These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Need A Character Name Change

First post
Author
Weed Warfare
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-06-18 12:47:46 UTC
Hello GM ,

I am trying to join eve University to learn the game which is one of your biggest corps for new players but

Quote:
Re: Eve Uni APplication
Sent: 2015.06.18 11:19
To: Weed Warfare,

I honestly don't give a toss what you want to do in RL, that's your own choice. We have full say over who joins our corp and I'm telling you that you cannot join EVE Uni with a character whose name contains a drug reference. If you disagree with our policy that's absolutely fine, there are many corps out there who will I'm sure be quite happy to have you.
Quote:

According to Laura for Eve University i cant join as my name has a drug reference .

Can you please allow me to change my name so i can Join the CORP , i really wana learn the game and they are the best .. and they wont let me join on both my names cause '
'
one is - Weed Warfare
Second - 420 sm0ker

So can you please tell me the process on how i can change the names so the corp would accept me and teach me about the game ?
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#2 - 2015-06-18 12:52:41 UTC
Eve university is a player organization, a ******** one, it is not official in any way.

Also you contact GMs via the "help" button in game by filing a support ticket.

Name changes aren't a thing either.
Memphis Baas
#3 - 2015-06-18 12:55:29 UTC
Your character names aren't offensive, just stupid.

The process for character name change is to fill a petition and see if they think the names are offensive or against the EVE EULA rules.

You may have to live with the consequences of your choices.
Anne Dieu-le-veut
Natl Assn for the Advancement of Criminal People
#4 - 2015-06-18 13:21:18 UTC
Read this guys post history (it's pretty short). It's quite mind boggling.
Paranoid Loyd
#5 - 2015-06-18 13:31:40 UTC
Anne Dieu-le-veut wrote:
Read this guys post history (it's pretty short). It's quite mind boggling.

Indeed, cant believe this guy hasnt been permabanned. If they did get past your name OP, your multiple RMT attempts would also get your application denied.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Weed Warfare
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2015-06-18 13:35:57 UTC
Do you guys know any Corp ? Who wouldnt be offended by the name but be happy enough to teach or help a newbiew learn ?.

I have 6.5 SP on this account , my brother gave it to me when he left for work . He stopped playing and said it was a 1 year subscription and i could play .

I can do pretty decent things , and i am a quick learner .. but i hate reading things cause it just complicates **** ..

I dont mind any corp memeber taking an hour on Teamspeak and giving me in the input , I learn faster that way .,.

If you guys know of any good corp , which is helpful , provides skillbooks , Helps people learn how to achieve there goal and also teach them the PVP mechanics of the game . I promise 7 hours of your time and illl know the game in and our

But i need friendly mature older people , not silly people who get offended by name , but still as i heard EVE uni was good i tried .

You guys are more experience players them me for sure .. Can you point me to a Good COrp other than eve Uni

which Helps new Players learn

Wormhole Combat
PVP running
Mission Running
How to Get REPS up
How to make money , What professions .. what skills i should focus on ..

If i get this iniitial help right , ill be able to make this character into something useful to any corp

I have 2 Rattlesnake , 2 Naga , 1 Drake , 2 Manticore . 2 Soorpion Naby Issue , 1 Raven and a couple of more like Retierver and Procurer.

I am still maxking out skills on Torpedos and others things .. But i need a lil guidance cause everytime i try something on my own ,it fail ..

Its just a lil bit of help , So if you know a Good Corp who has loads of members not 10-15 , And some Old gunners pwning New Eden since 2004- or 2005 . Id Love to Join it .,..

So please ., If you know any with active members present at least 50 + and have Team Speak or Ventrilo or Mumnble ...

Please recommend me , Ill apply there too .. Hope they wont get offend by Gods Creation lol
Paranoid Loyd
#7 - 2015-06-18 13:40:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
You're damaged goods man, your poor choices have doomed you, like I said the name was just the easiest excuse to use to deny you. Anyone who takes a half assed look at your history wouldn't touch you with a 10' pole

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#8 - 2015-06-18 13:43:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Archibald Thistlewaite III
You are going to end up banned from the game. You twice tried to RMT your account on the official Eve forums and now you admit to account sharing.

The best advice I can give you is to stop posting on the forums and use the ingame search tools and chat channels to find a suitable corp. You can also browse through the recruitment section of these forums here.

Don't worry about your name, if you made the effort not to come across as stoned in your posting no-one would take any notice of your name.

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

Weed Warfare
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-06-18 13:44:28 UTC
And i didnt get one thing ,

WHy would i get Permanent Ban ? What did i do wrong . No other game has this much crap going on with new players .. thats why people who play MOBA's are in Millions while eve has at max 30000 accounts out of which 15000 are alts ..

