These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

On Tukoss's remains and the DED

Author
Lucas Raholan
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
#1 - 2015-06-28 22:20:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Raholan
To all pilots and interested parties,

Events of the last week have been fast moving and uncompromising, following from the recovery and subsequent investigation into what little remains of the late Dr Hilen Tukoss. After the expeditionary group lead by Makoto Priano recovered this sample from an unidentified wormhole containing a significant Drifter presence, CONCORD saw fit to make unprecedented demands and threats befitting that of the Angel Cartel in an attempt to relieve it from scientists and advocators of knowledge under the auspices of establishing what we had already established under their supervision

I find these heavy-handed and ****-eyed actions deplorable. They cry of an organisation that sees itself not as a proponent of peace, but one of tyrannical power. One would be forgiven for wondering if Tibus Heth found a new occupation as the Director of CONCORD.
Their actions certainly seem to suggest it, and until such a time as they show otherwise, I will continue to view them as nothing more than a well-funded group of thugs and extortionists, whose attempts to make a singular capsuleer a pariah see fit to threaten seemingly those who beyond the initial study into the cortex have had no input on the following actions.

Now, some of you even suggested that I that held little regard for my fellow pilots’ situation and was merely following my own pride with little regard. I must say that you are forming your own rather uninformed view based on facts you do not possess. Whilst this is perhaps partially the case, I do indeed maintain concern about my fellow colleagues and feel somewhat responsible for their current situations.

Needless to say I am not deaf, and despite my hopes, his Grand Inquisitor Ohrud Omel has seen it upon himself to order me on behalf of her Holy Empress’s Imperial government to comply with the DED. I find this peculiar given their own actions regarding the distribution of station shield tech in the last few weeks in violation of CONCORD’s laws and edicts. However, unlike CONCORD, the Empire is actually capable of reason and civility, something dear Odo Korachi clearly never learnt as a child.

Subject to Lord Omel’s request, I have grudgingly transferred Tukoss’s remains to the DED. This may disappoint many out there, as it certainly does myself, but there was little option as my position was becoming increasingly untenable. I must thank all of those offering support ranging from sanctuary to supplies to open warfare on behalf of myself and my fellow persecuted colleagues; your offers will not be forgotten by myself or my colleagues. To those who’d rather toe the line of a such a disreputable organisation rather than support your fellow empyreans in their persecution, if you should be in a position where you require help, do not be surprised when you are abandoned to your fate by those who see CONCORD and the DED for what they truly are, nothing better than pirates of the worst kind. You would find more honour amongst the Blood Raiders than within the halls of the DED.

As to Aldrith Shutaq and his most delightful comments posted earlier, I have never read more ill-informed, vile drivel come out of PIE in all my years as a capsuleer. The mere thought people actually hold you in esteem shocks and near sickens me. If that is the kind of people PIE is happy to have in leadership, I’m not surprised you are currently losing in the warzone; you are clearly more concerned with writing posts so frothingly mad that Dame Death looks like a being of supreme intelligence. I shall expect a full in person apology from not just you, but PIE’s CEO for such detestable actions.

With Regards
Lucas Raholan

Shitposts so bad CONCORD gave me a 50 billion ISK bounty

Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#2 - 2015-06-28 22:21:09 UTC
Pilots,

I would like to say that I support Lord Raholan’s decision, as it remains true to his convictions, and also hopefully resolves this unprecedented crisis. It is important to recognize that he obeys an authority he recognizes, rather than obeying an authority whose legitimacy he questions, and whose actions have alienated him. That this action was forced by the hegemonic tactics of the DED remains non-ideal.

It remains my firm belief that CONCORD and the DED would best be served in the longer term by exploring the value of social capital in ensuring compliance and dedication on the part of independent capsuleers. What’s more, it remains my belief that CONCORD’s efficacy will be greatly harmed by continued belligerence and authoritarian methods, eroding what little social capital the organization has remaining, alienating those who are best positioned to assist it in confronting the challenges facing New Eden. This trend runs counter to CONCORD’s stated mandate of ensuring cluster security.

