These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Short skillplans that maximize fun per hour?

Author
Kgu
#1 - 2015-06-22 13:56:14 UTC
I see activity on the forums is in decline, but I'd like to broach a topic that may interest alt loving vets and newbies alike. The plan is to gather a few detailed low sp skill plans here and eventually publish them along with some elaboration for a rookie guide to picking a fun career path. I know this has been done with tackling in particular several times before, but it never hurts to update things for new content patches at the very least. So feel free to leave any plans you're fond of and why they're good fun or fun enough to bear the min-max times. I'd prefer to cap the duration to a month, but shorter is better. I'll probably split them up by duration with breakpoints at 1, 2, 3, and 4 weeks .

Also, if anyone has insights on how to cheaply host a skillplans compendium that would be neat too. I'm treating this as a but of practice for my upcoming programming and Web Development classes in the fall. Thanks in advance!
Velarra
#2 - 2015-06-22 16:04:45 UTC
Cynicism: oh, so you can make a few of the best and sell them on the bazaar, based on others' contributions / ideas?

Optimism: :) Well. This is an amusing idea however the problem with quick to train skill paths is the buff/nerf cycle. One season a certain frigate and style of flight or activity is the greatest/fit of the month. Next season / patch it fades from favor.
Felton Lichtersnatch
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-07-27 20:35:36 UTC
I think the shortest path to fun is 4 steps.

1) Train to tackle frigate.
2) Get an Eve Basics hour class with an experienced FC
3) Get an hour of tackle class with an experienced FC
4) Go on a roam.

I think this can be done in like 48 hours. My first PVP experience was like the above, but it came after a year of floundering around and mining. Wish it had been in my first week.
Billy Bojangle
Doomheim
#4 - 2015-08-03 17:48:37 UTC
Felton Lichtersnatch wrote:
I think the shortest path to fun is 4 steps.

1) Train to tackle frigate.
2) Get an Eve Basics hour class with an experienced FC
3) Get an hour of tackle class with an experienced FC
4) Go on a roam.

I think this can be done in like 48 hours. My first PVP experience was like the above, but it came after a year of floundering around and mining. Wish it had been in my first week.

Slap an AB onto a malus with couple damps and go join a fleet within an hour or two.