These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New to Plexing

Author
The Eve Terrorist
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-04-21 03:23:08 UTC
I've been running plexes out in Syndicate for a few weeks now and I'm loving it. However, I've been slow at them trying to do them in my Nestor. I can do the 8/10s and 9/10s but haven't found a 10/10 to try yet. It seems like I'm really slow and I bring out tons of people looking to bag a nestor kill. Is there something a bit cheaper that can run these serpentis sites that can also do them faster than my poor nestor? Race isn't an issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm absolutely terrible at EFT warrioring. =x
Sheeth Athonille
Rabid Dogz Mining
The Bastion
#2 - 2015-04-21 03:28:57 UTC
I would personally recommend using a dominix. That or you could use a t3 cruiser. Don't mean to sound mean, but nearly anything would be better than your nestor. The nestor is mainly a bs sized logi.
The Eve Terrorist
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-04-21 03:39:37 UTC
Sheeth Athonille wrote:
I would personally recommend using a dominix. That or you could use a t3 cruiser. Don't mean to sound mean, but nearly anything would be better than your nestor. The nestor is mainly a bs sized logi.


True, but it's bonus to hacking and such made it useful. Plus it's ability to let my friends refit off of it when I'm not alone is also useful. Like a mini-carrier. The ability to carry so many drones made it easy to change damage types as well. It was an amazing option when I chose it, but now that I want to start doing more solo it's not as desirable anymore. I actually did look at the domi as I like drones but I'm thinking a T3 might actually be a better way to go. Or a BC though I haven't been that impressed with any fit I could come up with for the command ships.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2015-04-21 05:17:30 UTC
The Eve Terrorist wrote:
Sheeth Athonille wrote:
I would personally recommend using a dominix. That or you could use a t3 cruiser. Don't mean to sound mean, but nearly anything would be better than your nestor. The nestor is mainly a bs sized logi.


True, but it's bonus to hacking and such made it useful. Plus it's ability to let my friends refit off of it when I'm not alone is also useful. Like a mini-carrier. The ability to carry so many drones made it easy to change damage types as well. It was an amazing option when I chose it, but now that I want to start doing more solo it's not as desirable anymore. I actually did look at the domi as I like drones but I'm thinking a T3 might actually be a better way to go. Or a BC though I haven't been that impressed with any fit I could come up with for the command ships.


Nestor is not really a solo ship. in fact by all accounts works best in fleet with other Nestor.

Ishtar ?
The Eve Terrorist
Doomheim
#5 - 2015-04-21 13:36:13 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
The Eve Terrorist wrote:
Sheeth Athonille wrote:
I would personally recommend using a dominix. That or you could use a t3 cruiser. Don't mean to sound mean, but nearly anything would be better than your nestor. The nestor is mainly a bs sized logi.


True, but it's bonus to hacking and such made it useful. Plus it's ability to let my friends refit off of it when I'm not alone is also useful. Like a mini-carrier. The ability to carry so many drones made it easy to change damage types as well. It was an amazing option when I chose it, but now that I want to start doing more solo it's not as desirable anymore. I actually did look at the domi as I like drones but I'm thinking a T3 might actually be a better way to go. Or a BC though I haven't been that impressed with any fit I could come up with for the command ships.


Nestor is not really a solo ship. in fact by all accounts works best in fleet with other Nestor.

Ishtar ?


Could an Ishtar effectively tank a 10/10? I didn't think they had that much of a tank on them.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#6 - 2015-04-21 13:56:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
an ishtar wont survive a 8/10, tengu was what my old alliance recommended for plexing, the last room in the 8/10 is just too much damage for a solo ishtar (maybe i was flying it wrong but being webbed on warp in i couldnt pull range fast enough)

for the cost of a nestor id rather use a vargur which will solo everything with ease

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

The Eve Terrorist
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-04-21 14:04:33 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
an ishtar wont survive a 8/10, tengu was what my old alliance recommended for plexing, the last room in the 8/10 is just too much damage for a solo ishtar

for the cost of a nestor id rather use a vargur which will solo everything with ease


I was actually trying a Vargur last night. It was working pretty well until I had to kill the BSs that kept at range. Shooting at the edge of fall off took a while. Though, I didn't have a prop mod. I should try it with one tonight.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#8 - 2015-04-21 14:08:42 UTC
The Eve Terrorist wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
an ishtar wont survive a 8/10, tengu was what my old alliance recommended for plexing, the last room in the 8/10 is just too much damage for a solo ishtar

for the cost of a nestor id rather use a vargur which will solo everything with ease


I was actually trying a Vargur last night. It was working pretty well until I had to kill the BSs that kept at range. Shooting at the edge of fall off took a while. Though, I didn't have a prop mod. I should try it with one tonight.


i used the vargur for blood raider 10/10's, you need to fit a micro jump drive and kill the objective (structure) then bookmark the can then warp out, ignoring all the ships

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Dante Burke
Practical Applications
#9 - 2015-04-22 07:11:05 UTC
When I used to live out in null sov, we had Gurista rats to pewpew. I used a Tengu (wasn't fitted terribly well either) to run those high end DED sites proper solo.

If you are keeping in Syndicate, then I would see about a Tengu for your sites for no other reason than mobility. NPC null, while still offering many benefits as null sov, has the rather tricky situation of being hot spots for PVP. If you're flying around a slow moving battleship, especially if you're checking one system after the other, it leaves you very vulnerable to an easy gank.