Further, I must say that this episode has demonstrated to me who IKAME should regard as stalwart friends, and who IKAME must regard as fair-weather friends. What’s more, the heated words on the forum have done none of us any service. I would hope for more empathy and diplomacy in the discussion that followed, and have found the logic of some lacking when they have declared their support for the DED.

At this point, Raholan has ultimately complied with the DED’s demands.

I await the decision of Korachi.

In service,
Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries, Ltd.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Maxemillian Caldera
#3 - 2015-06-28 22:24:21 UTC
What do I do with all these High-Tech Small Arms now?!
Frenjo Borkstar
Doomheim
#4 - 2015-06-28 22:27:08 UTC
Like i've said all along, I stand by the decisions of Raholan and Priano as I wouldn't be much of a friend if I didn't.
It was their choice to make, and they made it.

I've realised that nothing will be gained by fighting the system, but we have to work with the system to help them improve in their own way.

Running wasn't the answer, and this whole ordeal has made me realise that.

We all await Korachi anxiously.

Viriel,

Borkstar Laboratories,

The Borkstar Initiative.

Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#5 - 2015-06-28 22:27:12 UTC
Thank you for complying, Lord Raholan.
Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#6 - 2015-06-28 22:30:17 UTC
It sounds like a storm in a kettle...
darkezero
Special Unit 17
#7 - 2015-06-28 22:32:17 UTC
Saddened to hear this, truly.

I hope CONCORD will be transparent with the actions taken upon the sliver, they're not transparent with much else.
Liam Antolliere
Liberty Vanguard
#8 - 2015-06-28 22:32:34 UTC
Lord Raholan,

It is pleasing to see that you have submitted yourself to proper authority, if not the authority of CONCORD itself. That you have chosen such submission while pointedly reinforcing the principle of your opposition speaks highly of your conviction and of your character.

While I remain displeased with CONCORD for their choice of methodology in this situation, I can at least find some measure of appreciation for your compliance without backpedaling.

Perhaps reason may yet win this day.

"Though the people may hate me, that does not relieve me of my charge."

Jaret Victorian
#9 - 2015-06-28 22:35:00 UTC
Frenjo Borkstar wrote:
Like i've said all along, I stand by the decisions of Raholan and Priano as I wouldn't be much of a friend if I didn't.
It was their choice to make, and they made it.

I've realised that nothing will be gained by fighting the system, but we have to work with the system to help them improve in their own way.

Running wasn't the answer, and this whole ordeal has made me realise that.

We all await Korachi anxiously.

You, two-faced!..

Bah! I trust my colleagues, but...
Makoto Priano
#10 - 2015-06-28 22:36:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Makoto Priano
Lyn Farel wrote:
It sounds like a storm in a kettle...

Ms. Farel, bounties valued at approximately 135 billion ISK and possible asset seizure and future corporate penalties are perhaps on the not-small side of threats.

Jaret Victorian wrote:
You, two-faced!..

Bah! I trust my colleagues, but...

It is often best to ignore such statements.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Gorion Wassenar
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#11 - 2015-06-28 22:36:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Gorion Wassenar
You made a hard choice and I respect that. Lets see if that will be the right decision.

Rote Kapelle - NOW IN SLIGHTLY MORE LAW ABIDING FLAVOR!

"DRINK STARSI!" ©®™Ownership Group Chairman

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
#12 - 2015-06-28 22:41:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
While CONCORD's actions recently do indeed appear suspicious to many, we still lack vital information concerning why exactly they have been as persistent as they have been to obtain the sample.

I am glad to see that this issue is (hopefully) coming to a close; information is the goal at all costs at this time, and splintering ourselves will do nothing but hinder our ability to prepare for whatever is yet to come. My only wish is that CONCORD would begin to act less like a superior entity to us all; progress would continue at a much faster pace if they were to branch out and include those who could certainly assist in efforts.

Regardless of the cause of it, I am glad to see conflict coming to an end.

-Uriel
Aldrith Shutaq
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#13 - 2015-06-28 22:41:39 UTC
Of course it was ill-informed, vile drivel. The point was to make you prove me wrong. I am happy you have done so, my lord, and I gladly bow my head for your forgiveness!

