These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NEW skill request neurological remapping

First post
Author
deadsilent
POS Party
Ember Sands
#1 - 2015-07-06 03:50:48 UTC
I would like to see CCP response to a why does we have a skill to cut down on attribute remapping. I think that having a skill that apply a 10% reduction per-level is warrant at this stage in the game development. further being able to save to bounces remaps. as the game changes every few months so the players need to change skill focus. having 6 months until a remap is a lot more practical than 12.

Thank you.
I await CCP response.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#2 - 2015-07-06 07:27:48 UTC
Thread has been moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#3 - 2015-07-06 08:00:13 UTC
or you know we could not do this and have you actually have to make a meaningful choice about where you invest your priorities...

10% per level is way to much 5% is probably still to much... Also there's a sticky on the this topic
Amarisen Gream
Pleasant Peninsula Productions
Digital Vendetta
#4 - 2015-07-06 09:26:36 UTC
Isn't the current major thought about removing attributes - so remaps would be pointless.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Dominique Vasilkovsky
#5 - 2015-07-08 20:04:51 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:
Isn't the current major thought about removing attributes - so remaps would be pointless.

This is indeed a much better approach. The remaps was a band aid for the terrible start attributes a long time ago.
Amarisen Gream
Pleasant Peninsula Productions
Digital Vendetta
#6 - 2015-07-09 06:43:48 UTC
I know I have posted a number of times and with different degrees of how SP should be gained.
One even included "grinding" . And after another year in EVE I know why grinding SP is bad. People will abuse the system. That is just how EVE players are -

My most recent- and still strongest feelings is a system that allows players to increase their SP gain by staying focused.
Focused skilling means - I am developing my PVP/E ship and weapon skills - so as long as I stay on Primary Attribute Presception, I could max my SP Gain to say 2600-3000 an hour. But if for some reason I decide I wanna learn some shield skills or market skills - my SP gain would drop back to base of like 1800-2000 p/h.

This would be more of an adaptive attribute system that isn't so harsh in long-term (being stuck in one attribute map for a year), to having short-term kicks to the ****s if the player likes to change their skill queue every other day (looking at self in mirror)

Cybernetics skill would need changed - my thoughts on it can be found else were - it's current issue is that many people see my change to it as a "learning skill"

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Tabyll Altol
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2015-07-09 14:30:13 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:

I would hope so.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#8 - 2015-07-10 10:33:52 UTC
meh playing over 2 years and still dont know what a remap is

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#9 - 2015-07-12 03:11:32 UTC
no - the only time players need more frequent remaps is at the beginning - hence why newbros get 2 bonus remaps

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#10 - 2015-07-12 03:34:23 UTC
deadsilent wrote:
I would like to see CCP response to a why does we have a skill to cut down on attribute remapping. I think that having a skill that apply a 10% reduction per-level is warrant at this stage in the game development. further being able to save to bounces remaps. as the game changes every few months so the players need to change skill focus. having 6 months until a remap is a lot more practical than 12.

Thank you.
I await CCP response.

When I was your age there was no remapping, there was learning skills, advanced learning skills and you had better chosen the right bloodline (there is only one..) so you would have the best starting attributes.

There were no rigs, no weapon grouping, no skillque, no warp to 0km, no all alliance members need 47423948297428034 carriers, soopers, titans for ratting 3834746736756372 anomalies at the same time, no incursions, no level 5 missions, no wormholes.

Stop complaining, now!

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Reaver Glitterstim
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#11 - 2015-07-12 05:02:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
If the remap timer were brought down to a 6-month minimum, it would be most prudent to provide that minimum to the newest characters. It is the older characters who can most easily spare a year until the next remap.

I think remaps should go by SP: you start with two free remaps and your main remap cooldown starts at one month, and then increases gradually until it reaches one year at 50 million skillpoints. At 2000 skillpoints per hour, it would take 25,000 hours, or about 2.85 years to train up to 50,000,000 SP.

elitatwo wrote:
no skillque

No skill-QWAY

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."