These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Excited about skill training...

Author
Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-04-22 15:07:16 UTC
Do you get excited about training skills ?, Well when a skill has 5hrs left before its nearly trained, I doP

Some skills i have been putting off for so long.. this is one of them: Capacitor Management Level 5
Counting down the hours, till its complete: 5h 19m 54s ...woop woop

Quick question:

What skills did you choose to train, but kept putting it off ? Blink

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Iroquoiss Pliskin
9B30FF Labs
#2 - 2015-04-22 15:10:42 UTC
I'll get naked when Thermodynamics V finishes. ヽ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ノ
Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-04-22 15:20:35 UTC
Iroquoiss Pliskin wrote:
I'll get naked when Thermodynamics V finishes. ヽ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ノ

Clean thoughts about Thermodynamics & being naked... over heating modules Shocked clean thoughts BlinkRollPShockedOops

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#4 - 2015-04-22 15:29:18 UTC  |  Edited by: RavenPaine
One of the terms you'll hear from older vets is "skillqueue online"
I think a lot of players enjoy the skill goals, almost as much as the game.

Myself, I'm long past what I'd call 'the basic skills', but I still have evemon plans with hundreds of days in them.
Perfect Tengu
Perfect Capitals
Perfect scanning
etc.

I generally hate the longest skills, so I'd have to say, those are the ones I most like to see completed.
Capital ships V
Fighter Bombers V
are just a couple that I have slated this year.
Stampertje'n
V I R I I
#5 - 2015-04-23 08:39:22 UTC
i'm more excited the skillmarks that i set for myself.

Like in this and 30 days I gonna have for all 4 races frig/des/cruiser/bc T1 & T2 ship skills @ V
After that going for all subsystems to V then EW all to V.

All V skillboard in the making :D
Erik Sokarad
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2015-04-24 12:57:13 UTC
i tend to focus more on certificate levels, than skill levels, for when to be excited. those are bigger goalposts with more requirements, although for many of them V is a meaningless point.

looking at your overall mastery levels in ISIS is a rewarding thing, to know how many ships you can fly well, even if you will only ever own and fit a few of those hulls.

the longer skills do get annoying, but they can unlock so much more. each racial cruiser you get to 5 unlocks that many more T2 hulls, after all.
Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-04-24 13:28:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Celise Katelo
Erik Sokarad wrote:
i tend to focus more on certificate levels, than skill levels, for when to be excited. those are bigger goalposts with more requirements, although for many of them V is a meaningless point.

looking at your overall mastery levels in ISIS is a rewarding thing, to know how many ships you can fly well, even if you will only ever own and fit a few of those hulls.

the longer skills do get annoying, but they can unlock so much more. each racial cruiser you get to 5 unlocks that many more T2 hulls, after all.

Yeah, some of them Tier2 Cruisers look amazing with stats to match.P

My next goal once i have finished 5 more skills i would like to train up my Tengu skills.

Missile Projection to level 5
Target Management to level 5
Advanced Weapon Upgrades to level 4
Cloaking to level 4
Propulsion Jamming to level 4

Tengu Sub systems (All to level 6.. ops Edit level 5), but then i still need to train up my Rigging skills... Doh so many to train Shocked

Pippinpaddleopsicopolis Padocain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-04-24 18:40:42 UTC
Currently training into interdictors, each day I'm more excited. *swoons*

I definitely know that feeling of excitement over new skills.

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#9 - 2015-04-24 19:21:41 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
One of the terms you'll hear from older vets is "skillqueue online"
I think a lot of players enjoy the skill goals, almost as much as the game.

Myself, I'm long past what I'd call 'the basic skills', but I still have evemon plans with hundreds of days in them.
Perfect Tengu
Perfect Capitals
Perfect scanning
etc.

I generally hate the longest skills, so I'd have to say, those are the ones I most like to see completed.
Capital ships V
Fighter Bombers V
are just a couple that I have slated this year.

Yeah, I'll be really, really glad when I have Fighters V done. I'm torn on whether to bother with Fighter Bombers at all. The odds of that character ever sitting in a super are somewhat slim but on the other hand: maxed drone skills. All for the "low" cost of six weeks training.
Dominique Vasilkovsky
#10 - 2015-04-24 22:52:43 UTC
Currently cleaning up all the rigging skills to 5, then off to something else to get to 5.
Khanid Voltar
#11 - 2015-04-25 21:44:55 UTC
I spend far, far more time playing Evemon than I do playing Eve-Online.

It is strange to see certain 10 year goals beginning to approach fruition although it is somewhat surprising that CCP have not released far more skills (T2 capital specializations?) as a sink to hedge against long term players maxing out PVP.

Currently working towards maxing out subcap PVP atm, ETA about 2.5 years. Am already moist at the thought.
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#12 - 2015-04-28 02:02:57 UTC
Not as much as I use to. With the unlimited skill queue I find myself forgetting what I was training. (There was a recent blog post expressing this sentiment but I couldn't find it.) Now when hear 'skill training complete' I frequently have to click on the icon to find out what she is talking about.

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#13 - 2015-04-28 10:27:00 UTC
Very little, nowadays, tbh. At around 70 million I realized I had trained everything I would consider I really NEED, since then whatever I train feels more like cleaning up.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#14 - 2015-05-21 23:34:07 UTC
I have put off the longest skills until now.....you know,the ones that are 10x and higher.Oh,and yes I am very enthusiastic about skill training that I constantly re-arrange my skill queue.