As Serpentis are rather easily tanked, if you keep in a battleship, then I'll echo the comment on picking a Dominix. Packs a punch, and it won't cost you anywhere near as much ISK when it's blapped as a Nestor will.

One drag bubble and a 'Ceptor, and that Nestor's days are over.

I solo warped into Asakai, and all I got was this stupid t-shirt. - Dante Burke

pushdogg
relocation LLC.
#10 - 2015-04-22 21:48:00 UTC
Dante Burke wrote:


One drag bubble and a 'Ceptor, and that Nestor's days are over.


i second this, especially since you posted on the forums you plex in syndicate in a nestor. it doesnt take much to block up a system, and a nestor kill will outweigh boredom in more cases than you have chances of escaping.

a t3 would probably be my first instinct, and because syndicate has plenty of npc stations you can change sub-systems to move about or plex.

bs are just way to lumbering and slow, kinda like an ocean freighter. one little boat of somali pirates and your toast.

Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#11 - 2015-04-23 21:19:14 UTC
The Eve Terrorist wrote:
I was actually trying a Vargur last night. It was working pretty well until I had to kill the BSs that kept at range. Shooting at the edge of fall off took a while. Though, I didn't have a prop mod. I should try it with one tonight.
I've heard some people drop a mobile depot and refit to artillery when needed.
Gugl1 Molou
League of Non-Aligned Worlds
Snuffed Out
#12 - 2015-04-23 23:24:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Gugl1 Molou
Personally I used to bridge my Proteus/Tengu to the system in question, always depending on which toons I had available. Since Mobile Depots its been made a lot easier to do it without a dedicated scanning toon (refit a T3 to scanning/nullified/cloaky etc).

If you're actively seeking out DED's with a dedicated scanning toon, you should train for a covert cyno and bridge yourself around. It makes the job a lot less painful moving 10+ jumps, and you can get several rooms done in that time.

I've also seen two spider-tanking Sin's do it to great extent.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#13 - 2015-04-26 03:43:00 UTC  |  Edited by: FT Diomedes
The Eve Terrorist wrote:
I've been running plexes out in Syndicate for a few weeks now and I'm loving it. However, I've been slow at them trying to do them in my Nestor. I can do the 8/10s and 9/10s but haven't found a 10/10 to try yet. It seems like I'm really slow and I bring out tons of people looking to bag a nestor kill. Is there something a bit cheaper that can run these serpentis sites that can also do them faster than my poor nestor? Race isn't an issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm absolutely terrible at EFT warrioring. =x


Nearly anything can do it faster than a Nestor. The Serpentis 10/10 is a complete joke.

My favorite ship for running complexes in hostile space is the Widow. I can scout out sites with a cloaky nullifed T3, then jump to the covert cyno, run the site, then get back to safety.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

GordonO
BURN EDEN
#14 - 2015-04-29 03:19:27 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
The Eve Terrorist wrote:
I've been running plexes out in Syndicate for a few weeks now and I'm loving it. However, I've been slow at them trying to do them in my Nestor. I can do the 8/10s and 9/10s but haven't found a 10/10 to try yet. It seems like I'm really slow and I bring out tons of people looking to bag a nestor kill. Is there something a bit cheaper that can run these serpentis sites that can also do them faster than my poor nestor? Race isn't an issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm absolutely terrible at EFT warrioring. =x


Nearly anything can do it faster than a Nestor. The Serpentis 10/10 is a complete joke.

My favorite ship for running complexes in hostile space is the Widow. I can scout out sites with a cloaky nullifed T3, then jump to the covert cyno, run the site, then get back to safety.



Widow does terrible dps, a sin works better

... What next ??

Aplysia Vejun
Children of Agasul
#15 - 2015-04-29 12:01:20 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
an ishtar wont survive a 8/10, tengu was what my old alliance recommended for plexing, the last room in the 8/10 is just too much damage for a solo ishtar (maybe i was flying it wrong but being webbed on warp in i couldnt pull range fast enough)

for the cost of a nestor id rather use a vargur which will solo everything with ease

I never had any problems with any serpentis site with an Ishtar. Even 8/10 are easy (its annoying to kill the station though)
Segraina Skyblazer
Doomheim
#16 - 2015-05-05 13:58:49 UTC
Sleipnir, I need say nothing more.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#17 - 2015-05-05 14:25:06 UTC
Aplysia Vejun wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
an ishtar wont survive a 8/10, tengu was what my old alliance recommended for plexing, the last room in the 8/10 is just too much damage for a solo ishtar (maybe i was flying it wrong but being webbed on warp in i couldnt pull range fast enough)

for the cost of a nestor id rather use a vargur which will solo everything with ease

I never had any problems with any serpentis site with an Ishtar. Even 8/10 are easy (its annoying to kill the station though)


twice i tried 8/10's in an ishtar and was literally annihiliated on warp in of the last room, but i guess if you've done it then its doable and i stand corrected Cool

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Kiatae
The Fork
Clever Use of Neutral Toons
#18 - 2015-05-10 10:40:44 UTC
I usually do them in Angel space and my ship of choice is Rattlesnake.
Awesome DPS, tank and MJD + prop mode option.
Cheaper version would be a Dominix or even a Domi navy.
Carry a mobile depot plus modules you would need and you are to do any plex imo.
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2015-05-10 16:11:06 UTC
I have done serp 10/10's comfortably with an ishtar. It takes forever though. I would also suggest domi or t3.