These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Anomalies and escalations

Author
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#1 - 2015-05-08 11:25:49 UTC
After spending some time in lowsec I've decided to dust off my gila and do few anomalies in hisec. First site (blood den) and escalation poped up (Blood Raider Psychotropics Depot). I was sure that from BRs dens we can get DED4 ( monastery).
Was there any changes?
Can get more that one type of escalation from anomalies?
Also can anybody confirm we can get escalation from any of anomalies in hisec (burrow to den)?
Do we still have hull restrictions at gates in escalation from anoms?

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
Parasitic Legion.
#2 - 2015-05-08 21:55:17 UTC
From what i have seen and found a Den site will escalate to a 5/10. I don't believe you can get a different type of escalation from an anomaly.
Hideaway's usually lead to 3/10 sites, and if i recall right i had a burrow lead to a 3/10 also.
And finally yes the sites have the same hull restrictions that are present with the ones you scan down.

On a side note i have often gotten better loot from a rated DED site escalation vs the ones i scanned down.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#3 - 2015-05-09 08:41:25 UTC
I started with sansha's last night. Done few refuges and dens.
Refuge escalate to named DED 3
Den into named DED 5.

DED 3 spawned in null sec Big smile.

Omnathious Deninard wrote:
And finally yes the sites have the same hull restrictions that are present with the ones you scan down.

Yep, took my tengu into null to check if i can enter. Nope.

I will further investigate sanshas and then will move to raiders sites.
accorind to
anomalies
raiders den escalate to DED 4 and i had DED 5 from it (tough one with neuts and stasis towers).

Jump distances are always very high for me, usually 8-10 jumps. Most of the time it's 9 jumps i don't even have to check it, it's like default number for me...

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2015-05-09 21:06:42 UTC
Back in the past it was easy to keep Evelopedia info correct and updated but now, due to CCP constantly messing around and changing everything every 6 weeks, I'd say don't be surprised to find things have changed.

Ugh

Probably best to just expect the unexpected. It is exploration, right ?

DMC
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#5 - 2015-05-10 17:20:45 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Back in the past it was easy to keep Evelopedia info correct and updated but now, due to CCP constantly messing around and changing everything every 6 weeks, I'd say don't be surprised to find things have changed.

That's why i think i will start to update pages about exploration on Evelopedia. I've started to update chart about what escalation we can get from what anomaly. Going kinda rough because i have zero experience with creating online pages Big smile. I have experience with sanshas and raiders sites only so it will take time i think. Evelopedia doesn't even has exploration subcategory...

DeMichael Crimson wrote:

Probably best to just expect the unexpected. It is exploration, right ?

Fully agree, but in case of anomalies, i think it's good to know what we can expect from most boring part of PvE. Also knowledge is power, it will be good base to discuss what is the current state of anomalies and escalations.