us.
Medusa The Gorgon
Temple of the Serpent
The Gorgon Empire
#9 - 2015-07-08 21:23:13 UTC
Data supplied in yaml is not enough. I don't see groupID or mass or baseprice, for exampe. Please return table in MSSQL dump. Even if you supplied the correct yaml - what are you trying to achieve ? Portion of data in MSSQL, another portion in yaml. This is stupid.
Next time you disable XML API and tell us all to use CREST ? I hope, I will be retired player when you'll think about it.
Ydnari
Estrale Frontiers
#10 - 2015-07-08 21:35:05 UTC
Pretty shoddy.

--

Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#11 - 2015-07-08 22:24:25 UTC
Heh, CCP make more challenge in DB than the game for capsuleers
Zifrian
Deep Space Innovations
#12 - 2015-07-08 22:36:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Zifrian
Desmont McCallock wrote:
Well, the disturbing part with this SDE release is the data lose it introduces on the invTypes table. We (3rd party devs) already mentioned that this would be a problem for us but why should CCP had listen to us.

invGroups and invCategories are also empty. The thing that is odd is that the empty tables are still in the SDE.

I would have liked to have a better heads up on this. The previous discussion Desmont refers too sounded like a thing that will happen, but it was never really resolved what it would look like so I assumed it'd come next update.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Zifrian
Deep Space Innovations
#13 - 2015-07-08 22:39:42 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
CCP Tellus wrote:
Medusa The Gorgon wrote:
You mean it won't be released or it somewhere else or the dump is flawed? My killboard relies on that table...

The types are now stored in one of the YAML files, typeIDs.yaml.

But a bunch of the information which was in invTypes is now completely gone.

| mass | double | YES | | NULL | |
| volume | double | YES | | NULL | |
| capacity | double | YES | | NULL | |
| portionSize | int(11) | YES | | NULL | |
| raceID | tinyint(3) unsigned | YES | | NULL | |
| basePrice | decimal(19,4) | YES | | NULL | |
| published | tinyint(1) | YES | | NULL | |
| marketGroupID | int(11) | YES | | NULL | |
| chanceOfDuplicating | double | YES | | NULL | |


all missing.

Will it be returned (in some form), or is it gone forever?

Volume, portionSize, raceID, published and marketGroupID are all essential to IPH processing.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Jack Tronic
borkedLabs
#14 - 2015-07-09 00:03:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Tronic
:CCP:

Looks like I'm writing down values from the client by hand!
Darkblad
Doomheim
#15 - 2015-07-09 06:04:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
Entries with tcID 33 also got removed from trnTranslationColumns and trnTranslations
It contained translations of invTypes.description, which now exist in the typeIDs.yaml *1

I can't remember the tcID of translations for typeName right now.

Next to other use cases, tcID was essential for a special use case, as I already mentioned in the #devfleet slack.


*1 The format of several special characters there is a mess. As my focus on desciptions was mainly on linebreaks, I quickly noticed that those are either

\r\n

or
\n

or
CHAR(10)

NPEISDRIP

Darkblad
Doomheim
#16 - 2015-07-09 06:16:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
It also appears to be intentional, that invGroups and invCategories is empty:

ebs_DATADUMP.sql wrote:
--
-- CHANGE LOG STARTS

-- CHANGED IN (realeaseName) (releaseNumber)

-- Removed table invTypes
-- Removed table invGroups
-- Removed table invCategories
-- Removed all keys on and referring invTypes, invGroups and invCategories

(no DROP TABLE for any of those in the sql below)

I love it how the CHANGED IN values did'nt get added Roll



As a selfish note, this change strikes me harder than all unfavorable changes of this year's updates combined.

NPEISDRIP

Hel O'Ween
Men On A Mission
#17 - 2015-07-09 07:14:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Hel O'Ween
Medusa The Gorgon wrote:
what are you trying to achieve


CCP's reason is (simply put) shifting (the client's) database lookup away from the centralized server and towards decentralized/local lookups. Which is good for the game (server load) and the game client ... but leaves us 3rd party devs with the mess we're currently facing ...

EVEWalletAware - an offline wallet manager.

Desmont McCallock
#18 - 2015-07-09 07:28:48 UTC
There is only one workaround I see atm. Copy missing data from previous SDE and hope for the best. But this is not long term viable solution. I still have hope that the guy/guys at CCP will rise to the occasion.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#19 - 2015-07-09 07:42:02 UTC
Taking into account how much CCP did rise regarding the missing tcID 33 that happened with the carnyx SDE ("not"), I'm not optimistic. Though that flaw most likely only affected A few 3rd parties.

NPEISDRIP

Desmont McCallock
#20 - 2015-07-09 07:44:41 UTC
Yet another workaround is to tap directly into the dbs the client uses. Have a look at your clients' bin folder. You will find there the missing data (evecategories.db, evegroups.db, evetypes.db). Those are SQLite dbs.
12Next page