This game is not skill based or people wouldnt need help , This game is completely time based , And you need to know which skills your putting time into or your jacked . Thats what i am trying to find out.

And if my name is so wrong than its Eve's fault , the Game Name Mechanism can be uised to restrict certain time of name or content from being permitted .

I thought the name would be funny , and i cant believe i am having this discussion ??

All this why ? Cause i am recovering from Cancer and Weed helps me reduce the pain from Chrmo. Relaxes me , Unwinds me and makes me feel alive .

So yes i am sorry if i offended you guys ... All you see now a days is Players .. Sportsmanship and basic ethics towards others players doesnt exist.

People just like being sarcastic , Stupid , or Negative .. you should start playing the game for fun cause thats what they were meant for

Entertainment not Humiliation
Weed Warfare
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-06-18 13:49:01 UTC
II still dont get it

HOW CAN I GET BANNNED

EVE NAMING TOOL ALLOWED ME TO MAKE THE NAME .. IF IT WAS SUCH A BIG DEAL , WHY DID THEY NOT ALLOW ME TO USE THE WORD WEED OR 420 OR WHATEVER IT ITS .

Its like CCP goofes up and i have to pay , thats not fair .. i picked the name based on availability .. The Naming tool should shown names , if these can get banned...

EVE SHOULDNT ALLOW THEM TO BE USED ,

WHY AM I BEING BLAMED HERE .. I AM TRYING TO FIND A GOD DAMN WAY TO CHANGE THE NAME CAUSE ALL OF A SUDDEN EVERYONE HAS BECOME SENSITIVE ABOUT MARIJUANA WHILE ITS BECOMING LEGAL ALL OEVER
Paranoid Loyd
#11 - 2015-06-18 13:52:45 UTC
Yeah get mad and yell, that wil help.Roll

Fix the Prospect!

Weed Warfare
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-06-18 13:55:38 UTC
i didnt mean to yell

I am just confused about this EVE '

It Allowes you to make a name , then permanent BAN you and all the money and time you put in it .. just cause they consider that name wring
Isiana
School of The Recluses
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2015-06-18 13:55:46 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Yeah get mad and yell, that wil help.Roll

I've heard shouting 'I HAVE BEEN WRONGED' as loud as you can always helps Roll
Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#14 - 2015-06-18 13:59:33 UTC
Weed Warfare wrote:
i didnt mean to yell

I am just confused about this EVE '

It Allowes you to make a name , then permanent BAN you and all the money and time you put in it .. just cause they consider that name wring

Your name is not the problem.

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

Juan Diolosa
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#15 - 2015-06-18 14:06:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Juan Diolosa
Just biomass and start over with a new name; a name that would not cause objections from the Eve Uni staff.

6.5 million SP is nothing.

...or just biomass. Period.
Milla Jjovovich
Never Comeback Airline
Rate My Ticks
#16 - 2015-06-18 14:20:43 UTC
just tell them you're an irl gardener
Weed Warfare
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2015-06-18 14:28:18 UTC
Lol@ Irl gardner

and btw sorry for stupid question what is BioMass ?
Milla Jjovovich
Never Comeback Airline
Rate My Ticks
#18 - 2015-06-18 14:28:57 UTC
delete the char and start over from scratch
Juan Diolosa
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#19 - 2015-06-18 14:29:02 UTC
Weed Warfare wrote:
Lol@ Irl gardner

and btw sorry for stupid question what is BioMass ?

Biomass = Delete your character
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#20 - 2015-06-18 14:30:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Donnachadh
Weed Warfare wrote:
WHy would i get Permanent Ban ?

Let's start and end with RMT or real money trading, that is all you need to do to be perma banned.

And on this point confusion reigns supreme.
CCP will not perma-ban you because of your character name.
If they consider it to be offensive or against the TOS they will change it but you will keep your stuff and ISK.
Players cannot change the name of a character, however in some rare cases CCp can change it for you. To try this you will need to file a support ticket and see what happens.

As the others have stated it is likely that this specific characters past is the reason you were not accepted into EvE-Uni, the name was an easy out.

My suggestions.
Biomass this character and start another on the same account so you can get out from under the negative things associated with this character.
Since this character was your brothers if you do not want to biomass it then start another character on the same account you can have 3 per account, transfer everything to that character and move on.

If you do not like to read about a game and it's various activities, mechanics, ships and modules then EvE will not be a good fit for your gaming style.

Work on how you choose to phrase things in your posts. You sound like you are channeling Jeff Spicoli the perpetually stoned suffer dude from the movie Fast TImes at Ridgemont High and that definitely does not help you here or in game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Times_at_Ridgemont_High
12Next page