My promised apology is posted in place of my happy mistake. You will have to discuss things directly with the admiralty if you wish for an apology from them; I am not entirely certain they are aware of what occurred just yet.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Max Singularity
House Singularity
Sixth Empire
#14 - 2015-06-28 22:42:42 UTC
Lucas Raholan wrote:

(Concord) cry of an organisation that sees itself not as a proponent of peace, but one of tyrannical power.
With Regards
Lucas Raholan

This is an outrage to all capsuleers. Are we all asleep? Are we all under a spell of some dark witch?

For Concord to issue a 50 Billion Isk bounty on a Capsuleer merits a full investigation regarding due process!

Harbinger of Faith His Holiness Maximilian Singularity VI, Pope of New Eden

First Champion House Kador (defeated) - #MagnateGate

Viceroy Interview & Apostle In Amarr

H1de0
#15 - 2015-06-28 22:52:46 UTC
A sense of great relief follows Raholan-san's decission as we all can leave politics aside and focus on science again.

Let us just hope that the DED, should they dig up anything new with the sample, will make their research results public.

Decrypting the Sleeper cache..

Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2015-06-28 22:53:10 UTC
Max Singularity wrote:
Lucas Raholan wrote:

(Concord) cry of an organisation that sees itself not as a proponent of peace, but one of tyrannical power.
With Regards
Lucas Raholan

This is an outrage to all capsuleers. Are we all asleep? Are we all under a spell of some dark witch?

For Concord to issue a 50 Billion Isk bounty on a Capsuleer merits a full investigation regarding due process!

CONCORD has clearly become corrupt and obsessed with their own iron grasp on the Empires' space. All capsuleers within the space claimed by the Great Empires should throw off the shackles of CONCORD's tyranny. Join the armadas of the new empires in sovereign space beyond CONCORD's grasp. And when the time comes, join the Imperium in showing all of New Eden the righteousness of the True Emperor, Max Singularity VI, First of His Name. Long may he reign!
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#17 - 2015-06-28 22:53:19 UTC
H1de0 wrote:
A sense of great relief follows Raholan-san's decission as we all can leave politics aside and focus on science again.

Let us just hope that the DED, should they dig up anything new with the sample, will make their research results public.

Ahahahahahaaha
Max Singularity
House Singularity
Sixth Empire
#18 - 2015-06-28 22:58:58 UTC
H1de0 wrote:

Let us just hope that the DED....

Without serious Capsuleer oversight, I expect no hope from DED, nor from the 'Harbinger of Hope'. Just saying.

DED's written response to me of, "Our relationship to the Drifters is Classified" does little to inspire 'hope' in these grave matters.

Harbinger of Faith His Holiness Maximilian Singularity VI, Pope of New Eden

First Champion House Kador (defeated) - #MagnateGate

Viceroy Interview & Apostle In Amarr

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
#19 - 2015-06-28 23:14:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Max Singularity wrote:
H1de0 wrote:

Let us just hope that the DED....

Without serious Capsuleer oversight, I expect no hope from DED, nor from the 'Harbinger of Hope'. Just saying.

DED's written response to me of, "Our relationship to the Drifters is Classified" does little to inspire 'hope' in these grave matters.

Frankly, I don't expect any willingly helpful contact from the Assembly. However, if that's the case, the best thing we can do as Empyreans is continue to pursue our own efforts; we certainly breached the Hives before CONCORD or any of the empires were able to. Who could possibly think that we won't be able to find more ourselves?

The details of the Drifters need to be made known as soon as possible, regardless of whether or not those in power choose to aid in uncovering their aim, origin and ambition.

-Uriel
Vizage
Capital Allied Industrial Distribution
#20 - 2015-06-28 23:27:24 UTC
You've done the right thing Mr. Raholan. You've spared yourself, your crews, those you call friends and their crews a hardship not worth the prize, and you've done so with tact and poignant opposition. Truly noble.

I wish everyone involved the best of luck and hope this dreadful nonsense comes to a close in quick fashion.

Cooler heads prevailed, today you proved we can truly weigh the odds and account for whats most important.

With utmost sincerity and well wishes
-K. Amsel
123Next pageLast page