These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Skill Plans - EVEMon doesn't add Mastery to skill plan. Lame.

Author
Jack Argyle
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-05-16 02:05:11 UTC
So once upon a time, EVEMon used to add the skills from Certificates into the plan. Now that we have the Mastery system, it doesn't do this. Does anything exist that does? For instance...

I want to fly a Leviathan at Mastery III.

I make a plan called "Leviathan." I add the Leviathan ship to the skill plan - it tells me I can be in the ship in 205 days.

I look at the Mastery III - 231 days.

EVEMon does not, however, give me the option to add the Mastery III skills to the existing plan, which would come to a grand total of 436 days to fly a Mastery III Leviathan. If it did this, I would be able to use the "Optimize Attributes" option and save me a LOT of time.

So ...

1. Why doesn't EVEMon do this? It only adds the skills needed for the ship. I can look at the ship itself and see that.

2. Is there any program that does?

Thanks,

Jack
LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#2 - 2015-05-16 10:57:40 UTC
stoicfaux
#3 - 2015-05-17 17:27:29 UTC
Never mind that the Mastery levels have skills and/or skill levels of dubious value.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
#4 - 2015-05-18 10:02:20 UTC
+1 to stoicfaux's comment.

in addition to that, don't just train required skills to fly the ship, you also need to consider the modules and support skills in your training.

my suggestion is, make the fit in EFT/Osmium/Pyfa, then import it to EvEMon, tweak the skill training level (ie. jump portal generation 1 is required but you need to train it to 4 atleast) and then add support skills (i.e. jump fuel consumption is not a requirement in a titan but definitely a necessary skill).

Just Add Water

Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-05-19 17:14:23 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Never mind that the Mastery levels have skills and/or skill levels of dubious value.

Granted but its a big improvement over certs and i find the masteries generally are not missing any skills, so they are a decent reference point.
Marech Bhayanaka
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2015-06-26 03:01:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Marech Bhayanaka
Evemon is an incredibly useful program provided to you at no cost by a volunteer. You might consider not calling it lame when asking for more free labour.

Marech.
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#7 - 2015-06-26 06:01:50 UTC
Jack Argyle wrote:

EVEMon adds the skills needed for the ship. I can look at the ship itself and see that.
Then I can look at the mastery and see that too. Should be easy for anybody that has over a year to make/improve a plan.

I think I'll commit Doomheim now,

Jack

FTFY